Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

By my Will alone I make my display server work the first time, every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Ahahaha White Chain still thinks she's Alison's master, she has no idea how far she's been surpassed

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Check the alt text, winter on Svelben here lasts for ten years.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This is going to be the most hype philosophical debate on liberalism vs authoritarianism in the history of webcomics

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I think the up-close shot in the second panel of Dave's gaping forehead scar is worth considering here.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Rand Brittain posted:

Also apparently she can't talk properly to anybody, except Allison, for reasons that aren't really elaborated on?

She was able to get out of the cube and talk to Allison because it was the time in the timeline for her to, obviously.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm sure the Maybe Sword will become pivotally important at some point, but I strongly doubt it's going to be Jagganoth that gets the Big Cut.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Yeah it's definitely going to be Metatron

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

If Jagg says "yes, I'm alive", then he is no longer the dead man he is now, so it's a win. If he doesn't, he gets Cut, so it's also a win. The Double-Edged Maybe Sword.

Okay I'm making a note here because this is such a good theory if this happens I want you to be appropriately rewarded with praises

Youremother fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 8, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

White Chain firmly on the "die like a dog" side of the issue, makes sense considering she physically couldn't before

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

WC learns as so many women do that transitioning doesn't actually solve all of their problems and in fact creates some fun new ones!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

God drat, I didn't even process David had his right arm covered the entire time

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Oxxidation posted:

smash smash
bang bang
don't stop
chalang-a-lang-a-lang

Smash Smash eat the worm

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Tosk posted:

How do you all interpret Gog's expression in the panel after Allison asks her how many cycles there have been? (beyond conveying 'a lot')

Trying not to break down into anguished hysterics.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Harry could probably reach heaven by violence but I dunno if Alison could've solved the hanged man case... Well she probably would by accident and luck

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

But the Thread remembers. The Thread is immortal. And most of all... The Thread always wins.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

would you still let me master the wheel even if I was a worm?

Really good prospective thread title IMO

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

We are currently in the timeline where Jason figured it out

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Morrowind and it's not even close.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

If you really want to understand the parts that inspired KSBD, you'll have to dig into the fanon works of Michael Kirkbride, and that takes a LOT of mental fortitude and I'm a huge Kirkbride fan.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

There's actually an Elder scrolls lore thread that hasn't seen a new post in over a year in The Sci-Fi Wi-Fi, so if anybody wants to get nitty gritty about it that would be the place to be too!

I knew never removing that thread from my bookmarks would pay off one day! :unsmith:

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I liked Morroblivion. That was a pretty good compromise between play styles.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Ohhh no, this thread can barely handle discussing what Royalty is, if we try to work out what's going on in c0da we're going down in flames

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

FlocksOfMice posted:

Of all the fantasy settings TES is one of the few where gods don't seem to actually need worship to exist, yeah.

This is what makes the dwemer so scary, by the way. They're atheists in a universe where the gods factually exist as much as you or me. When confronted with the fact that reality is a dream, they didn't ask "how do we achieve this enlightened state?" They asked "how do we wake the big guy up?"

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

MikeJF posted:

And now they're nobody's problem.

This is extremely dependent on if you like c0da or not, and what you define as "nobody's problem." The altmer are definitely nobodies after the dwemer erased them from history, yeah

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

thechosenone posted:

Wait did the Dwemer like, screw up the universe such that to everyone they whammied they dissapeared, but to them everyone else did?

No, they hosed up building a giant God Robot to unmake reality and then thousands and thousands of years later show back up (as the God robot) and delete most of Nirn from history. This is all c0da lore so take it with a grain of salt.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT'S THE GOG AGOG SHOW!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrLsZM4Hhso

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This update might be the closest thing to something that could happen on actual Earth we've had in a long time.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Even if you don't approve of Gog Agog's actions as demiurge, you gotta admit she gets some great guests on The Gog Agog Show.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Why are Gog's pupils sponsored by Chevrolet

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

TwoPair posted:

Never did I think I'd see so much discussion of thought balloons of all things in a comic

With things like the thumb and the two light sources in the past, this is par for the course

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Not many webcomics can support arguments like this, just another reason why KSBD is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

To stretch this metaphor a bit thinner, the fish did reach through the chimney and grab Santa by the ankle here. Fish started it.