Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Reach Heaven Through Violence seems to have originated in the sword manual of the person who said before mastering the sword you should first master sweeping, drawing water, writing, making paper, POETRY writing, house building and then after you've built a house give the gently caress up on mastering the sword because swords are dumb and only used by dumb people. So, I'd personally hesitate before assuming it's good and literal advice that's the key to the entire comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Hm. Two new third parties? Or is Zoss 6 Juggernaut's enemy?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The petals I believe do give a poo poo about that, its just immensely easier for them to get someone to fix their armor. Fixing your own armor is what gets you looking all.. Thorn-knight-y.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

The Mentalizer posted:

E: plus at least one of them knows that's a key of kings she has lodged there in her brow. I'm sure the others do too, but only one of them acknowledged it out loud. Although I guess that's not really surprising, since lots of people seem to know about it at this point. After all, it is all over the glyphosphere.

I don't think it was a "everyone has heard about it already" deal. But rather if Allison DIDN'T have a key of kings than it wouldn't have worked to just shove the mask on there, but it did work, ergo Allison has a key of kings.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

im still not sure why Nand let them hang around when he knew for a fact he was being lied to.

He probably figured he'd see what the hell white chain was trying to pull and also get to keep allison anyway.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
10 Vigilant Gaze seems to have a pretty laid back job so I wouldn't necessarily bet on that number reflecting their power.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tollymain posted:

angel armour is incredibly heavy-duty poo poo, and somehow i don't see michael exposing his to a lot of wear and tear? he's been dragging that thing around for a while

It sounded to me like that damage is from the demiurge war, not from zoss. "Bear the mark of the company's sundering" after all and when zoss first came in there wasn't a compact anyway.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I think it probably wouldn't be surprising if Himself ended up one of the LEAST manipulative, treacherous devils. Devils trick and manipulate in part because that is how they shed their names. They can't just be content to whatever station they've reached either because apparently names eventually grow stale. But Himself has not only reached beyond the top of the ladder, he's also got no need to worry about his name growing stale because he doesn't have one.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

There's also the possibility that Mottom thinks that the prophecy is inevitable and unstoppable, in which case the successor's girlfriend (as she thinks) is a pretty good bargaining chip or tool in securing herself a decent spot post-successor.

Given her dialog at the demiurge meeting, it seems to me she not only thinks the prophecy is inevitable she's projecting that onto all the other demiurges and thinks any indication to the contrary is just denial.

reignonyourparade fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 13, 2016

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
It would not be terribly shocking if "yeah destroy the body" was as much of a lie as the banishment was in the first place.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
He has previously been described as "the late god-king." I guess people might just ASSUME he's dead, but I really don't understand where the supposed mystery ever came from?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If every year Mottom just loving wiped out the shittiest guild her realm would probably be fine by now.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

She could probably do that weekly and never make a dent on their numbers.

I think that's underestimating the ridiculous amount of time she's had.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mottom is short for Mother Om, Mottom Om is redundant. If you meant to go for "full name" you'd want Nadia Om.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just had a realization. Names are powerful in K6BD, right? And Allison won a contest and named a demon while using the fake name Magister Usagi, right? ...does that mean it's not fake any more?

Some names are powerful for some people, but we don't know for sure that all names arw powerful for all people.

Plus Allison's IMPORTANT name isn't Allison, so Usagi being on equal footing isn't going to hold anything to Kill Six Billion Demons.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Plus we already got one Earth native among the Demiurges with ol Solomon there. Unless he comes from one of those so-little-different-it-may-as-well-be-the-same alternate universe Earths. It'd be weird if Zoss was from there too.

Well I mean, statistically Solomon being from a "so little different" universe is more likely than not.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"gunwitches are fuckin sweet check out these trick shots."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Mildly disappointed that descriptions of Royalty no longer all apply equally well to Sailor Scouts.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

meanwhile Layla Brimstone continues to question her life choices

I'm 70% convinced she just couldn't let "Speak up so i can remove your head" guy's shittalking stand and is primarily only here to outlast him.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
It's consistent with his right hand in that last panel of current page, so maybe he hands can just rotate around.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That's like, Aesma level posting.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
They're into not having a gender but especially not being ladies.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I doubt she gives a poo poo so long as they're healthy. It's the Mykosian's mistaken assumptions that are at fault here.

There was, I believe, a mention that Nadia's Dames are picked out from among the maidens, and I imagine there's much more chance of getting picked if you've got all sorts of classical knowledge, so it's not necessarily all that mistaken.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't think anyone was on the same tier as him, since the act of breaching was itself a huge breakthrough that allowed lesser attempts to make it.

Even so they weren't even on the level of the people who managed to break into throne after Zoss paved the way. At LEAST two tiers down.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Well I mean we know exactly where the Thorns come from (Metatron being pissed about Zoss), and the Petals don't really seem like a coherent order with a real history so much as assorted dropout angels who'd rather gently caress around than enforce any law New or Old, so

I dunno it seemed at first like the main deal with thrones was they hosed themselves up by making their own armor before we learned nope they've got a proper ideology. Then the one petal we've scene apparently felt "long live the new flesh" was important enough to shout right before dying so I'm not sure we won't later find out there's more to the petals than what we've been told.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Long live the new flesh.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

she's literally drunk on power

Hey now that's giving her too much credit she's a relatively capable drunk.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

is it wrong to have a life goal of inventing time travel solely so I can convince the homestuck guy's mom to not have any children

I'm pretty sure I've seen this movie before and it'll turn out he was adopted and that only happened because of you

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Erfworld book one is actually pretty good as a stand-alone work. I wouldn't call it afterward BAD but it's got flaws that aren't really present in book 1.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

White Coke posted:

Do you pronounce it Yi-sun or Yis-un?

Consider: there is no such thing as correct pronunciation.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
hosed up that it turns out Himself is actually Joseph Joestar

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

Does it? I'm actually asking since I didn't read that bit, I thought devils actually die when they're killed or lose all their memories and die ego death or something bad, otherwise beheading Yab wouldn't really be a feasible solution.

Strictly speaking there's a significant chance devils aren't actually alive in the first place.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm pretty sure that is the exact opposite of the case.

Royalty is something you do instead of growing as a person, so you can kill all the people who did.

For the most part it's like this as you get more and more royal but then as you start getting REALLY royal you gently caress off to be a fisherman because royalty is dumb.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Hard to permanently kill a devil, but on the other hand if no one cares about them enough to actively go to the effort of trying to bring them back you've as good as permanently killed them.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

Welp there's the first human life paid in exchange for Allison's dumb boyfriend.

I get the feeling its not gonna be worth it and when she gets him she'll be way too warped to relate anymore.

I don't think Allison was ever under the impression it was worth it, it was just on principle that he didn't deserve it despite being a creep.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Are angels supposed to get mad?

Honestly I think precedent would suggest its going to be "no, but that's only because the Root Knights have defined the ways they get mad and the things they get mad over as Not Mad.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Didn't Delicious end up with a hand in exactly that position when getting beaten to death? Good callback there if so.

EDIT: Looks like I remembered incorrectly.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
You know from the "Nice" and the fact that he's still going at this, Incubus is probably legitimately a bit excited about testing himself against Mammon's poo poo without it immediately rekindling universal war.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If you meet the #2 god on the road, rough him up a little, make fun of his hair, that sort of thing,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Clevin edits are funny but they legitimately are a forced meme and you were making them way before they were actually funny (because you started making them back when clevin was just 'kinda dumb' instead of 'the hilarious epitome of everything that's wrong with that comic.')