Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I like the comment that everyone who doesn't understand the context of why she's shouting that (aka: everyone) must think she was just toying with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Can't tell whether that's Layla Brimestone or a completely distinct Gunwitch.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ashcans posted:

That's a different one; Layla has red hair and is either really pale or wear some sort of paint/mask.

See, I know that, and yet...

quote:

Unless she has done some radical restyling during the break.
I can't rule this out!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Gnome de plume posted:

Shouldn't only the outermost floor tiles collapse first then

And I don't know what the the name of the bony guy in the red coat and hat is but Imma callin him Skelucard

Zaid told solomon about fortnite but Solomon wanted it to look like he came up with his own completely independent idea and it absolutely wasn't inspired by zaid telling him about fortnite, which is why the removals happen at random it's coMPLETELY DIFFERENT ZAID

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

Abaddon said there's a case to be made that Vladok's dead and Princess is deceiving themselves.

There's also a case to be made that neither Vladok or Princess ever existed and princess is just a nonsentient chunk of the hot black flame that reacts to stimulus in such a way as to simulate a devil deceiving itself into thinking it's the continuation of another devil.

Because it's an in-universe position that all devils are P-Zombies and for the most part devils have the response of "drat you make a good point" and then continuing on as they were.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I predict the next 20 pages will instead contain gay and kung fu

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

ive got 12,000 large kung fu failsons involved in writing up legal documents why you cant just go and switch two words around like that all higgledy-piggledy

i did, and i'll do it again

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Perhaps the reason why White Chain doesn't know what Royalty is and why this means that they should totally let Alison do what she wants is because they can't read the text below the comic like we can and thus, much like how even the most educated scholars in the Elder Scrolls series (ABADDON's big inspiration) are unaware of CHIM or other deeper metaphysical implications of reality, they don't know what the gently caress a Royalty is beyond a few vague allusions in the Song of Maybe and its dictionary definition of "monarchs".

I dunno, I just also like to defend Lawful characters against Chaotic scrublords since Chaos sucks poo poo

A not insignificant amount of the texts below the comic, even those musing on the nature of Royalty are explicitly in universe texts that White Chain very well can read.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Scope posted:

Angels lose all their memories when they’re “killed,” right?

Angels lose like 90% of their memories when they're "killed." Jugghead for example is partially implied by stuff outside the comic to possibly be How They Are because of the circumstances of 5 Juggernaut Star's death.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

can an angel wear a devil mask

I don't think it would do anything of value. Devil masks and Angel shells do different things. An angel's shell is a container to keep all the dangerous angel-stuff from breaking the rest of reality. A devil's mask gives shape, identity, whatnot to an indistinct mass of devil-stuff that possesses neither shape nor identity. An angel has shape and identity already.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Starting to see exactly why Salami Dave thinks he can take on Jagganoth.

Edit: also he absolutely changed diapers and told dad jokes back with his original family, he was just A Dude at that point.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
In fact I'm going to go one further: Solomon David doesn't tell dad jokes specifically because of all the dad jokes he told his daughters, he doesn't want some imitation of that.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

I doubt it; Dave's probably going to letter-of-the-law and kill them too because he said that they had to "remain as you are and do absolutely nothing".

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-10-132/

Hell, he's probably going to still kill people who did stand still because they blinked or something.

Letter of the law is just that running away means you don't get any rewards. It basically set up a scenario where those who DO trust in his words get rewards and those who went "actually I dont want to be anywhere near Salami Dave when he's fighting" get mere survival.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sword Law itself is very pragmatic in that the first and most important thing it tries to instill in new students is that swords are very silly things only good for killing people and your Master will think better of you for quitting their tutelage. There are thousands of better paths you could take that are long, happy, and don't involve getting stabbed or maimed. Take your sword, beat it into a plow, and it will be a far greater tool for the rest of your days.

But, if you really want to learn how to use a sword, then at least learn how to cut something properly.

Meti only had one apprentice. Incubus was merely part of the lesson.

Well, unless a universal war starts up regardless of your actions.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tulip posted:

So wait

Life in K6BD is, explicitly, not an emergent property of chemicals, but a result of The Divine Flame. Conscious beings, generally, are Inheritors, and are either white flame (Servants & Angels) or black flame (Humans & Devils).

Is Gog Agog a Servant?

If her origin story still holds, her flame might still be that of the original black flame of the girl first eaten by Worms all that time ago.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tulip posted:

I mean yeah, he had his own heart torn out so that he could transubstantiate himself into a troll in order to do darkness-specific quests to be better at killing chaos demons. He was born during a cosmic calamity where the sun stopped in the sky that caused time to become unmoored.

That said the halo itself without the sword is Law, so maybe I'm just reading too much into it (don't do this never assume that you're reading too much into Arkat).

Uh excuse me, arkat was a troll all along who pretended to be a human, we know this because when he went through the turn-into-a-troll ritual he didn't even scream in pain once
:trollsay:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Algid posted:

It feels like he resents his daughter for dying so he only has sons, and then he resents his sons for not being his daughter.

I don't think it's resentment towards his daughter, he just isn't willing to engage in anything that feels like Replacement Daughter.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder how much was destroyed in that initial blast. I assumed it was contained within the arena at first, but now it's looking like it might be the whole city, at least.

It did break out of the Arena containment, but also what we see on this pages roughly matches up with what we saw of the remains of the arena at the end of the last chapter, so it's difficult to saw how much damage was done to the rest of the city.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Precambrian posted:

I am interested in the fact that everything we know about Meti is told to us by Maya, and there's hints that she's recast some of the story in her favor.

Nope, two independent sources. We've got Maya, but we've also got Meti herself in the form of Meti's sword manual. Meti's sword manual isn't exactly the most THOROUGH source, but it still manages to back up some of Maya's interpretation.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I enjoy that Jag tossing swords everywhere was evidently a thought out tactical consideration.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Failed gunwitch

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I believe the war had meant different things at different times and Zoss disappeared when people were still pretending this war was a regular "civilized" war.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

I feel like if violence were a solution to the Jagg problem, Incubus may be the one with the best shot of hurting him just because all the teachings on cutting seem to be that swordsmen are idiots but if you are going to cut something then with enough dedication you can absolutely cut through anything including stuff that is uncuttable.

However I don’t think “Actually, mega violence was the answer all along” is thematically consistent at this point.

I don't think "actually violence is absolute never the answer" is thematically consistent at this point either. A life mastering the sword is not particularly pleasant but I do not think it would've gone much better if Maya was a noodle vender when the Yellow City was destroyed, and while Intra dug a well and built an oven, he still also killed the tyrant's men.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
When an actual investigation starts people would realize that Zaid actually disappeared BEFORE Allison, from like, HIS friends. So uh, probably the leading theories are gonna be "Allison killed Zaid and went on the run."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ocean of Milk posted:

Okay, so what the hell is it with this comic and Inc and Jagg? Also according to Incubus Allison is the true heir (whatever that actually implies), but Jagg says something different now. Guess he didn't think it's true?

The way Incubus emphasizes "she IS the true heir" to me implies that it's a matter of existing disagreement.

Anyway LOL at everyone who was ever saying mr "i need a sword i need a sword" was 'Meti's REAL apprentice' or the like.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Victis posted:

I mean if Jaggs is right no pact of demiurges has ever stopped him so I still don't know why this will be any different

The memories awakened could always be false I suppose

Here's the question: has any pact of demiurges even tried to stop him and not previously gotten taken out in a series of boss fights by non-allison heirs? "0 out of 0" would still be correct that no pact of demiurges has stopped him but isn't really meaningful.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"Talent" is having gotten started so young you didn't immediately get embarrassed by how bad you are and immediately abandon it because of that.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That smile has me leaning towards the previous "jadis's 'foresight' was previous turns of the wheel and she didn't foresee this with Allison" theories.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Jagg really was invulnerable but also Solomon straight up wasn't deluding himself when he thought he could take him despite that, he just didn't want to pay the costs until sufficiently desperate.

It is not so unbelievable that it can be within the capabilities of other demiurges to render that invulneravility... not a concern.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Humans created the currently existing angels (and devils) using the knowledge they gained from Metatron and imposed their rules and will on them. They had nothing to do with the creation of Metatron and all the other giant dead angels. So there's no reason for Metatron to be bound by those laws.

Humans didn't create ANY angels, they just made the shells for the angels that absolutely existed whose previous job was doing poo poo in the void.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

I like to imagine that she's walking/running/jumping/etc as she usually would, and it doesn't matter that she's missing both an arm and a leg.

Until she looks down and notices it, then falls over under loony tune rules

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Sure everyone gets their turn to be the battleground of the universal war eventually, when she chose to dive in it wasn't an immediate concern. Her hometown, like her vegetable garden, may well have rode it out just fine if there weren't a demiurge's family to be hunted down there.

None of the other [Color] cities rode things out. Mostly they seem to have been conquered and destroyed because they were there to conquer and destroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

nimby posted:

From what I remember Gog-Agog started as a swarm of worms that ate someone who died with a key, then either copied sapience along with gaining that key, or acquiring the key allowed the worm swarm to form a sapient hivemind. There's not a single worm that was Gog-Agog, it was a big pile of them from the start.

The key was a couple steps down the line.

The worms ate this random lady that killed herself, and then kinda was the lady but also kinda was the worms, and then kept eating/assuming the identity of people up the chain in fits of jealousy, and then eventually somebody with a key opened up a portal to a world that at that point was OOOPS All Worms! and immediately got eaten themself.

But the only thing particularly special about that first dead lady was how strongly she felt her emotions, she wasn't some great wizard that the worms absorbed the power of.

This is all outside of full on Canon and theoretically subject to change when/if actually visited in comic, but it's basically the accounting of Gog's origins we have.