Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cat Mattress posted:

Note that ancient names like Michael aren't just random phonemes that sounded cool. "2 Michael" could as well be called "2 Mysterious Identity of the Similarity to God". And for "1 Metatron" you could go with something like "1 Watcher Over Throne".

Metatron is a phoneme that sounds cool, though. Like, even divorced from its biblical source, it just sounds awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Very hot, white, made of nuclear fire?

Fixed, and now you're doxxing ME.

e: or I'm doxxing myself, I guess.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Wings are the appendix of Angel anatomy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Key of Kings is like the Mark of Torment from Planescape:Torment where it draws weirdos towards you.

Would explain how the 108 keep finding her.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

PetraCore posted:

The problem, of course, is that while pacting in moderation should be sustainable for both parties, it's not sating. A pacted Devil is bound to the contract they made, which can chafe, if the contract is a moderate one, they're not going to be getting a lot of soul, just enough to sustain them. So plenty of Devils push for more power, more uneven contracts, more food, but even once they hypothetically reach the highest tiers of power, that's not going to be 'enough', just like in real life billionaires will keep trying to get richer.

This, of course, means that there must be firms of devils who provide various services to multiple individuals each, the economy of scale comes in when the firm will have devils able to make any type of pact needed and act as a clearinghouse for contracts. I'm sure they have a kickass legal department, too, in order to make the best possible contracts for their employees. Not sure how the ownership would get paid, maybe they're partners who get a cut of everything. Or maybe it's a devil cooperative, and gently caress Capital.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I haven't, but I'll add it to my reading list!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I wonder if Swolemon David has body issues...

e: Also, at the rate Al-YISUN is collecting scars, she's gonna look like the Nameless One by the time she takes her throne.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 14, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

To the first point, get to know a body builder and erase all doubt.

That's true, my sister-in-law and I did agree at one point that my brother could never watch Magic Mike because it would exacerbate his existential angst that he's not swole enough.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 14, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

She must cut Ruth from herself.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

^
|

Literally beat me by seconds.

That stairway is NOT up to code.

e: That should be, BOTH stairways are not up to code.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 17, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I like that they got a penthouse. Not sure why Al-YISUN's room would be cold, though. Does heat not rise in Throne?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The fire pole is awesome, but it must be a pain in the rear end to shimmy up if you want to go from the first level to the kitchen.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

It's a spiral staircase.

Aww. Now I WANT it to be a fire pole.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

An efficiency condo in the left buttock of the God of Night-Soil. Enjoy!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Turns out White Devils are really good writers. They have a lot to say.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Allison is one of those assholes you see using the environment as their gym/place to show off. Bad look, Al.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

So the final battle with Solomon is just a pose down? I'm fine with that.

Solomon David loses on the tiebreaker of "properly placed nips."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Nyaeve, as someone who'd been trained from birth to be an aide to a God-Queen, actually makes good money and is the only reason why they can really afford food and utilities. She's worked in fields from airship repair to tutoring the local scions of minor nobility.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Abbadon's art has improved by leaps and bounds over where he started, but he still occasionally has some weird anatomy. Like Solomon David in the initially posted version of the bottom left panel in this page had nips that were literally closer to his scapulae than where they should be.

e: Wait, it was the one before that page:
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1030550574100566016

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 22, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kinda hostile, huh?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Xarbala posted:

The artjoke dogpile really got abaddon down last time he was here, I think it was the sheer number of people making nipple and thumb jokes that ground him down.

Fair enough, didn't realize that'd happened. The nipple joke was meant to be about an extremely minor anatomical issue, only worth bringing up as lighthearted kidding. His art is loving fantastic conceptually and has gotten very proficient as time has gone on. Plus, I can't think of any other webcomic artist who can pull off this:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I thought it was for swooning over Devil Fashion, but I only realized this thread existed a couple weeks ago.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Operant posted:

i draw comics and write role playing games for a living, my existence is getting body slammed by 50 nerds daily, over and over

Your poo poo is among the best poo poo I've seen. 13/10 have reread more than once and evangelized to friends. Thank you for bringing that joy into my life.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

I bet those nerds haven't even taken a single grappling class and can't even body-slam you properly. shame

That actually makes it more dangerous.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Fuckboi Shows His Whole rear end.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I also thought it was a weirdly flavored peach. Which immediately brought this to mind when Cio took a bite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyViuXFyIE4

Apparently, that thought might have also entered Al's mind too.

Pretty psyched about the Allison/Cio relationship. Gonna be interesting to see what happens as Allison draws closer to Royalty and further from Mortality.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, that comments section went bad in a hurry. And it's not even the "oh no problematical" comment, which was pretty well shut the gently caress down. It's the sheer thirst in a lot of comments being more than a lil' creepy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

It's amazing that there were some people so repulsive that they got themselves kicked out of 4chan. /pol is hell, so what does that make 8chan?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous milking motion.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Cio's face in the conquering days frame is perfect, and is also almost certain to end up a SA avatar.

e: Al doesn't know it, but what she's missing is training from Auntie Maya.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

There's a difference between need and want. And Royalty wants for nothing.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

MikeJF posted:

I imagine the demiurges threw them at each other.

Swolemon David and Jaggs each picked one up and threw it at other demiurges, obvs. Royalty is a continuous lifting motion.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a ring providing a single permanent point of Levitate.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Of course Incubus visits women in dreams. Dude has more red flags than a workers revolution.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Ixjuvin posted:

I mean... his name is Incubus tbf

Yeah, but he's not an incubus, he chose the name. So he doesn't get the devil pass of "it's my nature!" Ofc, I have zero doubt that he shows up in men's dreams as well, so at least he's not gender discriminating.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

This is not a coincidence because nothing is ever a coincidence.

(I think readers of KSBD would probably enjoy Unsong- it's got the same holy poo poo level of inventiveness except in prose form rather than graphic novel form. Plus, Royalty would probably roll with the Kabbalah just fine.)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is not derailing the conversation from the sick loving lats and delts of Swolemon David and Swole-YISUN.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Xand_Man posted:

George Clinton is definitely Royalty

Not an emptyquote.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

neogeo0823 posted:

I could not, for the life of me, read that page and not instantly hear the power up wooshing noise from DBZ :goku:

I'm absolutely not complaining, I just couldn't do it.

Yeah. It's pretty fuckin' rad in all the right ways. She's come a long way from being 5 milliGokus (aka, a half-Yamcha).

Bilirubin posted:

My head cannon for his voice is Saddam Hussein from South Park

"Heeeeey Jagganoth."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Hold up, who's got some receipts about Incubus being able to take Maya back before he took the key that she passed up? I thought it was known that she had that seat at the table for the taking, and she walked away from it leaving it to the best of the rest (who ended up being Incubus).

E: re: Head of John

Manual of Hands and Feet posted:

“HEAD OF JOHN

An internal style focused on hardening the self. After many years of preparation and training, practitioners ram three metal studs into their skull, piercing the bone and blocking the flow of Atum at precise meridians. The studs extrude from the skull slightly and are said to be uncomfortable in cold weather. Once this ritual is accomplished, there is a healing, fasting, and meditation period of three weeks. After this, the practitioner finds that the skin of their head and neck becomes almost impermeable to harm and able to exert incredible force. It cannot be cut, severed, or scored by any blade, though I have seen many try.

The chief feature of this style is using the head as a blunt weapon. I have seen acolytes shatter bone with their headbutts in practice and an elder monk break a temple wall with the fierce application of his forehead. By practice of meditation they are also said to have accomplished unbelievable feats. It is a common story among the monks that their most senior member had his body destroyed and his head severed while defending the temple many years ago. His head survived for four weeks without a body, and was later sewn back on to the body of a deceased temple guard, which quickly revivified both the body and the head. I could not verify his claims but his neck did have a most spectacular scar. ”

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 11, 2019