Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So what's that alt-text supposed to mean? That 6 Juggernaut Star actually wants to get rid of all the Demiurges and install a new King? If I'm interpreting things right, the Breaker of Divinities is Zoss and it seems like 6 Juggernaut Star was the one to have struck the finishing blow as the Thorn Knight who lopped his head off looks like 6 in armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

wiegieman posted:

No, Zoss killed the gods, and became Royalty himself.

It specifically says the "slayer of the Breaker of Divinities" is a Royalist, not the Breaker of Divinities himself.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Hmm, interesting set of possibilities with 6. He either knows Zaid isn't the successor but wants him to have the Key anyway because 6 figures that he can game the prophecy and Zaid will be an easy target unlike the actual successor, or he's clueless but has huge balls and thinks he can take on the successor.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm guessing that if an Angel gets killed in the Void, its gotta remake itself completely, whereas if their armor gets broken, it can be repaired by someone and they can come back.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

New Page
6 Juggernaut confirmed for Bonewheel shield Logarius' Wheel user.

So are the wheels of the bonecycle a part of 6 Juggernaut Star?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I think that you either have to get your armor fixed (such as when Allison removed the needle from 82's face after Delicious ganked her) or wait for ages to get reincarnated. Note how 2 Michael doesn't seem to be wearing armor, meaning he stuck it out and got his real body back, and the other Primes are still reforming after getting owned, both in Throne and in the Void. Judging from the fact that there's a bunch of broken Root Knight armor in the Concordance, I'm guessing one of the Laws the angels follow prohibits them from fixing their own armor or some poo poo, and that Thorns and Petals don't really give a poo poo. At least that's my thoughts. Probably off the mark in some way. I wonder if Abaddon will clarify it in the future or explain it outside of the comic.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

RoboCicero posted:

I would like to know more about this 'name' system, specifically how you lose names and become more powerful.

Also a bit fuzzy on exactly how the pacts work and suchlike (will Allison be carrying that mark around for the rest of the story? Do humans just sort of accumulate them?), but I'm content to let to story go on. It's weird world-building bits and bobs like this that really make K6BD a joy to read.

I think a devil has to trick people who make pacts with it into naming it differently in order to drop names, and I imagine that people who summon devils has some way to add names if the pact is not upheld. So it seems like being a devil is a lot of busy work, doing bullshit they'd rather not be doing for their summoners until they find one who is off their game that they can dupe into removing one of their extraneous names. No wonder Vladok is so pissed; he's the strongest type of devil possible (which seems to have taken him ages to accomplish) and yet in the end he can still be made into a menial servant by some weak human who has no idea what the gently caress they're doing.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It would pretty funny if Cio was a fan fiction writer while she was still an Ebon Devil. It's funny to imagine one of the most powerful beings in the K6BD universe, tough enough to take a Key of King from one of the Demiurges, writing some fan fic on the side or even using it as her means to steal the key in the first place.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Also I guess this means Allison now has two fallen Ebon Devils in her party now.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I feel like running the new version of the official RPG in Trad Games.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I have made the thread for a play by post game of the K6BD RPG in The Game Room, for those of you who were interested.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So none of the other demiurges know that Zoss was killed? Hmm, wonder if Incubus was the one who found him and set up a deal with the Thorn Knights to kill him off.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Spooky. I like all the talons and poo poo trying to claw their way out of him. Wonder what his end game is. Maybe wiping the universe of humanity because one human owned him and his brothers?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's funny that the rhombicuboctahedron looking angel is like the second most powerful thing in that scene next to 10.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if shoving angel wings inside of him is their bootleg way of reincarnating him by filling him with a bit of the white flame from every Thorn Knight or angel that pisses off the Thorn Knights.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Begemot posted:

New page!

Apparently they think 6 Juggernaut messed up the prophecy and that's why Allison has the key. Which is kind of borne out by the beginning of the comic where he totally cuts off Zoss' head and kidnaps the boyfriend before Zoss can do anything, which makes me think that 6 Juggernaut is either an idiot or was trying to change things from the start.

Juggernaut admits that he let his hatred for Zoss get the better of him, which lead to him jumping the gun and killing him early.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

The only group of angels who hasn't made a play at controlling White Chain are the petal knights. We don't really know what their deal is, but given that the Thorns just killed one of their own I'm expecting them to show their hand soon.

I don't think they would have an agenda as a whole. The RPG mentions that a petal knight is one who rejects the concordance and goes off to do their own thing, like being a mercenary a la Delicious.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Also, it's funny that the one defending humans as being not all bad is the closest to being human out of all of the speakers, save for having wings for a head and some weird proportions.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

I bounced around between Allison, Zaid, and Incubus too - I was fixating on the earring, which none of them have, but I'm pretty sure any one of them is capable of accessorizing between now and then

Allison has a piercing on her right ear, same as the one in the "Don't wear it out" picture.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-chapter-1-1/
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/who.jpg

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Who says she can't do both?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Maybe she somehow gets better looking the more she eats or takes, hence all this tribute stuff, and she was in between meals when she was at the meeting?

Or she could just be casting an illusion. That's probably not that hard for one who breathes in ROYALTY to do.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if that's how she makes all those beautiful trees in her palace.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
New official RPG update has some neat stuff in the lore section and details the Art in better detail. The Red Art is altering materials into other materials (See: Cio and her origami creations), the White Art is altering oneself (making yourself super strong, giving yourself super senses, etc.), Red-White is altering others (See: everything Mottom does), and Black is creating something from nothing.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
20 bucks says Solomon's word is "I"

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'm going to guess those are the words.

So, I was right in a way. Solomon has probably got the Tower, as it's mentioned in this page's text that “For there is no form or substance that does not have its roots in the TOWER, which is under assault from the EGO, that terrible enemy called I," and Solomon is definitely an egomaniac.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

In what way is Solomon more egomaniacal than the rest of the Seven, aside from he's more smug and zen?

He embodies the sin of Pride which is false love of the self, the "I". Royalty is understanding that I AM AND I ARE ALL WE, that you are Yisun and Yisun is everyone else. Pride is failing to see beyond I AM; you fail to realize others are the same as you. Solomon knows he is great, but he doesn't get that he's just part of a greater whole, so while he's kind and benevolent to those who act as he would, he crushes those who do not.

Really, if I had to guess, each demiurge's sin is doing the exact opposite of what their word should teach them.

Of course, he could also fit in for The Diamond, assuming Diamonds are linked with perfection in K6BD much like they are in our world. Really, this is all speculation.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 24, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
My guesses are, for the remaining six syllables:

Beast: Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog was originally nothing more than a pile of non-sapient worms, as mentioned on the Tumblr. How she became a demiurge is unknown, but the point is that she is most likely envious of humanity as they are born with strong souls whereas she had to undergo some strange process to get one or used to be human but her soul entered worms for some reason so she's envious of humans because she'll never be one again. I like the latter one myself.
Blade: Jagganoth, as the Blade is associated with violence. I imagine he's supposed to be emblematic of the person who has learned the wrong lesson from Meti's Sword Manual, in that the best combatant is one who detests violence and uses force only for good and as a last resort.
Diamond: This is hard, as diamonds have not been mentioned at all in any of the comic or associated lore posts. Could be Mammon, who desires precious things such as diamonds, or Solomon, who believes himself to be perfect, but for now, I'll go with Mammon.
Flame: Incubus. Flame is associated with life (as all is made of flame) and reproduction (YS and UN blended their flames to create the Gods, and Koss and Aesma used the Flame Immortal to make everything else).
Mind: Going with the obvious, Jadis, who is literally nothing but a mind at this point as she's let the rest of herself wither away.
Tower: Solomon, for previously mentioned reasons.

A big flaming stink posted:

Becoming aware of the secret Tower without full understanding of I AM = I AM NOT results in zero-summing, literally being erased from this dream of reality. So I doubt Solomon has understanding of the secret syllable of royalty.

Unless abaddon wants to throw us a curve and make Solomon David literally Vivec, in which case that would be pretty funny and a pretty good justification for his smug attitude.

IIRC, you can become aware of the Tower and not zero-sum by simply swinging back to I AM, rejecting the possibility that you are nothing. It's only when you get caught up in I AM NOT that you go poof. Of course, you'll never get anywhere with that kind of thinking if you just linger at I AM. I imagine Solomon thought about being nothing and went, "Nope! I'm the coolest and best guy ever," and went along thinking he totally understood it when in reality he's just fooling himself.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, it is one of the morals in Het and the Rakshasa that being a good swordsman entails both being completely focused on your attack as well as not being someone who kills for sport. Chances are Jagganoth only got the former part.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm betting the Mottom we saw in the court was an illusion of sorts. It seems unlikely that someone powerful enough to kill with just one Red-White word and no wand would be content to be a body-double, as there's probably only a handful of such skilled sorcerers in all the worlds and also it feels like cheating to do the boss subtitles thing when its an impostor. Chances are Mottom's powerful enough to send a younger looking aspect of herself to do menial bullshit in court for herself while she chows down.

Or Hot Mottom could just be a very loyal and very gifted understudy, who knows.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Party Boat posted:

I mean, I guess the meeting between Allison and Jagganoth could go something like this?

But probably not.

Good god that Squirrel Girl looks like she has Down syndrome.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I imagine this iron feather business was an earlier ploy by the Thorns to end the universe before Michael convinced them the successor prophecy was a safer bet. To me, it seems like Jagganoth is severely depressed and just wants to take the multiverse with him when he goes because he's realized the only thing he's ever been good at is destroying things. As Abaddon previously said, the Seven are monsters, but tragic and pitiable.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm wondering what the hell Zaid did before he got abducted and how disappointed that will make whoever thinks he's the successor. Can it be more embarrassing than being a Starbucks barista?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Fate will warp you beyond recognition, huh?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

flatluigi posted:

Okay I really like this comic but I feel like I'm following maybe a third of what's actually happening, is there by any chance like an annotated read-along thing or should I just go through this entire thread when I decide to reread from the start

What confuses you? Maybe the others and I can help ya out

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Good. Now make it into this:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Reach Heaven by Dabbing

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The fiction accompanying this gives me the impression that time wasn't exactly as linear as it is now in the time of the gods, hence why YISUN still shows up to say poo poo in these stories despite having killed himself to make all the gods in the first drat place.

Or these stories are all bullshit parables made up by a multiversal Aesop.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

It's the Kirkbride showing through the narrative.

One time I got into an IRC chat with Kirkbride and he showed up drunk, called me IRC a human being like 8 times, talked about how Meridia and Kynareth were related (somehow), and then sent me a good book. True story.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Grand Prize Winner posted:

what was the book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictionary_of_the_Khazars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Whorelord posted:

is this the thread where we post what metal we hear when Juggernaut star appears because hoooo boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU