Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Dog Kisser posted:

This is... the beginning of the technique, not the end? It seems very clear from context?

Yeah, agreed. Unlike with Solomon David, we're seeing the technique name here before the result. Jagganoth is calling his attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I don't get the impression those kind of names are meant to be taken in anyway literally.

I'm not sure Allison has even killed 6 thousand demons yet, if we're being frank.

Edit: Ah, gently caress. I really gotta refresh before posting.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I think it's one of the odder things about this comic's community, that people keep trying to paint Zaid as some sort of bad person, when by my reading he's always only ever come across as literally "just some guy."

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

free to go full final destination now that they can vent all excess power into space instead of planet busting

Gunnery Chief from Mass Effect 2 posted:

I dare to assume you ignorant jackasses know that space is empty. Once you fire this husk of metal, it keeps going till it hits something. That can be a ship, or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years. If you pull the trigger on this, you're ruining someone's day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your drat targets! That is why you wait for the computer to give you a drat firing solution! That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not "eyeball it!" This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip!

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I think Jagganoth will win and destroy everything, then Jadis and Allison team up to go back in time and fix things somehow. Multiversal/recombinated Allison tells her past self she’s a lesbian and not to bother going out with Zaid at all. Although I would laugh like hell at a Dodgeball style “I’m bisexual” ending

Oh, cool. So kind of like Endgame, but with more bisexuals?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

oriongates posted:

Hey, don't knock it. A similar technique worked wonders for Frog.

Incredible. What game is this?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

rodney mullenkamp posted:

feels like someone with a super metroid crystal flash av might be sarcastic when they ask what game that gif is from

Not at all, though that's a reasonable assumption. I suspected the answer was in fact Chrono Trigger, but having never played it, I wasn't sure.

I'm a huge fan of Metroidvanias, but I got into the series starting with Prime, and emulated my way backwards from there. I never owned an SNES, and I never managed to get into JRPGs. I love RPGs and small scale tactics - I simply can't get enough XCOM - but any genre that has grinding as a foundational cornerstone of its gameplay is just not my bag.

I never played any of the Pokemon games for the same reason.

W.T. Fits posted:

Chrono Trigger.

Thank you.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Gog-gog-bo-bog-banana-fanana-fo-fog-me-mi-mo-mog-Gog!

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Question: How does being inside of an enclosed sphere interact with Jagganoth's infinite length?

Show your work.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

When Jagganoth said he had fought "this battle" countless times, I didn't interpret that to mean he's done this specific exact match up before where he fights all the demiurges (plus heir and allies) at once.

I interpreted "this battle" to refer to the larger overall struggle of stopping the heir each cycle.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

issuing a correction on a previous post of mine, regarding Metatron 1. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

Edit: dril six billion demons

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I had no idea this was already a thing. Beautiful.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

The thing we're all going to hate is when the comic decides to disregard its own themes and Allison wins right here and now with an extreme display of super violence that actually works.

Zoss shows up just in time to watch Allison suplex Gogmoon through Jagganoth's skull, commenting "Now that is strength beyond strength!!"

Roll credits.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

A single tear rolls down Meti's cheek as she realizes that finally, after all this time, the rock cannot possibly get any sharper.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

ThaumPenguin posted:

Mottom channels all her power into the Cubit Spear and immediately shrivel-shrinks into a raisin

"im not old! im not old!!", mottom continues to insist as she slowly shrinks and transforms into a raisin

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I don't think it'll actually play out this way but personally I'm hoping for a two-for-one killshot combo. Just absolutely no sell Gog to the extreme. "No, we don't" replies everyone in unison as they just spear Gog and Jagganoth at the same time without even skipping a beat. Which of course doesn't pay off on a whole bunch of development and isn't a natural next beat in the story or anything that will generate the kind of fun and interesting drama that Gog loving this all up will generate, but it's what I'm hoping to see.

What I'm expecting to see is the team snatching total defeat from the jaws of ultimate victory, in true Demiurge fashion.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Nilbop posted:

can a single one among you say mottom was wrong

no

I like how in the contest between “person who threatens to let the multiverse be destroyed if you don’t give in to her demands” and “person who does not give in to those demands,” most of the thread seems to be taking the side of the person making the demands.

Kind of hosed up, in my opinion.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

It feels like even in universe its been several minutes at least, how long do they need to charge up this attack!?

All they need to finish charging the spear is simply one more panel than they'll actually be given.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

Attach it to the end of her severed arm instead and wield the combination in her other hand as a very noisy flail

man now I say that I'm sure I've seen some other thing where someone uses their own severed arm as a club but I can't for the life of me remember where

Caves of Qud?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Grouchio posted:

Maya totally blocked any of the 80,000 strikes sent her way.

She's not a man, horse, or immortal. So she's fine and utterly unharmed.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Frankly, I'm super excited for K6BD's upcoming long overdue "trade disputes" arc.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Brought To You By posted:

She is neither a man nor a horse.

It sure was a visually impressive attack, but I think it's ultimately going to prove to have been a really poor choice of Jagg's resources, given that, you know, the protagonists of this strip constitute a cosmic sorority.

F in the chat for my man Zaid, though.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Wait, I thought Jadis was a tank, too? Does this team even have a healer?

No wonder they got absolutely stomped, with such a poo poo comp.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

TwoPair posted:

Gog's gonna be the one who will end up taking Gog down, even if Jagganoth's the one swinging the sword.

Perhaps the same could be said of all Demiurges...

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Ditch posted:

SUPREME DIVINE ART
Jelly-Sated Sandwich Soul

80,000 PBJs Are Eaten At Once
Leaving No Space That Is Not Jif
Sandwiches Shall Be Split In Two (diagonally)

lol

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Thundarr posted:

So, an immortal who wants to die but can only do so by re-writing history over and over again until he finds the one timeline where his death is actually possible. Except every time he fails and mashes the History Reset Button he forgets exactly what he did last time, and possibly even that he was the one doing it.

An especially cursed reverse-Mario.

Jagganoth just needs to have One Perfect Day where he manages to kill all of the Demiurges in a single go. That will finally allow him to break the loop. Or Wheel, whatever.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Ah, well, so much for the whole invincible God-King thing, eh, Dave?

It must feel super awkward to get publicly thrashed into a bloody pulp after centuries of being undefeated in the Ring of Power.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think he has bigger problems than his injured pride. He is reliving an ancient trauma.

I was thinking more about how the public's perception of him has been irrevocably destroyed, but yeah agreed.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Feels like a solid secondary concern to the walking omnicide still in peak form

Fair.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

If Jagganoth completes his Genocide Run, it will mess up Throne's save file forever :ohdear:

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Operant posted:

In print this will likely be two books, Breaker of Infinities and Wheel Smashing King

Book Five Book Two CONFIRMED

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Incredible, absolutely amazing. But now I find myself wanting to see The People's Jaggahog.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

All the demiurges and fools will look up and shout "SAVE US!"... and I'll look down and whisper "Admit it. Admit that you need me."

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

It sure is cool watching Roy punch Serini through multiple dimensions, but it will be nice when all this rad as hell fighting ends, and everyone goes back to talking about the ever present threat of all of creation being unmade.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I think the only justifiable reason to like Jadis at the moment is that her lack of any concrete details or actions so far leave room for the possibility of positive qualities, at least in theory.

Given the track record of demiurges that have been explored thus far, I'm going to go ahead and get ahead of this curve and jump straight to: Holy poo poo. gently caress Jadis, what an incredible monster.

Please refer back to my statement after the appropriate page(s) has been published. Thank you.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Niavmai posted:

a gear, in a much larger machine.

The multimultiverse.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Grouchio posted:

What even IS 'Strength beyond Strength' other than that Pantera song

Friendship, of course.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Hey, Operant, take whatever time you need. Comics can wait.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

SUPREME DIVINE ART
BLOOD-SATED
SCALPEL SOUL

80,000 Incisions are struck at once
Leaving no space that is an appendix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Advanced Mental Organism Created only for Killing