Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Hey, at least she held on to her hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Slashrat posted:

Not thinking far enough. She'll have a long and pieceful life, but one day after her death, her kids will suddenly fall apart.

I really hope you did that on purpose.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Draadnagel posted:

So perhaps that means that a red key (is it a key?) means that she is a former Demiurge. But how does that happen and how is she still alive? Or is she still a Demiurge? Her key doesn't light up like Allison's when she's Cutting resolutely, but that could be for a multiple reasons, one being that she no longer wields a key of kings.
Or does she still possess a key and the Demiurges just leave her alone because she isn't worth the trouble? Not likely imo even though Maya will gently caress you up.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but we haven't seen any former Demiurges still alive. It could be that there are more, now that's something I wanna know about. How cool would it be if there are still former Demiurges alive who strive to take back the power that was once theirs. Because that sounds like a bad time for Mottom right now.
I just hope we get to see more of Maya kicking rear end, but I trust Abbadon to do the right thing, which is more Maya :dance:

Abbadon has made it pretty clear that the only demiurges who survived the war were the 7, so she can't be a demiurge and that can't be a key. I'm pretty sure what she has in her forehead is a ley stone, like the magisters from the devil bar all had (theirs were red too), which helps to focus and enhance her use of the art. If you look at the page where she's charging Juggernaut Star it does look like its glowing, it just doesn't exude power like the keys do when they're working.

I always thought the lady with the fan was indeed young Maya and the lady pictured on her fan was Meti herself.

E: Looking a bit closer at this picture I noticed two small details: the woman holding the fan has almost exactly the same hairstyle as Maya (including what looks like the same (or a similar) piece holding it up) and, tying in to the key question, the woman on the fan (be it Meti or Maya herself) appears to have a red ley stone in her forehead as well.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 10, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
drat, that looks like a very painful way to learn that you really shouldn't mouth off to a terrifyingly powerful master of the universe if you're not gonna finish the drat job right there and then.

The slap probably didn't help much either.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Demiurge4 posted:

I hope we get more White Chain and Cio interaction with Alisson in the future. I don't even care if it's just lore dumps.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we're going to get.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Bell_ posted:

Kind of hoping everyone makes it out of this one. Mottom was a lot of fun and I'd miss Nadia if she bites it here. Unless the airship bulldozes her.

Sorry man, she might make it out of the fight but she's still dying. She's already looking quite a bit older.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I wonder if the pursuers are gonna stop and fight over Mottom's key before continuing to chase Allison again. I don't think they realize that Allison's is the master key, so Mottom's would be just as valuable in their eyes (if not more so, since they know its provenance). They all talk a good game but I'm curious to see if one of them actually has the balls to claim that poo poo and try to take their place among the seven.

E: I like the way you think, Mike.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Sheogorath posted:

I don't think Mottom is dead/dying or even terribly disspointed in this outcome.

She was pretty clear about the fruit being the only thing keeping her alive (hence her statement to Allison about finding something else to extend her life). So as far as she knows, she'll be dead soon. I'm not saying she couldn't find something, but her window is really small at this point judging by how fast she's aged in the last few pages and I'm doubtful that she'll pull something out of her rear end at the last minute.

E: welp, guess I'm wrong on that point.

Although, in my defense, he did respond to a question on the K6BD tumblr by saying that it was pretty clear what was meant by "the fruit is the only thing keeping me alive".

E2: this one

quote:

Anonymous asked:
Considering the confusion on /co/, would Mottom die from old age if she didn't eat the fruit? Or does she eat the fruit to appear youthful before her court in a show of power? I thought it was just the former, with the byproduct of the latter.

A: Not to disparage anybody because I know my comic can be obtuse sometimes but I’m not sure how much more explicit I can get than ‘it’s the only thing keeping me alive

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 5, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
E: Whoops, nothing to see here.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

MikeJF posted:

No, I'm pretty sure she stole an actual key.

Basically, it works like this, as far as I can tell.

- Mammon's key is actually 111,111 keys clumped together.
- Emissaries get an 'echo' of a one or a few of those keys, which lets them gate and zap out to the world that key represents. It's only an echo, and the actual original remains with the Demiurge. This is stated on the previous page.
- Cio stole one key, leaving Mammon with 111,110, but she got the actual key and the magical power it brings with it, unlike an emissary. I think.

It's possible she only stole an emissary pseudo-key, but she has a full crown and everything, I think she stole an actual one.

I think that's a pretty good summary of the whole affair going by the info we currently have. She couldn't have been an emissary since emissaries are granted their power willingly by one of the seven. And since they draw their power directly from the demiurge, they're probably still under their control and can have that power revoked at any time for any reason. Since Cio stole an actual key, Mammon had to go through the trouble of retrieving it from her in order to get that power back. It also means she probably had substantially more power than an emissary has, and could do whatever the hell she wanted with it (especially since she's been shown to be fairly skilled in her use of the art).

E:

Poltergrift posted:

This would clarify the situation with ley-stones -- a ley-stone is not a key, but acts as a proxy for keys, so it marks the bearer as an emissary; when not receiving power, it remains dim, and it never generates a phantom crown, because it's just a receiver for Royalty, not a mark of it.

I don't think ley stones have anything to do with the keys but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure I saw a question about them on the 'submit' blog where Abbadon said they're just an accessory that acts as an amplifier for the bearer's own powers/natural talents but I can't find it at the moment.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 27, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

A big flaming stink posted:

It's really lovely of her to coerce a recovering addict back into the habit, and that's what Cio certainly makes it sound like.

I was thinking the same thing until I remembered that she was the one who stole the ship they're riding on, so it's a little late to worry about falling off the thievery wagon.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Benson Cunningham posted:

I mean, if she owns all of creation later, technically that means that's her house.

Later nothing, technically she owns all of creation now. All she needs to do is claim that poo poo and murder some demiurges.

Jackard posted:

I hope we see her roommates sometime later in the comic

I want to see that one roommate's reaction when she learns that Allison did indeed go to Narnia, but it turned out that Aslan was dead and someone murdered the children.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I was always under the impression that the demiurges made contracts among themselves. The concordance of angels just did their best to keep the peace with diminishing resources regardless of who was in charge (their compact was with the original inheritors, so I don't think it matters to them who that is) and the Devils just do whatever. Zoss split by the time the seven finished out their war, so he (and by extension Allison) owes them all of jack and poo poo. Same with the concordance. Especially the concordance, since they were vengefully plotting his downfall (as well as Allison's).

I don't think legal issues are much of a concern when you have the master key, you just cut creation as you see fit.

E: ha, never mind, I thought you were saying she might have to honor contracts with the above named parties. Anyway, I doubt the concordance would recognize her ownership of anything since the #1 angel thinks she is the wrong person.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 2, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Schwarzwald posted:

If she walked up to Michael with the key in her forehead and proclaimed herself King of Everything in front of him, he (and the concordance) might not have a choice except to recognize her as the rightful heir to the kingdom.

Now, Michael would almost certainly kill her anyways and go on to set up her boyfriend as the King, but the very act of killing someone they might be sworn to uphold would likely have severe repercussions for them. White Chain's armor cracked when she told a lie, what would happen if an angel committed treason?

Granted, this is all speculation on my part. We don't know what kind of contract the demiurges made with the concordance. However, it's plausible that Allison might have some leverage.

Yeah fair enough, I see where you're coming from. I was just never under the impression that the concordance were sworn to uphold anybody, especially since they had no say in who the rulers are; they pretty much just went about keeping the peace since that's the extent of their agreement with the original inheritors. So there probably wouldn't be any repercussions for killing her and installing Zaid, much like there weren't any real repercussions for 6 Juggs killing Zoss. Well, I mean no repercussions other 2 Michael saying "goddamnit man, you hosed up the whole plan!" and the whole clusterfuck of succession that's going on now.

E:

Bilirubin posted:

"And yes it's a loving Bindi!"

"Yes it's a loving bindi, let me show you what it can do!"
*grabs bitchy roommate and shows her the shape of creation; roommate promptly loses her poo poo and spends the rest of her life babbling incoherently*

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 2, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Dmitri-9 posted:

Does Maya's shiny red bindi mean she is an Emissary of Jagganath?

Call it a hunch but I highly doubt any of the demiurges are interested in employing someone named "murder the gods and topple their thrones".

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Maybe she just ran out of booze money. She has mentioned that, much like her master, she is frequently drunk.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Dmitri-9 posted:

The gods were already dead and Throne was toppled before humans even got there.

I think that's a little too specific of an interpretation; I always took the "murder the gods" part of her name to mean any god (or god like being) that she feels is deserving of her special attention, not just the original 777,777. And since any demiurge with a key counts as a god, there have been plenty available over the years for her to live up to her name. As for "topple their thrones", that refers not to Throne the city but the the thrones these new gods sit on. In which case toppling said thrones would consist of dismantling whatever is left of the regime once the god is good and murdered.

Dmitri-9 posted:

She conquered all of those worlds for someone, maybe Zoss, maybe Jagganoth or maybe herself because she was powerful enough to stop an igneous angel.

Yeah, that's a fair point; another possibility could be that she was hired by Mammon to eliminate other demiurges so he could claim their keys for himself and build up his 1/7th-of-creation master key. We just don't know enough about her at this point to really be able to understand what her motivations are or where her allegiances lay (or laid in the past).

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 4, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Ashcans posted:

and then the giant loving baby blows through the wall again

Hopefully still clutching that poor crane dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
It's just a way of respectfully addressing older women whether they're related or not. I really doubt she's actually related to these two random bystanders but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.