Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

maev posted:

What is the new expansion bringing beside single-player story content? Any new Ops content, flashpoints, actual 'mmo' things?

Genuine prediction: None. MAYBE a new Arena for PvP, about 10 months into the expansion, but that's your lot.

E: I levelled up from 31 to 42 in like an hour, god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Genuine prediction: None. MAYBE a new Arena for PvP, about 10 months into the expansion, but that's your lot.

Galactic Command, which is something similar to world quests in other MMOs, and Uprisings, which are new mini-dungeons with - at least in theory - much more variety than Star Fortresses.

Courtesy of datamining, but this doesn't seem to constitute a spoiler.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So how does a new player start off in this, I have never played and caught that trailer on youtube yesterday. I just started an Agent/Sniper and i'm already level 12, I see all the talk of instant 60s etc etc should I just play through the main story?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Photex posted:

So how does a new player start off in this, I have never played and caught that trailer on youtube yesterday. I just started an Agent/Sniper and i'm already level 12, I see all the talk of instant 60s etc etc should I just play through the main story?

Just keep playing from where you are. Dont make your first character be level 60, you can do that later.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Photex posted:

YES. The 1-50 main class story is still the highlight of the game. Enjoy it, even if you become overleveled. Endgame is a myth.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
I'm finally going to start leveling the characters I have on JC. Might even level all of them there and build a legacy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

sassassin posted:

It's a shame playing the game is nothing like the trailers.

I sometimes imagine, what if BioWare had just taken the class/planet/flashpoint stories and built them as a single-player/co-op game in, like, the Mass Effect 2 engine

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Yawn. Weird, man, I just woke up from a nap about that long.

I'm so glad we're the same person, I would much rather just send myself a Senya lightsaber pike when it comes out than play the RNG.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I sometimes imagine, what if BioWare had just taken the class/planet/flashpoint stories and built them as a single-player/co-op game in, like, the Mass Effect 2 engine

I think the issue might be more with EA than Bioware itself.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I'm so glad we're the same person, I would much rather just send myself a Senya lightsaber pike when it comes out than play the RNG.

I saw NE showing off dual single-bladed vented sabers yesterday at Fleet spawn, went to check the GTN and there were none available so maybe you could send yourself a few of those, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chickenwalker posted:

Why did they go from making Vaylin's adult model look like an attractive younger woman with a boob window to looking like Kreia almost in that trailer. She looks more haggard than Senya.

Going deep into the Dark Side making you look old is canon.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

For real though how is that thing going to animate? I can't imagine it's going to look good using the standard animation sets for single or double sabers. Is it a new set of animations entirely? I've never really paid attention to how the Zakuul Knights wield theirs, did any NPC knights even actually have the pikes?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

E: I levelled up from 31 to 42 in like an hour, god drat

I created a new IA to try it out. After Hutta and the intro-to-PVP/strongholds quests, I was level 34.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Chickenwalker posted:

For real though how is that thing going to animate? I can't imagine it's going to look good using the standard animation sets for single or double sabers. Is it a new set of animations entirely? I've never really paid attention to how the Zakuul Knights wield theirs, did any NPC knights even actually have the pikes?

I can't find an in-game shot at the moment of one but there definitely are some with the pike.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Cool trailer, double xp and new shinies from nonentity? I think it's time to resub.

Are they releasing KotET all at once or is it a batch of chapters, then one at a time like KotFE?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CeeCee posted:

Cool trailer, double xp and new shinies from nonentity? I think it's time to resub.

Are they releasing KotET all at once or is it a batch of chapters, then one at a time like KotFE?

Someone earlier in the thread said all at once, which is much welcomed.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Just resubbed. Is there still a goon presence Imp side on Jedi Covenant? What about Rep side? I want to complete the Knight storyline then maybe Inquisitor.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rosalind posted:

Just resubbed. Is there still a goon presence Imp side on Jedi Covenant? What about Rep side? I want to complete the Knight storyline then maybe Inquisitor.

There's still a few on both sides here and there. No events or raiding. Most of us are in pre-expansion break mode. OP instructions to get an invite are still valid.

Now is a great time to play if you're leveling since double XP makes it insanely fast.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Resubbed to this terrible game that I love for some reason. Finally gonna max out my sniper and regret going for Kaliyo romance.

e; Anybody have the link to the upcoming class changes on hand?

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 9, 2016

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
So can you level as a subscriber doing class missions only as default? Or is it only during special times still?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Utnayan posted:

So can you level as a subscriber doing class missions only as default? Or is it only during special times still?

Normal is class and planetary (or you can skip planetary and supplement with heroics, PvP, Flashpoints, whatever). With the DvL armor, guild XP boost and an XP booster I'm pretty sure on normal you can get by with just story and you'll be overleveled by the 3rd planet, especially if you do the solo mode Black Talon/Esseles after starter planet and Intro to PvP.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
So I knew before downloading and logging back in that instances had a mode for 4 DPS instead of a normal party, but are they meant to be failure fests or am I just the weak link? Granted it's been so long I'm relearning how to play the game, but it seems ever group flashpoint I get in with all DPS inevitable collapses after a couple wipes because whoever shoots first tends to get zerged down by a large trash pack leading to escalating problems.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

nessin posted:

So I knew before downloading and logging back in that instances had a mode for 4 DPS instead of a normal party, but are they meant to be failure fests or am I just the weak link? Granted it's been so long I'm relearning how to play the game, but it seems ever group flashpoint I get in with all DPS inevitable collapses after a couple wipes because whoever shoots first tends to get zerged down by a large trash pack leading to escalating problems.
Assuming you're queueing for tactical flashpoints, rather than forming a group with three pubbies and then doing a hard mode without a tank and healer, they shouldn't give you that much trouble for the most part. The boss fights can be tricky at times, but there's always clickable objects scattered around the edge of a boss arena that provide instant group-wide healing. If you're getting wiped by regular mobs, I'm guessing that the group's overall damage output is just below par and/or there's too little coordination, with everyone shooting at different targets or being too slow to engage. Focus on the weakest targets first at any rate, that's the best way of quickly reducing incoming damage.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sombrerotron posted:

Assuming you're queueing for tactical flashpoints, rather than forming a group with three pubbies and then doing a hard mode without a tank and healer, they shouldn't give you that much trouble for the most part. The boss fights can be tricky at times, but there's always clickable objects scattered around the edge of a boss arena that provide instant group-wide healing. If you're getting wiped by regular mobs, I'm guessing that the group's overall damage output is just below par and/or there's too little coordination, with everyone shooting at different targets or being too slow to engage. Focus on the weakest targets first at any rate, that's the best way of quickly reducing incoming damage.

Focus on the weakest targets, don't jump into fights before everyone's healed and ready, and don't just mash your DPS buttons. If there are no healers, pretend you're PVPing, where you need to be a little defensive and use some self-heals if you've got them.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

prefect posted:

Focus on the weakest targets, don't jump into fights before everyone's healed and ready, and don't just mash your DPS buttons. If there are no healers, pretend you're PVPing, where you need to be a little defensive and use some self-heals if you've got them.
Yeah and if there's some idiot who keeps drawing in multiple mobs at the same time it's time for either a votekick or a quick exit so you can find a less incompetent group.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

All of them are doable with 4 DPS, they range from faceroll to actually requiring a bit of effort. Some large pulls you actually have to use CCs and defensive cooldowns.

Unfortunately you lack a lot of the utilities to help you out at lower levels so if you're queueing at 20 and get some of the harder ones like Blood Hunt, you're gonna have a bad day.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So I actually logged in tonight, for a change.

Granted, I only did that to set Medullah as our guild leader, so let's all wish him a happy future through whatever Bioware brings us.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I miss group content in this game. For some reason this dumb game pulls me back more than any other MMO, but it just feels so sad to play it sometimes. PvP is still fun but it's not the same without operations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

So I actually logged in tonight, for a change.

Granted, I only did that to set Medullah as our guild leader, so let's all wish him a happy future through whatever Bioware brings us.

Is there some kind of initiation ceremony?

Like that scene in "Freaks"?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Is there some kind of initiation ceremony?

Like that scene in "Freaks"?

Whatever you guys plan to do. After almost five years of subscription, I'm calling it quits. Nothing in the past while has even slightly interested me, and what I'm reading about KOTET leaves me completely cold.

e:

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 10, 2016

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
What is this dark vs light armour people keep mentioning?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You get parts of it by leveling up/getting the DvL achievements on a DvL character. It's account-bound and gives a +XP bonus.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Asimo posted:

You get parts of it by leveling up/getting the DvL achievements on a DvL character. It's account-bound and gives a +XP bonus.

You only get one set of it though, and it needs mods/enhancements. So have fun hotswapping mods/enhancements whenever you want to send it to an alt! (It is good though do try to get it)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

You only get one set of it though, and it needs mods/enhancements. So have fun hotswapping mods/enhancements whenever you want to send it to an alt! (It is good though do try to get it)

It doesn't actually need mods and enhancements -- you can wear it without, and it's still pretty great.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Whatever you guys plan to do. After almost five years of subscription, I'm calling it quits. Nothing in the past while has even slightly interested me, and what I'm reading about KOTET leaves me completely cold.

e:

Hooray, time for some MAJOR CHANGES to this guild. I promise to Make Space-America Space-Great Again!

....Or absolutely nothing will change whatsoever.

I'm torn about the state of the game. On one hand, I really want new raids and group content, new PvP maps, etc. On the other hand, I'm kind of enjoying the lack of a grind (DvL OCD excluded, of course) the game has had since KOTFE. It's been nice to just log in and PvP or drunkenly pug a raid here and there without being on a raid time schedule.

I expect I'll burn through KOTET day 1 and then continue the same trend.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Medullah posted:

I expect I'll burn through KOTET day 1 and then continue the same trend.

Everything old is new again eh boss?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't share my credits across characters on other factions right? I wanna give my 1 million credits from my trooper to my main which is a sith inq. Gotta buy up as many mounts and pets on the auction house as possible. :/

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I said come in! posted:

I can't share my credits across characters on other factions right? I wanna give my 1 million credits from my trooper to my main which is a sith inq. Gotta buy up as many mounts and pets on the auction house as possible. :/

Yes you can. You can mail anybody in your legacy anything that's not bound to a character individually.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

prefect posted:

Yes you can. You can mail anybody in your legacy anything that's not bound to a character individually.

:eyepop: Thank you! I didn't think to even try but in retrospect I feel silly not just doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

:eyepop: Thank you! I didn't think to even try but in retrospect I feel silly not just doing it.

Yeah if it was restricted at launch it changed pretty quick. There were some nice enhancements a few years ago which allow for autocomplete when you type in a name for mail for names in your legacy or on your friend's list, and if you type a different name it warns you. Early on it didn't count cross faction as your characters so you had to be careful.

Early on I had to copy and paste my character's names to be safe, and since a few of them had special characters.

• Locked thread