Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm guessing the release of KotFE doesn't give subs (or preferred, which is even more unlikely) a free server transfer or something, does it?

I don't really ahve a problem with leveling a new character since it's hilariously fast now but I have a lot of money and poo poo on older characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When I used a referral code from here to resubscribe, I got a free transfer. The transfers, which you can buy with cartel coins, were heavily discounted for a while too, I don't know if that's still active.

Referral code to resub? How's that work? Aren't those only for new accounts?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
There isn't like a new raid or anything yet, is there?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Another awesome thing about this expansion is that an endgame character gets flooded with legacy-bound versions of all the coolest old raid gear. I got a black/black dye out of a cantina crate on a lovely alt, put it in the best smuggler jacket ever, and mailed it to a more deserving character:

...can i finally wear that on an imperial character?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Nerd Of Prey posted:

You sure can! I actually just tested this. With the outfit designer system, you could send it around to as many characters as you want and have them all wear it.

Obviously, that particular chestpiece comes from turning in the "smuggled goods" supply crates, which seem to be the most common type you get.

I've wanted that loving jacket ever since I got it on my gunslinger years ago. How do I get it? Just turn those in and hope I get lucky?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
If you play a Merc in a warzone you're going to get focused like hell, even moreso if you're doing the small 4v4 arenas. Snipers aren't focused quite as heavily, so that's soemthing to keep in mind.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

Is it still possible after the patch to do that thing where you can use your free insta 60 character create, strip them of the legacy gear and mail it off and then delete them and do it again without actually losing the token?

You can delete a 60 as long as it's not 61 and get your token back.

If you're gonna do that, might as well fly to Odessen and grab the Legacy goods from both droids before you delete.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Bruceski posted:

How far into FE will it let me fly to Odessen? Also, can I use 60s to unlock legacy races?

You can fly to Odessen immediately, but it costs 3k credits and if you 60 boost you have 0 credits, so it's a bit tricky and weird.

You cannot, no.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I am ready to kill things with fire and stuff. I knew this free 60 wouldn't be a waste.

also i will start bothering you guys for invites now

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Does anyone have a bt4 female and Thexan's robes? I'm tempted to buy them but a lot of outfits are ruined by weird thigh/butt clipping, and if possible I'd like to avoid that and I don't want to buy one if it's going to clip and be lovely.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Empress Theonora posted:

I was using them for a while and they seemed okay? The hands clip a bit through the skirt for a bit during the idle animation, but I've never actually noticed that outside of the dressing room window.

I don't mind that part, but there are a lot of sets where when you run, stuff starts clipping weird. If you never noticed it then it doesn't do it, because it's very noticable.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
According to the PTR there's a hidden achievement for getting Marr's influence to 50 and it also grants a legacy title. No one knows if it's actually in the game or not. I'm awfully tempted to try it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
That's just what they want you to think.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So, some Marr news.

He does not have audio if you click on him or if you give him gifts (ungrateful bastard) but he does have combat audio and audio for sending him to sell your trash, which is funny.

He loves Technology gifts (go figure), so Self-Learning Fabricator Matrix is the way to go. Got him to 20 already just from common crystals.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh i forgot about the haiku thing

i'm still vaguely drunk from last night so i will write several haikus and send them in. i'm sure they will be very good

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I honestly think LS Sith is canon.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
why does the guild say we're 5/46 HM now

are we finally doing HM ops

who can i talk to about this, i like hm

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It's weird what a good fight Soa is, there really isn't a fight that compares to it for like two expansions.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It's honestly really impressive, there wasn't a ton of buildup to what/who Soa is, but it has the same atmosphere as DF/DP and ToS final bosses.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnzbjCs9gnE

dear god

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is 6x enough to get through the story without having to do any side quests/planetary quests?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
You get 6x xp in flashpoints?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
why the gently caress are all the old flashpoints tacticals now

that doesn't work at all, you can't run four DPS through hammer station

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Medullah posted:

Honestly I think lethality is easier than concealment. Yeah you have to maintain dots but it's a pretty basic rotation that has no positional requirements. Lethal strike, Corrosive dart, corrosive grenade, toxic blast (if not at 2 tactical advantage), corrosive Assault, corrosive Assault, shiv, corrosive Assault, corrosive Assault, repeat. Basically use shiv and toxic blast on cool down any time you don't have 2 TAs.

Concealments rotation seems to be trickier to me.

Concealment is crazy easy, though. VS - filler - filler - repeat. Then it's just a priority system. stealthed backstab (with zero TA and using cloaking screen) > VS > BS > lacerate w/ TA bonus > CD > lacerate > rifle shot

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kurieg posted:

If you got Vengeance Juggernaut you shout at people so hard they start bleeding.

the best part about Vengeance is that it's the only Juggernaut spec that makes you giggle when something procs, and it sounds really good and appropriate.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't suppose anyone knows of a good up to date resource on Vengeance for Juggernaut? I'm still fairly new to this Sith Warrior thing and don't really know what the hell I'm doing as yet. Anything to help me parse my slew of abilities would be great.

I'd link you to the Dulfy guide but it is apparently gone.

Opener:

After that, priority system:

1. Use Shatter, Impale, and Force Scream on cooldown. Period. That might mean you're using it with one stack, but whatever that's fine. Those three are your main dots, so those are the most important parts of the spec, really.

2. Ravage. Theoretically when you're using it in your main rotation, all three of your dots are on the target, so basically you can use it on cooldown. If you don't know the trick with clipping the last Ravage tick, now is a great time to practice it. Basically, the last hit of Ravage happens before the channel finishes, so you can clip like a quarter of a second off the animation, which adds up eventually. You'll also be resetting Ravage with Shatter, so even though it has a 15s cooldown it's basically like 8s.

3. If you have the 6p bonus, Saber Throw will make Impale auto crit every minute, so use it every minute, otherwise it's just a filler.

4. Vicious Throw (with proc) - super useful and good, you have 20 seconds or so to use it before the proc goes away so you have time, so don't worry about needing to use it asap.

5. Sundering Assault. Likely it'll be used on cooldown, but if you have too much rage wait a bit so ideally don't waste a ton of Rage.

6. Vengeful Slam. It does a fuckload of damage and has a short CD but if you're going single target it's not a huge priority and likely you won't fit it in on CD just because CDs typically don't line up incredibly well. If you're fighting big packs, the priority is right under Ravage, because it does a lot of AoE damage and spreads dots (as long as it also hits the target with your dots)

7. Enrage. Good for 6 rage, relatively short CD so don't be shy about using it a lot.

After that it's just whatever dumb poo poo you have available like Force Choke or whatever's left. Vicious Throw WITHOUT the proc is also like your last priority, because it's relatively expensive and if you're not careful you'll starve yourself.

That's basically how Vengeance works.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If someone was going to buy things from the cartel store, what should they buy? Is there some item/set of items that is considered a good deal to get?

If you don't have Rocket Boost, buy it. (It's in Global Unlocks in your Legacy tab)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
are they ever going to introduce a new raid, or what

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
tbh it's worth the monthly cost just for huttball and pvp

i don't know why i like swtor pvp so much but god it's so fun

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Hi, if there's still room in teh guild could I get an invite on Skiddlybop? Might have to wait until tomorrow until I can actually log on, but I'm just posting this here now for convenience, I guess.

Also how do you guys feel about healing operatives? I'm a bit iffy since I've never healed in tor since I don't really like not having mouseovers but they seem really fun so I'm tempted.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i keep bugging random people i find with /who to get a guild invite but none of them seem to reply, so i might be bothering the wrong people.

can i get an invite for Thumbtacks? thanks friends. i'll be online all day so hopefully someone will see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I miss group content in this game. For some reason this dumb game pulls me back more than any other MMO, but it just feels so sad to play it sometimes. PvP is still fun but it's not the same without operations.

• Locked thread