Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

e: whoops wrong thread.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Read some people say they are on Harbinger earlier. I'm there too because it's west coast and east coast servers add another 100ms to my already 200ish from Australia. Anyone there got a decent guild or something?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Can you romance same sex companions from kotfe?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Medullah posted:

Old companions, no. Some of the new companions, yes.

Can you spoiler tag them for me please?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

comatose posted:

I should be able to get 5-6mb/s but this thing is just stuck on 512kb/s. Sometimes it jumps to 1024kb/s for like 3 seconds then back down.

It's the launcher and/or swtor's connection to the world. If you google around lots of people have the issue. Removing bitraider seems to work for some people but not everybody.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Can heroics send you back where you came from?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

My dream is that one day they realize how awful the rocks/holocron armor effects look on the stealth tank classes.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I think you have to wait for the rakghoul event to recruit him.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Made a boosted 60 and played through it today, was surprised how short it was but what's there is fun. Not sure I'll play through it again as it was mostly: run down a corridor then talk or fight. All the interactions are classic Bioware so that's mostly good and it was nice that your choices can change things later. The new uber companions make it pretty easy, it really is all about the story.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I really enjoyed kotfe, but I finally realized why was bugging me about it and that is the fact that it's just not star wars anymore. It feels like some kind of bizzarro EU story. I mean it's still good and I enjoyed it, and I understand why they went in this direction but the story and setting is now just future space knights grand adventure.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

^^^ Only seen the movies, I'm afraid.

Defiance Industries posted:

You know, you can play it as a non-Jedi if that's the problem.

I actually thought as I was playing through on my Inquis that it would be a great generic sci-fi story if it didn't have jedi/sith. I think the kotfe story would play a lot better as a non force user, but that's not why I play star wars.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I guess star wars to me is the eternal struggle between sith and jedi, empire and republic, good vs evil. I'm old, so maybe I just fear change. It's still good and I still enjoyed it though, so I'm not really complaining.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Couple pages back:

Promethium posted:

For most of the non-solo flashpoints all you need to do to get it off your quest markers is have a chat with Satele/Malgus on the Fleet after picking it up initially, they'll give you instructions and auto-assign you the [TACTICAL] flashpoint, then you can abandon the [TACTICAL] quest from your log and you'll never see the breadcrumb triangle again.

Jan posted:

Yeah, that's one of the big changes that came with 4.0. Just do as above, abandon the [TACTICAL] flashpoint then use the NPC in front of the appropriate flashpoint to ask for the Solo flashpoint.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Longbaugh01 posted:

Are you F2P? If not, imagine that same bloat but you only have 2 quickbars. gently caress.

So, I hit level 20 during the first Flashpoint (solo) and I haven't even taken the shuttle to Coruscant yet. Is this unusual? I mean, apparently, Capital Planet is 10-16 and I'm already 4 levels ahead of that.

Doesn't matter anymore. If you're too high or low for a planet you get scaled.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

My Dark 5 Inquis wanted to accept power at every turn from him because hey I'm an insane force ghost eating space wizard, but I just couldn't trust the dude and had to break my darkside streak. It will be great to see the consequences further down the line.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Outside of raiding where am I going to get the best gear in kotfe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Longbaugh01 posted:

I've had nothing but problems with TOR today, but I've narrowed down my crash to desktop.

It happens when I mouseover icons on the world map. I tried some tips I found through searching like deleting the bitraider folder, and the diskcachearena file, but it's still happening.

So, if anyone has encountered this and knows a fix, let me know.

You could try a file repair from the launcher. Sounds like something is corrupt.

• Locked thread