Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

prefect posted:

I don't think this has been posted yet: http://dulfy.net/2015/11/17/swtor-force-alliance-pack-preview/ -- preview of the cartel stuff released today. A couple of nice Force-user sets in there.

what the heck is "creation armor"?

Character creation armor. The armor a character wears during the character creation process. People especially complain about the JK armor being difficult to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

OPERATION TONIGHT (hopefully) AT 7 EST

HM operation for this week is Scum and Villainy.
SM operation in group finder for today is Scum and Villainy.

One way or the other, S&V is on the menu for tonight.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/23/swtor-scum-and-villainy-operation-guide/

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

LibbyM posted:

Found a datacron I'd never clicked on this character, and it said "you can no longer access this datacron". I assume this isn't a bug, it's just a datacron that gave a legacy wide buff of some sort, probably presence?

It was pretty out in the open so I wouldn't be surprised if I'd found it on my old character back in the day.

VV Nah, I'm still finding ones that give minor stat buffs and a matrix shards.

They changed datacrons to be legacy wide now, so you can only collect each one once now.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I can understand disappointment with the announcement after the hype train that led up to it, and I don't think the rewards are enough for anyone to keep their sub if they are on the fence about it. I'm not sure how much more could realistically be expected of a third-tier F2P MMO from EA, but maybe the free expansion for subs over the summer gave people too much to hope for.

The lesson is, as always, to keep your expectations as low as possible so you can't be disappointed.

RIP.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I'm not going to be able to make the HM Ops run tonight (on Wildside).

If anyone is looking to try HM Ops, tonight would be a good night to be online at 7.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Gotta wonder how many of those 500+ accounts are legit player accounts and how many are dedicated exploit/fence accounts. Restrictions on preferred/F2P accounts would seem to make it difficult to use them as throwaways for something like this, but I'm sure there are people dedicated enough to have multiple subscriptions anyways.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

HundredBears posted:

By popular demand, I'm moving the start time for HM ops back an hour to 8:00, so this week's runs will be at Thursday and Sunday at 8:00 EST. The highlighted operation is Ravagers, so we may just take a few cracks at Sparky (the first boss) and then return to TfB so we can get a full clear of that.

On the subject of times, are there people who would prefer other days? I know that Sunday isn't an option for at least one of us, so I'm considering a move to Tuesday/Thursday. We're usually just a few people short of what we need, so if we could pick up even 1-2 more on the average night by switching days, it would be a huge improvement in how often and how quickly we could get something going.

Tuesday-Thursday nights are not good nights for me due to work. I've been around on those nights recently due to taking days off, but that won't be continuing in 2016.

Those days might be better overall for the group, though. "DPS that doesn't know most of the boss mechanics" should be the easiest role to replace.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I'm up to the heroic missions at the end of the macrobinocular and seeker droid missions. Does anyone else still need to complete these? I'd like to put a group together to run through them some night.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Corzen posted:

Testing the waters to see if there's any interest in getting a group together to try the Fleet Datacron stuff. I'd like to get that done at some point but I know it's a bit of a pain in the rear end to do. Maybe if there's enough interest we can schedule a time to just do the damned thing for those that may want/need the Fleet 'crons.

Yeah, I need to do the fleet one as well. Fleet and Rishi are the only ones I have left.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Chiss Jedi companion looks pretty rad, so I'm working on getting to Eternal level. That much looks soloable since my time commitment is going to be at a sub-Medullah level, to say the least.

Been playing since the beta, but did Maelstrom Prison for the first time today, so the end of it was enlightening, story-wise. DvL "Flashpoint Expert" achievement item under Champion Level is also giving me credit for Foundry now? I logged into a DvL empire character to confirm it shows credit for both there also.

Also, the achievement says "complete every flashpoint on tactical or solo", but I think it means "every flashpoint that has a tactical mode", so no Lost Island, Kaon Under Seige, or Colicoid War Games.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Jan posted:

Just posting for a guild invite.

On a side note, what's that I hear about +Exp % gear? One of the Light vs Dark rewards?

At tiers 2, 3, and 4, there's pieces of +Exp% gear as DvL rewards. Pictures show it works in a set bonus fashion: 3 pieces is 25%, 5 pieces is 40%, 7 pieces is 50%. It also has 128 armor rating and stats built in, even though it can be worn at level 1.

So if you do all of the outstanding items of the first 4 tiers on the checklist (all of the story, all the tactical flashpoints, some PvP, 5 KotFE alliance recruitments) on your first DvL character, you'll have the legacy bound 7 piece set you can use on any characters after that.

http://dulfy.net/2016/06/28/swtor-dark-vs-light-event-checklist/

Picture showing set bonus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I didn't see it mentioned on the expac website but I remember the last few having a 12x xp catch up mechanic in story missions. Are they still doing that? I haven't played since launch and figured if I come back it might as well be on a new character.

All mainline class and story missions are now 6x XP (for subscribers?), so you could level all the way up and skip the side missions. For the next 1886 hours of real life time, there is Double XP on top of that.

If you are coming back now, you might as well start a new character for the Dark vs. Light (DvL) event stuff.

Utnayan posted:

Reading about it all now but it seems pretty confusing. If I have a couple 50's already, am I automatically given the DvL legacy armor for that legacy armor set?

That's a negative. Only new characters count towards the DvL event achievements. A DvL character has a symbol next to their name on the character select screen.

Dulfy is the best source for what gets you what in DvL.
http://dulfy.net/2016/06/28/swtor-dark-vs-light-event-checklist/

• Locked thread