Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
So I clicked one of those referral links in the OP and both my characters got a pack of stuff, will any characters I make from now on also get that?

Also, can you only click one such link or as many as you like, or is there some cooldown on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
That's only for subscribers though, right?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
So I was looking at the starter pack bundle Amazon has (the $40 one that's been mentioned in here a few times already) and I'm tempted but it's only available to people in the States. Why? It's a loving digital download, you get a code in an email. Why in the everloving gently caress does it or should it matter one tiny bit where you are? WTF, Amazon?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Welp I'm subscribed now thanks to that Amazon thing, thanks for the tip about US shipping addresses.

So here, have a referral link for anyone who still needs one: http://www.swtor.com/r/Mw4Bz3

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Having just finished Makeb on my Trooper, should I do the rest of the stuff from the hutt cartel expansion or go straight to the SoR prelude it gave me the mission for? I'm already level 61 so it's not like I need the xp at all.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Iron_Chef posted:

My understanding was Story quests become locked out, remembering both Story and Planet quests are purple.

As I understood it, it's all story missions whether they're class stories or planet stories. Also, all companion missions so make sure you do those before starting especially if you don't yet have them unlocked for legacy.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Medullah posted:

It was a planned outrage for them to clean up the mountains of corpses that had accumulated prior to the fix yesterday.

Sorry to dig up a post from a couple of pages back but... what? This game is seriously programmed in such a way that inconsequential things like dead enemies persist through a server restart and patch? What could possibly be the point of that? I mean I know it runs on a terrible engine made of hacks and spaghetti code held together by duct tape and bits of string but still, that amazes me.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Empress Theonora posted:

Oh, I was wondering what was up with that. The smuggler contact just stared wordlessly at me while a bunch of randos were punching one another in the background for no reason.

As someone who has a trooper that romanced Jorgan (My very first character in my very first Bioware game, I didn't realise how bad an idea it was ok?) actually nope, not at all. I got the exact same scene with the smuggler contact and the randoms fighting in the background. That scene exists solely for Scorpio to call you and tell you to come talk to her.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
I would also like a tauntaun.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Got an email or Steam ID or something I can message you on? You've got the last one I have.

I am also General Maximus on Steam, yes. This should get you my profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974048807
If not just search for my name I guess, it'll give a pile of results. I'm the one in New Zealand.

Someday I'll get around to buying the thing that lets me get private messages here.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Is it just missing some stuff or are there no bronze items at all in that pack?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Wow has a 64 bit client even though it installs to x86.

WoW also has a 32 bit client, hence why it installs to x86. Pretty much everything that has both installs to x86.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
See also: 'Congratulations on doing a thing that'll win us the war!' after almost every single planet as the Trooper. Meanwhile the war's still going right outside, completely unchanged. Suspension of disbelief really only goes so far in covering that.

I'm still waiting for the Epic Bioware Storytelling they promised us was really coming this time before kotfe landed. Cause all I've seen so far is a bunch of NPCs constantly going on about how amazing and awesome their favorite new characters are, and an ending the not only reflected the choices I made (That'll definitely matter, honest!) in only the most token of ways, and then proceeded to neither end anything nor actually change the status quo beyond putting a new name on the big bad.

Chosen one stories in an MMO don't work, period. Bioware has been shown this repeatedly with this game but they just keep right on doing it.

• Locked thread