Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

zoux posted:

Was Lance ever officially named police chief?

Pretty sure he's been in charge of SCPD since the beginning of Season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

In order for that to happen in episode 5, this show is going to have to move crazy fast over the next few episodes. I like it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

How am I the first person to mention that Lance wants a code name, too? :allears:

Somebody blessed with a name like Quentin Lance shouldn't get to have a code name as well, it isn't fair.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

My favorite part of the new Arrow Cave is the two racks of automatic weapons unsecured right next to the front door COME ON IN EVERYONE!

Oliver doesn't have much experience designing secret bases - he would have played heaps of video games during his pre-island life though, maybe he just assumed it was a standard design feature of lairs that there should be a cache of weapons to restock at the beginning of a lair?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

It's crazy how much post processing is done on TV nowadays. Anything that isn't a multicam sitcom has a ton of subtle CG work done to it.

I'm curious what you felt was off, other than that one obvious scene that was captioned 'non final VFX'. I actually didn't notice anything wrong in the episode, though maybe I was too captivated by how awesome everything was.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

She would have lived alone for the 6 months Ollie was away.

I got the impression that she stopped living in the apartment after Ras killed her in it, not when Ollie moved back to Star city. Not living on your own is par for the course for the ultra wealthy though - it's far more likely that they just live the the family mansion, spending the family money, waiting to inherit. In fact, the pressure to live on your own as soon as you're an adult is a uniquely American one as far as I can tell - In Australia for example most people continue living at home at least until they finish university and get a full time job, and in many cultures the norm is to continue living with your parents until you get married.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Stunt Rock posted:

This episode is making me really sad that Matt Ryan didn't get a better / longer lasting series because he's loving great as John Constantine.

Unfortunately he was the only thing that was loving great in Constantine the show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

In Australia you can see Constantine on Stan (one of our local Netflix competitors). You could always sign up to that with a VPN or something. We've been doing it to US Netflix for long enough you might as well return the favour.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Nate Falls posted:

I just watched some Supergirl, and it's really starting to annoy me how formulaic ths intro sequence voiceovers are for this, Arrow, and Supergirl.

"I'm [name], I [origin story or some poo poo], by day I [whatever], but for REALS, I [FIGHT CRIME {with organization}]. I AM...THE [superhero name]!

Arrow's is the worst though. I had to SAVE THIS CITY, so I BECAME SOMEONE ELSE. SOME...THING ELSE. But that DIDN'T WORK, so I had to become...ANOTHER SOMETHING ELSE for a few seasons. Then...I tried...SOMETHING ELSE. And then I RETIRED. But then I had to become...SOMEONE ELSE ENTIRELY

It's not even just DC shows - Forever did it as well (I miss that show); and iZombie does it. It appears to have become the standard opening for any vaguely hipsterish show. I didn't mind it with Arrow, I even don't mind it if all the arrow spin off shows do it, as a kind of family trait, but when everyone is doing it it becomes kinda cringeworthy.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

B5 also changed the narration every seasons. I think its a way of getting across the premise of the show for new viewers.

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about specifically starting the show with a voice over where the main character goes ' My name is Blah; and I am blah blah blah'.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Surely killing off the kid is too hosed up for this show...

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know, Malcom can count the people he's murdered with one hand.

Well it's not like he has a choice any more is it?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It's taken me longer than most of you, but I'm starting to seriously dislike Felicity. Her attitude to all this is completely unreasonable.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

We've still got a bunch of episodes to go in the season, so either Darhk has to escape, and find another way to get magic powers (since he doesn't appear to be any particular threat without them) or we're headed for a big reveal that he wasn't actually the big bad for the season like we thought he was - kinda like season 2 where we thought Blood was going to be the big bad, but then Slade was revealed - around this time of the season too IIRC. They may even be aiming to redeem Damien and turn him into the new Malcolm style frenemy.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

We do know that he's part of a larger organization and he seems to answer to them to some degree. It might be someone higher up the chain that's revealed or it may be Dahrk's wife taking a more active role.

The twist will be that the real big bad is either the mystical dude or the woman from this season's flashbacks.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I thought it was nice that Laurel got to do some lawyering again. I don't know what parallel universe would allow a prosecutor to put her own father on the stand and interrogate him though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Proposition Joe posted:

How can BEES turn into a MAN?

They're robot bees. Small robots have a long and proud history of joining together to form bigger, more powerful robots.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

You people spent over a year wishing Laurel would get killed off because you hated her dorito face. You got what you all deserved.

But seriously, a character was written off in a TV show. Get over it, it happens all the time and it doesn't magically make a show bad. How did you people ever manage to watch Joss Whedon's stuff?

Killing a character off can help a show move forward and stay fresh. It lets new cast members come in without the show getting clunky from having too many characters. Just the other day people here were complaining that there were too many superheroes on the show now.

Edit: and if it turns out her death was faked, then it's just a fun plot twist in keeping with comic book tradition.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Joss Whedon hasn't had a TV show people have actually watched in 12 years, odds are that most people didn't see them and that you are old.

I find it hard to believe that any significant proportion of people who would be fans of a fantasy/scifi/superhero show like arrow wouldn't have also seen buffy and angel, if not when it first aired, then at some point since.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Baronash posted:

You say this like anything has changed.

you say this like someone who hasn't watched shield since the middle of season 1

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Maybe Sara and Laurel can do alternating seasons on Arrow/LoT.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

The best part of this episode was Thea casually mentioning that she hacked the prison's security cameras.

You could almost hear Willa Holland thinking, "wait, is my character actually saying this?"

Well she picked up being a ninja after a few months of lessons from Malcolm, why not pick up hacking after a few months of lessons from Felicity?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

You'll also notice that the Tommy funeral scene at the beginning of the episode must have been season 1 deleted footage because Laurel still had pre weight loss season 1 face.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

10 Beers posted:

My fiance and I are kinda interested in AoS. At what point does it get good? Halfway through Season 1, or starting Season 2?

I don't think it was ever really bad, it just suffered from having to tread water till the events of winter soldier, and also from having lots of breaks between episodes. It's much better if you can binge watch it, and a lot of stuff in season one gets better retrospectively. Starting late in season one takes a lot of the impact out of a thing that happens too. I say watch the whole thing.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

She then becomes the new Cortanna.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 23, 2016

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Sereri posted:

The circle or the actual sexy woman from the game?

They change her appearance in the next halo to use motion capture data from Emily Bett Rickards. Arrow is significantly more popular than Windows Phone so they could use the cross marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Am I a bad man for wanting a Cold and Merlyn spinoff show? They can just buddy up and go on adventures.

• Locked thread