Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Hypocrisy posted:

Oliver is overreacting. Barry wouldn't have any problem with what Thea has been doing.

Oliver: "Thea almost electrocuted someone to death!"
Barry: "Almost? Man, I shocked some dude so hard last night, he literally shattered."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Nah, it's definitely Thea in that grave. Sarah needs to kill the one who killed her to keep her sanity and her bloodlust in check. Since Thea is kinda hosed in that department (seeing as Ra's was killed by Ollie) and she refuses to keep killing people to not go crazy every few weeks, she'll probably offer for Sarah to kill her or something.

I mean, either that or it's all of Flash's villains from this season all in the same grave and Ollie is just going "christ, he just can't stop killing them, huh?"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All Felicity will need to do is talk-cry when meeting his son "for the first time" and everyone will believe her because this is the CW.

Gotta hand it to Malcolm for saving us from not getting another series.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

ShakeZula posted:

Plus she probably wants to avoid any kind of revenge-seeking from Team Arrow after he's dead.

I really don't think they would care that much either way. They just sorta tolerate him at this point.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Oliver, next time all your friends give you the go ahead to kill someone who has so many reasons to be wiped off the face of the earth, you loving do it. Or hell, get Barry to do i-- wait, he's somewhere inaccessible at the moment.

Also no way is Damien going to use his son as leverage, especially since he just saved his family.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

greatn posted:

I love Dahrk, he's one of the most delightfully evil villains on TV.

I mean, being able to force-choke someone from across the planet is a pretty threatening thing to do alone. But he's loving giddy about doing it. We don't even know how long he's been at this, given his appearance on LoT.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Guys, I think we're in the grave...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Why does Thea remain the only smart and logical person in the show?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Felicity was the worst part about this episode, followed closely by Vixen.

I dunno, Vixen actually did stuff, never sulked, and the only meh thing was half her dialogue being expository, which was kinda needed for those who never watched that CWSeed thing or knew who she was.

Plus, that "don't tell Barry" bit was great.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

"You live a life where you will have to keep secrets to protect others and I cannot deal with that." - Felicity Smoak

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

Also, when was the last time someone failed the city?

The writers, which is why they aren't having him say it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Maybe her last request was for Ollie to fake her death so she can go to Cisco's show.

After all, that was the only show that made her seem happy.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

ComposerGuy posted:

Clearly Barry is going to bring alt-Laurel back from E2 to fill the void.

Earth 2 is a recycling bin. We can put supervillains there and take out fresh backup copies of superheroes!

Except Deadshot.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

10 Beers posted:

Y'know, none of this would've happened if they'd just scattered the pieces of the idol around the world instead of putting it back together.

Or like buried a piece about 5 feet down a random plot of dirt. It's not like they are going to use it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

BurritoJustice posted:

Hey I just remembered the fake death pinch that Oliver did earlier this season with the Russian woman as well as to fake murder someone for the mob back in season 2. What's the bet that the writers haven't toally forgotten that he can do that and work that into it (0%).

Because the fake murder trick instantly fake-killed them, not cause them to convulse.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

It also helped that Slade was the only one who's sole reason for being the bad guy was just to gently caress Oliver's life up in every conceivable way. No big evil plan to take over a city or kill anyone else for some dumb ideals or whatever, just a straight-up revenge story.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Can we have "person who actually uses the Canary Cry more than once an episode" as the new Black Canary?

Like, she doesn't even have to be called 'Black Canary,' she can go as 'Midnight Canary' or 'Obsidian Canary'.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Have Barry take to National City and get Kara to chuck it into the sun.

Wouldn't work. Not enough thrust.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Having an IQ in the triple digits basically makes you a wizard in this universe, so...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Scyantific posted:

So uh, Australian promo showed Deathstroke punching the poo poo out of Oliver :getin:

Season redeemed.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Okay I haven't seen this episode. Does Felicity's mom seriously use Lance's dead daughter as some sort of...relationship leverage against him?

I think the Smoak's really have a problem with small white lies that do not affect them at all. Like, what good comes from Lance saying that he knew about Laurel? If Laurel DID come back, would she be pissed that he signed a statement saying that he never knew her secret identity? Especially if it meant that he got to get his badge back, which she knew means a lot to him.

poo poo, I just don't understand. I get it that she doesn't want to be with someone who lies all the time, but I thought that was because Noah was making promises and leaving them all the time, not just keeping secrets that doesn't affect them at all. There's forced drama, then there's creating problems out of thin air and goes nowhere.

Wait, didn't we JUST have a plot where he was keeping it hidden that he was working for HIVE to protect his daughter and Donna was going to leave him if he didn't tell her? Are we going to have this happen ever five or so episodes?

Oh god, we're in a lying-loop.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

New synopsis is out and man, I cannot pick a favorite, these are all gold.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Oh, look what's out now. Another synopsis!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

How much Speed Weed did the writers have when they wrote the second half of this season?

Can I have some?

4:23 blaze it

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

We've all earned this.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

CornHolio posted:

Agents of SHIELD is great, so much better than the Marvel movies even. Id like to know what superhero TV shows you're watching that make AOS look like 'mostly trash'

Seriously, it's so good.

Like, the characters are actually logical and cool spy poo poo happens all the time. How can anyone not like it just because the first half of the first season was rocky, and yet sit through two seasons of this and barely complain?

VV I said "rocky," not bad. It was clear that they were setting up multiple plotlines and that just made the second half of the season that much more worth it, imo.

With Arrow and Flash, characters do insanely stupid and contrived things to create drama and stretch the plot for 20+ episodes. In AoS, the characters actually grow and act like adults.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 26, 2016

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Also AoS's Hive was much better and more threatening than Arrow's HIVE.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

A bunch of retarded slaves? If he had let John Hannah perfect the formula so it would create actual inhumans instead of mentally deficient slaves than yea Hive would be way better.

also I should have said "more dangerous to humanity" plan instead of "better" plan.

The point of Hive was that he was a parasite who just wanted more hosts, no matter what. As long as he could "connect" with them, he was satisfied. That's why he didn't care if they looked like "retarded slaves," so long as he was controlling them.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

raditts posted:

And naturally there is not worldwide panic over nuclear missiles launching all over the planet, heading for key targets, then flying off into space. Nothing that happens in space affects us here on Earth! :haw:

Well, you see, there's no thrust in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Too bad the horrible season 4 finale caused OnBenchNow to kill himself.

He will be missed.

• Locked thread