Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I'm really hoping it's Lance or Mrs. Diggle. I watch the show for Diggle and Felicity. I do appreciate how they stopped writing Speedy like she's the absolute worst brat in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

True. BUT... Sara Lance is coming back this season. Alive, apparently, thanks to the magic of the Lazarus Pits. So maybe, Laurel?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

My Q-Face posted:

And you know all of the complaints I had about Laurel just not looking the part last year? Well, it doesn't apply anymore. Somebody got her to lift weights and got her a properly fitting leather jacket, and taught her how to use the nightsticks.

Katie Cassidy, Laurel's actress, mentioned this in an interview. The show let her work out more and got her to work with the fight scene coordinator this season. As for last season, she worked with the costume designer of the show to make the Black Canary suit for herself, so the bagginess was planned. Even Nyssa sort of alludes to it before she's fully Black Canary by stating, "That jacket does not suit you."

Jackson Taus posted:

Also, the producers originally said that Oliver/Laurel AKA Green Arrow/Black Canary is the end-game, right?

They reneged on that later, stating they didn't count on the reaction fans would give to Felicity.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Caper posted:

I've always felt Laurel and Ollie have great romantic chemistry, whereas he and Felicity have great friend/teammate chemistry.

Really? I feel like it's watching a bad episode of Sister Wives with them. I was so glad that terrible game of badminton between the Lance sisters and Oliver is done.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rirse posted:

Should I bother watching the last five episodes of season three? I got the newest episode recorded on DVR, but I stopped last season after Thea got stabbed.

I think so. You might be confused when Felicity makes all these references to Roy Palmer technology introduced and finalized the last couple of episodes. Plus Legends of Tomorrow bringing back some people from those episodes. Last two episodes go by fast anyway.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Holy poo poo, did she just dislocate or break his arm?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

"You left! Don't you judge me for being batshit insane berserker."

Thea Queen. The worst.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Woah. Darhk can't be touched, I guess. And he stops projectiles with ~magic~, so how the gently caress do you fight that?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

He was still fighting... while on FIRE. Mind blown.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Rage-Filled Murderess White Canary owns

Are we sure she's even White Canary? I know they hosed up Huntress and turned her into a villain, but turning a villain into a superhero?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Go watch the LoT teaser.

Just did. :aaaaa: Mind. BLOWN.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

drat, so much Ray hate. I liked him. Great eye-candy and he was a geeky bumbling oaf without the big picture, so male-Felicity. It was fine.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That argument with Oliver and Detective Lance was intense. First time Lance is wrong and Oliver's in the right.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Taken down by a taser. drat.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The 100, Vampire Diaries, the Originals, Reign, Jane the Virgin.

I'm sure I'm missing something but the producers of Arrow/Flash have said LoT will be the last comic show on the CW.

So far, Vampire Diaries has lost it's main actress and this season seems to tank in the ratings (1.24 million viewers, 0.4), so I'm thinking next season is their last. The Originals is also not very good (1.1 million viewers/0.4) even after adjusted for DVR/Hulu screenings. These may leave.

Plus, network heads of CW have stated their reneging on Supergirl was a mistake and they wouldn't be opposed to another "super" show. So there's hope yet.

From what I recall, Constantine was fine, it just kind of fell into a VERY similar formula to Supernatural, Grimm, and Sleepy Hollow, and those were already established shows.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Someone mentioned before that the flashbacks were meant to continue for five seasons, which is what they thought the show would get. We're in for another season of this poo poo.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

I take it you haven't been introduced to Genghis Clarke.

CW doesn't give a gently caress about killing kids. The 100 proves that. So does other poo poo, like Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, and the Originals.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

If they continue and have Lance stay on a more permanent basis with Donna Smoak, Oliver will have slept with every Lance sister again. Dude has a type.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm pretty sure it's real. See spoilers for links that confirm and a picture.

http://tvline.com/2016/04/06/katie-cassidy-leaves-arrow-laurel-death-season-4-interview/

http://tvline.com/2016/04/06/arrow-katie-cassidy-leaving-laurel-dies-grave-season-4/

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Apr 7, 2016

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

didn't colton leave because he made it big on some really popular show and didn't really feel like extending his fulfilled contract as a b-lister on this show

He was going to guest on his old show, Teen Wolf, and had been cast in the film San Andreas. HE's also insinuated anxiety had something to do with it. "I've quit jobs because of anxiety, flaked on social events, family gatherings, birthdays, important movie/work tests," he shared. "Its a serious problem."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I thought she wasn't even showing up for two more weeks.

She's coming out as Laurel Lance/Black Siren on the Flash from Earth-2 and is still voice acting as Black Canary on Vixen S2.

• Locked thread