Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

JohnSherman posted:

Yep, still want this Lance back. Deadpool, you can go screw.
Seems like everyone dying on Flash/Arrow basically have a retirement plan called "Legends of Tomorrow".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Everyone except Oliver died, but there was just so little left of them Oliver decided to save on funeral costs and used only one casket, plot and gravestone.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

LeafyOrb posted:

As much as I enjoyed this episode the CEO Felicity stuff was approaching Laurel practicing law levels of the writing staff not knowing how anything works. Like I'm not sure they understand why corporations have boards of directors and that you can't just tell them "piss off I'm working on a top secret thing." The whole thing was really hammy and beat you over the head with it's message.

The rest was pretty great though and at least Thea has an excuse for being a pain now.
Yeah I don't know how corporations work either but the "oh hey the thing we're working in is propriety. top secret stuff" made me roll my eyes. Did no one there catch that?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

XboxPants posted:

My fan-interpretation is that the execs knew she was full of poo poo and just went with it, hoping this obscenely unqualified CEO they've been stuck with will crash and burn (either at the 6-month deadline or most likely beforehand) and they'll have an excuse to oust her from the company and stage a coup.

Worst-case scenario, she pulls something out of her rear end and gets to keep her position, but if the company's back in black then that works for the board too.
I feel like it would've made more sense if they just ousted her out trying to pull that poo poo. Execs don't think long term at all!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

Man I want a scene where Nyssa, Sarah, and Laurel are in costume and walking down the street arm in arm singing as they randomly kick thugs in the face as they go out for milkshakes.
Since Arrow/Flash are known to be super loving indulgent I'm going to be disappointed when this doesn't happen.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Earth-2 inhabitants are Mexicans and Barry Allen is Donald Trump

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

lol poor Det. Lance. He's lost his mind.
The show practically tortures the poo poo out of Quentin.

"There's a Black Canary sighting, it's probably a copycat somehow, but mysteriously the sonic device is coded to Laurel only?"

"She must be alive!"

"I wouldn't bet on it."

"No, she has to be!"

Goes to the morgue, NOPE, still there.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

I liked this episode a lot and maybe it's because they did stuff and moved the plot.
Last couple of episodes have been pretty good. Laurel being killed notwithstanding, the episode after it was a good character episode where everyone gave it their all. And this episode had a bunch of good action and set up the very end of the season.

Compare it to Flash, oy vey.

I mean Arrow has been up and down this year as well but they've been more on the up recently at least.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Man they gotta really sell the flashbacks next year to get me to like them. At least with S3 I sorta knew what they were going for. Here it just felt like current day Oliver took a break to go back to Lian Yu for some extreme adventures for a spell (no pun intended) rather than feel like I'm watching Oliver creep closer to becoming the killer bearded hobo at the start of the show.

Like I guess similar to "who's in the grave", Oliver's "secrets" on the island didn't have much planning or thought put into it to really be useful. It'd be much more interesting if they had a real grasp of what they were gonna show in the flashbacks so when it came time to showing present Oliver interacting with magic again it wouldn't seem so flimsy and you just fall back on "I don't want to talk about my time on the island."

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Dead Snoopy posted:

flashFORWARDS
The writers can barely thing far enough ahead as it is, you think flashforwards will do anyone any favours?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Well the flashbacks are supposed to show and chart the journey of frat boy Oliver Queen into the one we see at the start of the show. After that we're done with them, short of any other flashbacks during the course of the show that happened offscreen but those aren't related to the Oliver island flashbacks ever anyway.

It's just that this season's flashbacks don't even try to make island Oliver any different from current day Oliver except at least Felicity isn't on the island.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm ready for Oliver to reveal his secret identity and or give a rousing speech to Star City and then beat Dharke with the power of HOPE from all the citizens or something.

As cheesy as this sounds this might actually work, or it might've worked better if they gave a poo poo about Oliver reacting to Darkh's magic properly at the start of the season.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I could see Merlyn being a vast improvement to being a big bad on Flash at least.

Arrow though I'm sure they'll just keep treating him with kid gloves.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Man year 5 Oliver is gonna have to basically :black101: everyone to impress me, cause year 4 I think was definitely the weakest of them yet. Felt like goddamn current S4 Oliver on the island 99% of the time.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Maybe Oliver and the S5 big bad will team up because Malcolm annoys the ever living poo poo out of them

And maybe finally Thea tells Oliver it's okay to kill Malcolm and stop worrying about her so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I mean okay sure but that trailer didn't exactly fill me with confidence. I'm sure I'll find something to like about S5 but the trailer really didn't seem to draw much of an image of where it wants to go. Just more like flashes of scenes they thought was cool and then they tease a BIIIIIIG BAAAAAD at the end. Like I'm willing for Oliver to train another set of vigilantes or whatever but the trailer seemed to not go hard on the matter either.

• Locked thread