Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nooooooo not you Papa Lance, say it ain't so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is that Felicity's grave :ohdear:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

write all hawkpeople out, replace them with John Constantine

Even better, bring back Constantine on his own show, who gives a poo poo if Castiel looks like him.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Huh, looks like they pulled a double fake out by showing her maybe dying in the commercial, and then dying for real at the end.

At least they didn't do the ultra clichéd "surprise t-bone" I guess?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kammat posted:

I was honestly expecting a sniper shot during the proposal.

Also, Darhk has a family?

Not for long, if Oliver finds out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neon Knight posted:

What is the timeline on the flashforward to the grave?

6 months from the first episode of the season.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It's on, why is nobody posting!

I don't think Felicity is in the grave. The dirt wouldn't be fresh after four months.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Ollie is maybe, just slightly, a scooch angry.

And holy poo poo we're right back into torturing people for information.

I think Diggle really just wants to beat the poo poo out of him.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That was a pretty poo poo plan, Ollie.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Now that the obvious is confirmed once and for all and Felicity is not in the grave, I think it's either her mom or Quentin.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

They're not going to kill any of the main members of team Arrow.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

flosofl posted:

My guess is some tertiary character we're not even aware of yet. They'll show up the episode before they're killed to establish the close, personal history Oliver has with this character.

Basically, I'm expecting them to gently caress it up. I'm still gun-shy after Season 3, and considering how sloppy and disappointing Flash has been I can't help but think some of that is going to splash onto this show.

Ohhhhhhhh, you are so right.

It's gonna be flashback lady

e: Probably not going to be flashback lady, it has to be someone Barry and Felicity both care about.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Thwomp posted:

I didn't have the problem with the fake out but I had a problem with cutting away with her and Oliver alone and then she dies.

Like, if you're going to do it, just do it. Don't leave for a moment and then come back with her all dead. It takes me completely out of the (legitimate) moment all the actors are having.

All I could think of was what did she ask Oliver to do and what did Oliver give her to make her "dead".

We'll find out that in a flashback it was something that his flashback companion whose name escapes me introduces him to, because they needed to make her feign death as part of some plot to defeat Reiter.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Does that really surprise you given the dumpster fire that was most of this season?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I'm getting tired of everyone crying about MY DA RKHNESSSSSSS

So is Dark Daughter still hanging out in that underground magic chamber or

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Let's not go crazy, season 4 was lovely but it wasn't season 3 lovely.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

lol what, SHIELD is gutter trash even by the low standards of the current CW superhero slate.

Oracle posted:

Hope, not love. In that crowd's case, hoping that Oliver would kick Darhk's rear end and make him suffer, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. God this show is just bad anymore. Amell seems like a genuinely good guy and I hope his movie career takes off because I can't see a season six.
Oh and I almost forgot the uplifting season moral: sometimes a dude just needs killin! Its justice! Its right! Remember, kids: sometimes murder is the answer! GO RED ARROW.

Hahaha, I had a good laugh at that "moral" too. They could have at least thrown us a bone and had Ollie make a spirit bomb Arrow of Hope to vaporize THE DARHKNESS.
I also like Amell and hope he moves on to better things after this. He's like one of the few people I follow on Facebook because he seems like a good and down-to-earth dude.

But I don't think I can hang in there for another season of Arrow.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The only thing the Winter Soldier tie in did was take it from "total poo poo" to "mostly poo poo." I watched up to season 3 where they were battling Sonic the Hedgehog with their powers of "holding their hands out and expelling tv-quality special effects" before I bailed, and the only highlight of the series was that one episode where Sam Jackson showed up and spent the entire time chewing scenery while acting circles around the main cast. If anything the SHIELD characters manage to be even stupider than the ones in Flash / Arrow, the entire plot of season 2 was driven by how loving stupid they all were.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

bring back old gbs posted:

You are 100% wrong here, opinion or not this is just straight up incorrect on every level.

Nope, shield is a garbage rear end tv show driven by stupid relationship drama and characters being ultra retarded to drive the plot and villains that are lame as poo poo, just like the cw dregs.

Like the idea that people on shield act intelligently in any situation is loving hilarious

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

What's the next escalation? they kept the entire world from getting nuked, so in order to 1up that poo poo we gotta put the whole universe at risk especially since Ollie is Goku now and uses the power of hope to fuel his spirit bomb.

Space, of course. All superhero continuities wind up in space eventually.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Seriously though, what happened to Darhk Daughter. Child of a psychopathic supervillain with magic powers and his equally nutso wife, both of whom were murdered within a couple days of each other by other crazy dudes in masks, had her own life threatened by a third masked nutjob, and dad wanted to bathe her in nuclear fire so she didn't have to live without her mother. Last seen in an underground magic chamber with a magic death idol. But we're not gonna follow up on that at all? Just gonna let all that slide?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Party Plane Jones posted:

We're talking about Squidward here.

What, people actually gave a poo poo about that plank of wood? Maybe I actually will watch the rest of season 3 if they finally killed him off.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

And naturally there is not worldwide panic over nuclear missiles launching all over the planet, heading for key targets, then flying off into space. Nothing that happens in space affects us here on Earth! :haw:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, her character was a real shitshow this season. It's like they took anything charming about her character and replaced it with constant whining over how Oliver is exactly the person she knew he was.

I don't think comparisons to Daredevil season 2 are far off the mark though, because that had the same issues as far as the second half falling off because of stupid boring relationship drama between characters that have no business being together and "YOU CAN'T KEEP LYING TO HER / NO I CAN'T TELL HER MY SECRET" over a plot involving ninjas that nobody gives a poo poo about.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

My favorite moment was how after spending the entire season being lovely and whiny to everyone, in the last two episodes she's suddenly all "yeah, go team arrow! friends forever!"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

Diggle clearly shoots a shitload of people. Those aren't tranq darts he's got in there.

That's because Diggle don't give a gently caress and doesn't let himself get weighed down by a bunch of bitchass whining about HIS DARHKNESS.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So we're gonna make the Arrow thread worse by steering conversation to a show that manages to be worse than Arrow, huh.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Scyantific posted:

That's a funny way to spell Neil Patrick Harris

NPH got the Brave And The Bold musical episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Nobody would have blamed you for walking out of the plane mid-flight.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hermetic posted:

"I have failed this Feli-city. *turns, winks at the camera*"

... :suicide:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Sportsman?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mortanis posted:

Neal McDonough is a goddamned treasure. He's been in everything. From Star Trek First Contact to that pretty bland movie version of Timeline, though I always think of him from Band of Brothers.

And who can forget his role as the eponymous character in Tin Man: The Search for A Homo?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

They even got the gay black dude to pick up the "quirky banter sidekick" slack but they managed to even drag him down with all the dour poo poo by the time the season was done.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SonicRulez posted:

Someone should propose a trade. Her for Laurel.

Nah, we don't need Laurel back. Just make it a giveaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is the end of Legends season 1 worth going back to watch? I got to a point where I couldn't really tolerate any more of it, but I want it to be a good show...

• Locked thread