Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PFlats posted:

So Diggle is pissy about asking Ollie to help him out, but has no problem secretly calling Ollie's girlfriend in for computer hacking favors at all hours of the day?

"Hey, Felicity, how's things? Still living with the my former best friend who kidnapped my wife, became the leader of an international crime syndicate, turned it over to a mass murderer, and I still literally refuse to acknowledge? Cool, you two have a pressure cooker now? Sounds great. Look, can you come by and track the GPS on this coke dealer's phone for me? Glad we still get along and have no lingering issues over our respective life choices! No, I got a helmet! It's pretty cool!"

Why would he have something against Felicity? Oliver is the one that did all of that poo poo. Felicity has constantly been a great friend to Diggle, not to mention an invaluable part of the team considering no one else (in the world, from what we've seen) has her computer knowledge and ability.

At worst he'd look down on Felicity for ignoring all the poo poo Oliver did and forgiving him anyways (which was incredibly retarded), but he wouldn't have any reason to hate her or refuse her help. It's different when he's being forced to work with a person that he fully knows is as far from trustworthy as Oliver is, not to mention that he found that out in probably the worst possible way.

I really hope that Diggle's perfectly acceptable rage is not just hand-waved away. Because I really, really dislike how everyone else (apart from Lance who goes the entire other way and hates him for completely wrong reasons) forgave Oliver as if he did nothing wrong. Diggle is the one normal character in this show in spite of his terrible headgear choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

enraged_camel posted:

Exactly, it made Ollie pretty unique. Now though he's just a run-of-the-mill hero who uses bow and arrow vs some other weapon/power.

Are you seriously calling Oliver Queen, this series' Oliver Queen, unique? Dude, he's been Batman from day one. In the comics too, but it's even more blatant here that the writers really wanted to do a Batman show and couldn't.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

enraged_camel posted:

Have you been reading what I've posted? That's exactly what I said: the Oliver queen we have right now is basically batman.

Yes, I did. Hence why I said: he's been Batman from day one. He didn't become Batman when he decided to stop killing people, he became Batman when he was written as a rich man in peak physical shape, with no superpowers, who fights entirely at night, using different gadgets (different arrows, in this case), and is constantly brooding because of the death of his parents which motivates him to be a morally-dubious hero. The obvious Robin parallel only adds to it. And only some of these are to blame on the comics.

Has it become more blatant? Absolutely. Season 3 was the worst at it because it was very literally a Batman story (Ra's Al Ghul and all) but with Bruce Wayne lazily changed into Oliver Queen. But let's not kid ourselves, this series has been a live-action Batman from the very first episode.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

punchymcpunch posted:

He's not successfully ripping off Batman until he gets replaced by a Frenchman in a mecha suit. Or I guess an elderly cop in a mecha suit.

Shh, don't spoil the next Lance plot.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Young Justice's flaws lie in the gigantic, unexplained jump between season 1 and 2 that leave you wondering if they forgot to air a season 1.5 or something, and how we never got season 3 so it ends on a massive cliffhanger, though there's hope now that this will be fixed and thank god for that because YJ was great.

That said bringing Sportsmaster into Arrow would just sadden me because I know he won't be as good as in YJ. There's no one to connect him to, for one, since Artemis doesn't exist in this series. Unless he ends up being Thea's third dad or something.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Invalid Validation posted:

Do you think they'll find a way to put the island in the show next season?

It's this show. Needless to say they will.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Krad posted:

I remember a time when fans where asking Arrow to be a little more lighthearted because the show was too serious or dark or some crap like that. As soon as they started leaning on that direction (along with pleasing the tumblr audience with Felicity), it all went to crap. What a coincidence. And now it's too late, there's no turning back. Maybe next season will be less crap.

This is a really dumb thing to point out. S3 was by far the darkest time of the show in both mood and quality. S4 got a bit lighter (by no means extremely light) and was for a long while much better and we enjoyed it. It got super lovely again when the series decided to, once again, embrace love drama instead of fun character interactions.

Kill S3 Felicity, bring S2 Felicity back. Because the one we have now is absolutely S3 Felicity again, which is something that I doubt anyone ever wanted.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Seriously, this guy's a real goldmine. The whole last part of this describes how I feel better than my own words can.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

DrVenkman posted:

Anyone heard this stuff about Cassidy actually being fired, which is why it all feels rushed, or is this just people trying to make sense of that episode?

It's the latter. Katie Cassidy is still very much a part of the Arrowverse, and already has appearances in the future.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zebulon posted:

It has a cast that can make it endearingly and amusingly bad instead of insufferably bad.

It can, it just doesn't, especially any time either Smoak is on screen. And to think they fell into that kind of cast before.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Feenix posted:

I think I'm on board with the "no longer watching this but will binge on it if I hear people claiming it's good" bandwagon.

Same, but only on the very last episode. I came back after I said I'd drop it in S3 because of the title of this thread plus positive posts and see how well that went.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Scyantific posted:

Why the gently caress do half of those responses have #Olicity :psyduck:

I'm pretty sure the Olicity fandom is all the series has left. God knows that the people who wanted a comic book show already left.

Also Barrowman seems to have forgotten season 1 was long ago. At that point Malcolm was very definitely "Oliver, but ruthless" and someone who seemed to actually want to do the right thing, it's just his idea of the right thing was murdering a lot of people. By S3 it's very obvious the writers have stopped giving a gently caress about writing him correctly and now he's only looking out for himself though.

By S3 it's very obvious the writers have stopped giving a gently caress about writing in general, too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shouldn't Supergirl be in that word fusion too?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For added fun, have him just wait there, with a big poo poo-eating grin on his face, as he expects people to ask how he got there so he can say he was Ra's al Ghul. But no one does, and it's just awkward for everyone.

I mean, I can imagine being around an unrepentant mass-murderer who even brainwashed his daughter for murder would be awkward enough already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

LoT S1 was still much better than Arrow S4 and Flash S2. But that's a really, really low bar to clear.

If LoT S2 cut the plot entirely and just focused on bar fights across time for no other reason than our "heroes" not living up to the name, it'd be the best show. Sara and Mick's Adventures, please.

• Locked thread