Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alright knock off all the gifs now. I get that not a lot of people liked last season but this is not going to be a hate-watch thread. So if that's what you're here to do then just go ahead and get lost. If the show does dumb stuff feel free to criticize I'm not telling you that you have to post only about liking the show, but if you find yourself posting just to post about what you think is wrong about the show and that it's horrible now and you can't stand it then that is your cue to leave the thread and probably the show behind and find something else. There are still enough people left that like the show even if they were disappointed that the thread is not going to devolve in joke posts and gifs for pages on end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

rejutka posted:

I really liked last season and was surprised to find out I'm in the minority. That said, I also thought there was a reasonable chance they'd written Ollie off into the sunset which I thought was one of the ballsiest things I've ever seen in a comic book show.

Willa Holland is still God-awful at the fighty stuff, though.

I didn't think it was great, but I liked last season as well and loved Ra's. I didn't like the back half of Flash nearly as much as Arrow so I know I'm definitely in the minority though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Also, where's Deadpool at?

Never heard of him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think I liked this one even better than the premiere. I'm glad this show isn't pulling a Flash and killing its villains because Anarky was great and I'd love to see him back.

Though to be fair those Flash villains weren't any I'd like to see back. Discount Sandman and Bad Special Effects Man will not be missed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A lighter tone does not mean a light tone. The show is easily lighter than what it was last season in these two episodes. Them making it lighter doesn't mean there won't be dark moments and storylines.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ded posted:

Can't wait to see her go on a murder spree then be murdered by Flash.

Much more likely.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I dont know posted:

Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg stepped aside as show runners between the seasons, though they are obviously still involved in other capacities. Between the two of them they were also working on the Flash, and developing Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, The Mysteries Of Laura, and Vixen. They said, or at least strongly hinted, that part of the problems with season 3 came down to them being unable to give the show the time and attention that it needed. Series writer and producer Wendy Mericle was promoted to showrunner for this season. I don't think she is working on any other show at the moment. So far it seems to be just what the show needed.

Guggenheim is still the showrunner. Mericle is the co-showrunner now though instead of Kreisberg. Kreisberg is running Flash and Phil Klemmer is running Legends of Tomorrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

And hilariously, he was 100% hated when he showed up on Arrow the first time.

Well the episode with Cisco and Caitlyn first showing up may be the worst episode of Arrow period. They were written really bad in it too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know if they were written badly

This is Arrow/Flash we're talking about. Bad writing is the cause of pretty much every problem anyone has with either show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think that might have been one of the best episodes of this show period. Everything clicked so well. And the scene with Lance and Oliver was one of the better acted scenes for both of them in the series. The adjustments in tone have really fit the show well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Staggeringly unqualified person possibly becoming mayor of a big city is possibly one of the most realistic plot lines this show has ever done.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

It was kind of weird how this week showed that Dig isn't even actually wearing a helmet and instead it's just a big face mask. They really need to buckle down and give him and Felicity code names because it's just getting kind of goofy when half the team does and the other half doesn't.

It's pretty much just to hide his face. Nobody else on the team wears protective head gear either. He's probably just not into a domino mask like everyone else. I'm just glad it looks a thousand times better on the show than it did in the promo pics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lexi Alexander has talked about how she literally can't get any work directing movies anymore and so she had to move to television or just quit entirely.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Which is absolute unfair bullshit.

Yeah, someone sent me a link to a video where she was on some youtube show about a year ago talking about that kind of stuff and it was amazing. She's fantastic. I wish I could remember the video and I'd link it.

EDIT: Well that was easier than I thought. Watch this interview. Lexi is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtekSEivC0

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 3, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, this was linked in CD a while back. She's awesome. I hope she thrives in tv.

Yeah, it's a hell of an interview. She's at times equally passionate and just so clearly weary of all the poo poo involved. It's a great insight into the hell she's gone through.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jonathan Hensleigh directed the worst Punisher movie, not Lexi Alexander. Or if you want to count it Phil Joanou's was worse no matter what deluded fanboys will say to convince you otherwise.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Great episode. Loved Constantine. Was shocked to see Parker Young on the show and not playing a bumbling idiot, because he does it so well (I miss you Enlisted and Suburgatory). Man this show is firing on all cylinders right now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They also film it separately from the rest of the season, doing it in large chunks instead of by episode.

No, they film all the island scenes for each episode while filming that episode, just as a dedicated day. They talked about this last year, for every episode they have an "Island Day" or "Hong Kong" day as they called it last year.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno, shut up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Marv Wolfman what have you done now?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Anyone catch what that was he grabbed off the table?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Haha, that look that lady gave was amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Resurrected siblings are kinda in my wheelhouse

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Carlosologist posted:

I kind of wonder if Darhk has already deduced the identity of the Green Arrow and is just meeting Oliver in person for fun. Seems well within his character.

He said he had his suspicions in the last episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Torturous pain fading into laughter is pretty great.

Yep. She's totally under control.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That was weirdly filmed. I'm pretty sure it was just a Go Pro.

Nah, but it was definitely filmed to feel different. I greatly enjoyed it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

flosofl posted:

I had a feeling they were trying for the one-take fight scene like in Daredevil ep2.

I think the director of this episode is just really trying to do some different shots. Like that shot of Laurel dropping off the building a second ago.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

THIS ELEVATOR FIGHT

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I am a fan of the director of this episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh this explains it, this is the first episode of the show to be directed by James Bamford, the lead fight choreographer on the show. They need to let him do more.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dear Arrow crew, please make James Bamford direct more episodes. Thanks.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I also wouldn't take anything Malcolm says at face value. It could've easily just been a League target he made some poo poo up about. I mean it probably wasn't since it was never mentioned again but I have no doubt Thea wouldn't just take his word for it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well this show feels like it's actually having a mid season finale so far.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I am never going to be able to unsee this.

This whole party scene is amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hell of a way to make an entrance.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scyantific posted:

Are you loving serious right now with this Olicity drama?

I enjoyed it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, this definitely feels like a mid season finale.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well that scene was fantastically made.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Xtanstic posted:

Well that was better than Flash

Well not exactly a high bar there, but yeah definitely. The editing of that last scene with the music on top was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you want to know she's not dead, she's been filming pretty constantly on the show if you've actually followed any of the cast's social media stuff.

• Locked thread