Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

The grave is for the prospects of a Super Girl crossover.

Other internet places seem to now think that Jay Garrick is from Supergirl's world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ville Valo posted:

Links? I like when people are super wrong about obvious beats in shows. A bunch of people on Amell's facebook think whoever is in the grave was killed by Zoom, because Ollie asks "Zoom?" :rolleyes:

Facebook groups. But I do hope the rumors I read that Supergirl is also on an accessible alternate Earth were true. I wants me a mini Crisis!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zutaten posted:

So does that mean we'll get Power Girl in Flash/Arrow then instead?

Now I really want to see Melissa Benoist show up in a crazy padded bra.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PaganGoatPants posted:

This episode was good. Diggle is about to be 44 :stare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty great second ep. I love nice guy Ollie and they're really milking Winnick's GA run for everything they can.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

David D. Davidson posted:

John just had a really bad day.

"I'm tellin' you mate, last I remember I was down at the pub with Chaz downin' a few pints when those Chelsea tossers showed up and next thing I know I'm on an island with one hell of a hangover and not a fag to be seen."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pizdec posted:

I'm thinking Katie Cassidy is either the sweetest, most hard-working individual or a total bitch, because these are the only explanations why after over a season worth of fight scenes none of the expert fight coordinators on the show dared to tell her how to hold the goddamn nightsticks.

"Uh, Katie, you don't actually hit with the... uh... no, never mind, you're doing fine, champ. :shobon:"

I follow her on various social medias and she appears to be absolutely loved by the entire cast. And she posts from the gym like 20 times a week and is clearly dedicated to the physical side of the role.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Beens posted:

Is Constantine worth a watch? It's on Amazon Prime here but I've been putting off watching it as it got cancelled

It is. The pilot is weak but it really picks up with the 4th or 5th episode and it's a crime it didn't get another season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Agreed, and Matt Ryan is one of the best casting decisions of any comic adaptation ever -- up there with Christopher Reeve, Robert Downey Jr., Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, and J.K. Simmons.

The part in the prison, where he flips out and terrifies every other prisoner, that right there was when he cemented it that he was John Constantine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't wait for Tiny Ray!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

FELICYwicydoopdoop! Tiny Ray muthafucka!!

Is it too much to hope that being trapped in a subatomic state has made Ray into a booze crazed lunatic?

"You like this armor Ollie? I made it out of your mother's coffin."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

Are we sure she's even White Canary? I know they hosed up Huntress and turned her into a villain, but turning a villain into a superhero?

Go watch the LoT teaser.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

Just did. :aaaaa: Mind. BLOWN.

You're lucky, lots of us have known Caity would be back for months!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh and in case nobody mentioned it, Katrina Law is still fine as hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I dont know posted:

In a cast of absurdly pretty people, she still stands out as unbelievably attractive.

Good thing Joe West isn't on this show. She'd have some stiff competition.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm so glad that I can scratch "started an Arrow/Rick & Morty" crossover discussion off my list of life goals.

Get your poo poo together Felicity. All of your poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Celebrities are real people!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

So...every Halloween costume is based around that fat suit?

Those suits are expensive, he's getting his money out of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lu Yan posted:

Ray Palmer better loving stay dead. Though I think I would watch to see him killed over and over.

Ray is dead. But we get TINY RAY out of the deal so I'm okay with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Solomon posted:

Ray is unambiguously alive. There was a scene at the end of last season - perhaps the very last scene - where there's a giant explosion, then you see that Ray is tiny. The cast thinks he's dead because there was that explosion and he disappeared, but he absolutely is alive.

I don't think they showed him as being tiny in the finale, that was in the LoT teaser.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Are you disagreeing with me? That's from the LoT teaser.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

enraged_camel posted:

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Well alright then.

TINY RAY!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Ooh, I really hope Ray is at least doing the insane thing that comic book Atom does where he warps from place to place using phone calls. Maybe that's how he ended up in Felicity's phone.

Oh man, imagine the gore if she sends a group text.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Ray/Cisco Brodown was the best part of last season. If he wasn't going to LoT I'd be just fine with him moving to Central City.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

To be fair, Cisco/Everybody is pretty high on the list of both shows. He interacts well with people.

And hilariously, he was 100% hated when he showed up on Arrow the first time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Ray's message to Felicity: Help, I'm tiny!

Let me out! Let me out!

I'm dying in a glove in Sloan's laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

Cisco would totally make a Rick and Morty joke.

I've been doing my best over in the Flash thread. I can't wait for TINY RAY to be a thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Lexi Alexander has talked about how she literally can't get any work directing movies anymore and so she had to move to television or just quit entirely.

Which is absolute unfair bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Yeah, someone sent me a link to a video where she was on some youtube show about a year ago talking about that kind of stuff and it was amazing. She's fantastic. I wish I could remember the video and I'd link it.

EDIT: Well that was easier than I thought. Watch this interview. Lexi is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtekSEivC0

Yeah, this was linked in CD a while back. She's awesome. I hope she thrives in tv.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Funny how John Constantine went to a jungle island in the South China Sea in his regular clothes.

He only owns the one set.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stunt Rock posted:

This episode is making me really sad that Matt Ryan didn't get a better / longer lasting series because he's loving great as John Constantine.

It's like a kick in the dick that he's so good in the role and his tenure was cut short.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TyrantWD posted:

Now that everything on the CW that is not a DC property or Supernatural has tanked, maybe they will be willing to expand their comic book show line up. Keep Arrow and Flash as the two anchor shows, and have a 10-13 episode run of Constantine in the Fall, with LoT in the spring.

The 100, Vampire Diaries, the Originals, Reign, Jane the Virgin.

I'm sure I'm missing something but the producers of Arrow/Flash have said LoT will be the last comic show on the CW.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Digital Jedi posted:

Loved seeing Matt Ryan as Constantine. He does a superb job. I hope this leads too something for him.

The Arrow team said they'd love to have him back but it's up to his future schedule. He won't be getting another series any time soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That hug between Ollie and Laurel? That's the first nail in Felicity's coffin right there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Golden Bee posted:

Constantine is so weird as a non-smoker. The lighter flicking reads as pyromania.

The mercenaries probably took his jacket where his cigs were. He was smoking halfway through his aborted series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sbaldrick posted:

So I'm going to go against the grain and say this was a pretty weak episode, mostly because it got bogged down in setting up LoT.

Constantine was fun but sadly I think he's a one off due to rights issues.

No, the producers said they will work him in whenever they can find a special enough reason. Also rights issues? NBC canned the show and when they didn't pick it up the rights reverted. And guess who owns both Green Arrow and Hellblazer?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

That was a hatch Constantine opened on the island.

:lost:

I feel so ashamed. When they opened the hatch my girlfriend was like "Oh poo poo, they're about to find Desmond!" and I totally blanked on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MildShow posted:

Be prepared for some initial disappointment. Matt Ryan is great as Constantine throughout, but the show really struggled in its first few episodes. I think the turning point was when they covered the story from the first Hellblazer, about four or five episodes in. It takes a couple more for the show to actually become good, though.

The high point of the show is the Mexican prison.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the original Hellblazer book one of the best things about John is that he has no actual power at all. But the poo poo he has done earned him a terrifying reputation which is enough for him to trade on and get a lot of poo poo done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

flosofl posted:

I thought it was less "he has no power" and more he's no longer willing to pay the high price it demands. He has access to terrifying amounts of power if I recall, but when he uses it, unintended consequences end up harming, killing or damning his friends and loved ones. So much to the point he's emotionally crippled and can no longer form meaningful, lasting relationships.

I'd always pegged him as the most powerful mortal magic user alive in that universe.

I will admit it's been many, many years since I've read Hellblazer, so I may be misremembering.

I'm not sure what you've read but John has no actual power himself. He knows a few tricks but that was about it. He usually had to trick another magician into doing what he wanted. And is friends die just from being friends with him, his bad decisions cost lives.

• Locked thread