Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Disappointed in the voice modulator use w/ Oliver this episode, not that its ever been the show's strong point.It just sounded incredibly off.

During retreat mode in the 1st team fight, Diggle didn't get enough love for that 'no-look-behind-the back' gunshot to the encroaching henchman. It looked slick as hell.

I personally suspect the grave scene indicates Felicity, but I wouldn't be shocked if its a further misdirection. I'm thinking something along the lines of the closing chanter of Frank Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns'.

Good to see we're circling back to H.I.V.E. - indicates a strong, Diggle-centric season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
AIM (Marvel) & HIVE (DC, original version) are sort of near counterpoints

http://marvel.com/universe/A.I.M.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.I.V.E.#1st_Incarnation

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
In all likelihood, they have an idea of where they want it to go but are keeping the options open up to and including mid-season for fan feedback.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Rick Pinzolo, who google can only tell me was a gangster on a TV show called Wiseguy from the 80's. It was a CBS show tho so I guess anything's possible. :haw:

Interesting find because its clearly a tv insider shout out.

Wiseguy helped put the Canadian tv production industry on the map for the USA, as it was produced out of Vancouver. It was ahead of its time for an American production to be shot exclusively in Canada and the industry's floodgates opened up afterwards. A lot of The CW's slate is produced out of Vancouver - Arrow, Flash & iZombie included.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Man I want a scene where Nyssa, Sarah, and Laurel are in costume and walking down the street arm in arm singing as they randomly kick thugs in the face as they go out for milkshakes.

Birds of Prey pilot spotted

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I actually think Thea takes the lead in the 'guess-the-grave-game'. Throwing the bit about needing the blood lust to stop by killing the maker seems too prophetic to ignore. After Felicity, Thea would be the one he'd be the most torn up over and have Oliver reconsider his no kill oath.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

Why would they make a point of Barry showing up to the funeral of someone he never interacted with?

Plus, there is the remainder of the season for Barry/Thea to interact.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
New arrow cave is too perky and JLA-esque. Season fails.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

:bubblewoop: CAPTAIN FLIPPY! :bubblewoop:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Thwomp posted:

So Ollie's kid is definitely in the grave now, right? This'll be why Barry is there and will be the time travel penalty for making Central City not a crater.

Yeah, kid's dead. Calling it now.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
It's Oliver's kid.

Barry knows about the kid from the crossover episode. Felicity WILL know about the kid in another month and why Oliver was forced to keep it on the DL, allowing her to misplace some of the guilt on herself.

Diggle is driving the limo. ;)

(actually, you should see how may people are excited on Twitter, hoping it's Laurel).

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The Salmon Ladder has the ring.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
For such a pivotal episode it sure was a mess.

The direction was either done by some new guy who can't make the action seem interesting or un-choreographed if a gun was to their head or by somebody competent but beyond hung over and burned out. The CG for the heroes departing and arriving atrocious.

The plotting just miserable. Vixen is the worst inclusion of character exposition since Team Flash showed up BEFORE the Flash;s 1st season (though there was enough good will to earn patience and be rewarded with such fan trust) and the worst female character to be added since Huntress. Basically everybody knows Oliver Queen and gently caress off with carefully crafted world building because now we've got CGI, bullet points and meta-humans.

The island backstory, which I've managed to defend even at its lowest point, is working against itself, showing us how heroic Oliver is instead of servicing the goal of showing how he acquired his skills and began to continuously lose his humanity - and they've STILL got the Russian Mob to tick off the old checklist later. Jebus, at least in the old days we had those funny wigs to make fun of...

If Legends gets a 2nd season - and I'm skeptical - just ship Felicity and Vixen off to that show and give us back Sarah Lance. Let that show do the brand's heavy lifting for a year and leave Arrow to itself. I mean, give me one more year of dark as gently caress Oliver Queen with a sense that the stakes are truly personal and raised instead of what we have: a 50% improvement over season 3.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Even Amell thinks we need to bring back Slade.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

X-O posted:

I hope that spoiler is true because of all the main characters that's the one I'd miss the least.

You know, this entire season, I never even considered that option which is weird considering my disdain for the character. My personal highlights in season 3 were always watching her get the poo poo kicked out of her because she thought she could become a bad-rear end overnight. Yet I like this option because it could allow us to write off Sarah, keep Oliver on the outs w/ law enforcement permanently (which I feel is a more compelling narrative) and get Sarah back on the show. Hell, even give her the sonic collar.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Russia trip.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

OB_Juan posted:

About the abortion.

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS UTERUS!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I know I'm going to be the only one to say it but gently caress it, I have to get it off my chest. I HATE the new HQ. It has come to symbolize everything wrong with some of the season for me: an upgrade, and well lit and expansive but it just seems too light and soulless. It just sits there wanting to be a JLA set piece and outside sparring w/ Laurel it hasn't even hosted a training montage. There is a loving Salmon Ladder turning tricks somewhere, out in the cold, now that The Arrow has abandoned it.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Dear Arrow writers,

If you had written Felicity like this (the way you wrote Curtis this episode) for the past 1.5 seasons the fans wouldn't want to fridge her.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I swear that flip exists because an underpaid black stunt double who knows parkour but is too tall to stand in for Diggle needed to be paid

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

can't wait to see the justification for this and not Felicity

the family DID have a free plot available...

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

I for one am super glad I no longer have to see this cheap and awkward "canary cry":

her 'O face'.

Seriously, the observation that this show fell apart during the 2nd half of season 3 is just spot on & going through the memories of it all has just depressed me I needed a cleanser. Here's a DECENT, uplifting scene from season 3 of Arrow:

https://youtu.be/V_2IWDLQJ4I

R.I.P. only good 'Arrow-cave'

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Meh...I was the only one hoping for The Creeper.

Felicity had some great lines tonight AND there was a callback to her tenancy towards vehicular homicide. Well played.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The baby is just there to distract you from the impossibility of a motorbike having that much acceleration and get that big a leap from the rear of a semi truck with 1/4 of it divided into an entrance doorway.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

jeeeee sus christ give this guy a robot chicken/lego kind of DC show already he understands poo poo better than anybody

can we buy him a SA account and make him post directly here each week?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
All I know is that every time we refer to Monument Point, I now start thinking about Airplane 2 & 'Macho Grande'.

https://youtu.be/JswFF2dKiLM

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
flashFORWARDS

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
no Sir, I do not

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I blame Speed Weed. All of the Felicity poo poo became unbearable when he showed up.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I swear I bough weed from a dial a gram service called Speed Weed back in the aughts

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
On set and CW photos for Arrow finale

http://yvrshoots.com/2016/05/season-finale-damien-dhark-vs-arrow-stephen-amell-city-in-downtown-vancouver.html

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
This exchange over in the avclub.com's discussion thread for tonight's Flash finale had me laughing a bit too long...

MANlMAL posted:

What is going to change:

1. Barry saves his mother in the past.
2. ???
3. Supergirl is and always was on Earth-1!

Armando Forero posted:

Arrow season 4 never happened

MANlMAL posted:

Bring back Moira!

Armando Forero posted:

Being back all the moms

MANlMAL posted:

Except Felicity's mom. She was murdered by Barry's mom.

The Allusionist posted:

Earth-1 needs moms!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Not only did they turn Malcolm face again, he did it in the middle of the arrow cave (yeah, I said it) invasion I assume he was LEADING and everybody just sort of shrugged and kept going...

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I couldn't stop laughing when Oliver jumped on the car, yelled, "LISTEN TO ME," and they all loving STOPPED and listened to him, like the mob from The Simpsons Movie.

Vancouver needed Stephen Amell during the Stanley Cup Riots: https://youtu.be/D8MZwMzs9rA

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

greatn posted:

Her midriff has perfect pitch

:golfclap:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
In a move which probably would have made a better season 4 or 3, Arrow is going to step back from the meta-human crap and introduce Vigilante

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/16/arrow-season-vigilante

Thanks Arrow. Some of the best subtle things in the early days you strip mined was from the Wolfman/Perez 1980s run of The New Teen Titans but can we get 'Judas Contract'? Noooooooooo.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Wait...we're getting Wild Dog? Since when?

It's not that I hate metas its just as the need to use them went on they used them poorly. Dahrk was a great character but he spent a season loving around and as the writers escalated their use to God like status, they made even the basic street;evel operative stuff seem even less likely, which is how we ended up knocking nukes out of the sky because they were in a character's line of sight because at that point REASON gently caress REASON THAT'S WHY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Proposition Joe posted:

Why are there so many new characters on this show.

Cannon fodder for Oliver's next guilt trip when they all get killed.

• Locked thread