Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
This is straight up Olicity bait. I don't know if I approve but I respect it.

Think you used enough dynamite there, Canary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
McDonough walks in, straight murders this show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Right off the bat it's all gone loving wrong. Love it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
What

The

gently caress

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
gently caress you.

THEY'RE KILLING FELICITY THIS SEASON

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

TyrantWD posted:

It's too early for Diggle to die. He has been one of the strongest characters on the show, and Oliver's voice of reason. Unless the actor is ready to leave, I don't see Diggle dying until the final season. Oliver + Felicity + Laurel + Thea does not make for a good on screen team. Lance has been borrowed time since season 2, so I'm guessing he dies, or Felicity dies. The only way they could make Olicity worse is to make it a love triangle with Laurel, and since Laurel is the end game, Felicity needs to be taken out of the picture.

Yeah, but without Felicity we spiral into the kind of unrelenting angst and assholishness that made season 3 a drag. I think it's on the record that Felicity's role was bumped up partially because the writers realized they needed that voice (one they were comfortable writing in; recall that Greg Berlanti was better known for breezy dramedies before Arrow) to even things out. And if they feel like season 3 came in below their standards, then they certainly noticed that the drop in quality went hand-in-hand with Felicity being less of a snarky tech wizard and more of a stock love interest (not that was the only reason).

Add to that, they don't really have anyone who could take over the tech support role, while they've got Canary, Speedy, and Dig out in the line of fire alongside Ollie, plus plenty of chances for Captain Lance to step in as well. Then consider the absolute loving REVOLT fans would stage if Felicity went down.

Honestly, it could be her; I don't think that cut from Oliver's moment of sheer happiness with Felicity to him at an unspecified grave 6 months later is insignificant. It's just not as likely as it seems at first glance.

I'm putting my money on Captain Lance, as lovely as it would be to lose Paul Blackthorne.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Pan Dulce posted:

They reneged on that later, stating they didn't count on the reaction fans would give to Felicity.

Add to that, Amell and Cassidy don't really have a lot of romantic chemistry together. They click just fine as friends/comrades in arms, but even when they were trying to push the "ex-lovers working their way back together" angle, they never quite jumped off the screen the way he and Rickards did from "It feels really good having you inside me UH WAIT :byodood:"

Again, that's not a reason why it COULDN'T happen, but if I'm at the head of the table and I want to keep some sort of romantic angle in the show, I'm gonna want a drat good reason to permanent(ish)ly write off the actress who has the best chemistry with my lead. (Of course, it could be a Good Wife situation with Rickards saying "Look, I'm tapped out.")

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 8, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

And the writers said in post interviews that they haven't decided who's gonna be in that grave for sure so try not to get Lost af in here.

That...doesn't sound smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Scyantific posted:

New set photos floating around are showing Felicity in a wheelchair and the Batman fanboys are losing their minds over it

I can see Rickards tearing into that character beat like a Thanksgiving turkey, particularly if her paralysis is permanent.

• Locked thread