Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

Godamnit, replace something useless instead.

[2 Harpy Loot Boxes]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Take my gems

it's a rank finisher so you'd better get cracking

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

treizebee posted:

I really find it hard to believe that people are only finding circle-capping karma trains in the borderlands/ebg

with the new borderlands I expect even more maps to devolve into circle-capping karma train roundabouts

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

:siren: ATTENTION GOON SQUAD :siren:

Guild Hall capture mission will take place at the following time to allow the maximum number of goons from our various timezones to participate.

:siren::siren:
GUILD HALL CAPTURE MISSION
PDT: Oct 30, 1730 hrs
CDT: Oct 30, 1930 hrs
EDT: Oct 30, 2030 hrs
UTC: Oct 31, 0030 hrs
JST: Oct 31, 0930 hrs
AEDT: Oct 31, 1130 hrs
:siren::siren:

Once again, that's 0030 UTC. We reserve the right to change this time if guild halls are broken on launch (they will be)

Kessel fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 12, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Just to clarify, that's 30 Oct in American time and therefore in UTC it's 31 Oct?

edit: disregard

Kessel fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 12, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Thanks, glad I checked then. I'm way too used to people being in the US and converting times without converting dates.

ugh, no, actually you're right and I'm wrong, it's night of the 30th for US goons and morning of the 31st for non-US goons. gently caress timezones. this is why i keep telling goon squad to swap to the timezone of glorious nippon

just to clarify:
:siren::siren::siren:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20151031T0030&p1=0&p2=179&p3=137&p4=248

PDT: Oct 30, 1730 hrs
CDT: Oct 30, 1930 hrs
EDT: Oct 30, 2030 hrs
UTC: Oct 31, 0030 hrs
JST: Oct 31, 0930 hrs
AEDT: Oct 31, 1130 hrs
:siren::siren::siren:

Our guild MOTD has been updated with the times and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Kessel fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 12, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Dreggon posted:

they still dont say exactly what time it turns on

midnight? 9am on the workday? 11:59pm honolulu utc -10?

i fully expect guild halls to have so many bugs on launch that Anet switches them off for a month

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

rip dungeon gold, you will be missed

quote:

The Gift of the Mists is where you will find the Gift of Battle, which is purchased for Badges of Honor and a special material crafted of ascended and fractal materials; the Gift of Glory, purchased with the new tradable material Shards of Glory that only comes from Player vs. Player reward tracks; and the Gift of War, purchased with a new tradeable material, Memories of Battle, that only comes from playing World vs. World.

if you don't frac, you don't legendary. get hosed

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

More saliently, it's pretty clear that legendary weaponmaking is intended to be the big endgame quest for players going forward.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

i assume the new pistol is a serious energy weapon because of all the funhaters who couldn't deal with Quip

also if the new precursors don't drop it's basically not possible to make more than one of the same legendary now

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

lol some mastery points are locked behind adventure medals and you need all the mastery points to do up a legendary

gonna be a lot of players locked out because of badly-coded adventures

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

goon squad discusses the new legendaries

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

y'all be too busy grinding masteries when HoT launches to worry about dungeons. seriously some of the final mastery tiers require an obscene amount of xp

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

black moa wearing pumpkin head

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

In the last beta, did anyone come up with a fun Scrapper build that didn't utilize the drones much? I didn't like any but the spinning one and it breaks my loving heart.

have fun

edit - i got some mileage out of changing geomancy to doom if you want to try that too

Kessel fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 13, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

nobody is actually using those +10 infusions to run fractals

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

quote:

Gyros now start their cooldown upon summon

praise the stun

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

quote:

We strongly believe that regular balance updates are one of the key pillars of building a successful competitive game. As such, prior to each season, there will be a balance update.

and not more often

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

one of those balance patches will be made entirely of tooltip updates and icon changes

three pages of "Grenade Barrage: Removed the duplicate Number of Targets skill fact while underwater. Added a Number of Targets skill fact to Grenade Barrage in PvP."

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Now someone point out where I'm wrong here because I probably am, but fractals do have a higher chance at dropping ascended gear boxes than world bosses. That sounds good good, right? The drop rate depends on the fractal level! I think at like rank 40 or so you can have a 4% drop rate of ascended armor chests? This isn't easy to get to without ascended weapons/armors to begin with! You can get ring drops and atuff to make rings. That's nice but it ain't getting you to the higher tiers alone without grinding the stackable infusions.

frankly you'd get more ascended chests doing pvp tracks than high-scale fractals

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Where does the infusion go

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Only two classes can use the rifle, warrior and engineer. Warrior rifle is loving awful and engineer rifle is good and happily welcomed in the meta. It's also fun if you enjoy pressing a lot of buttons

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LonelyKing posted:

Wait, so does this mean it will reflect back to the warrior (sucks and is terrible) or back onto the target the burst originated from (hilarious and awesome)?

he means warriors are generally dumb and will kill themselves

it's just like the old times when warriors ran killshot and everyone just reflected the shots to create own goals

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

This is different in fractals/raids?

Yes, because if you fractal you'll understand that there's gently caress all currency gain in there :v:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Hopefully the rewards for fractals are not too good.

Won't have anything to worry about there

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

this argument sucks and also i have been remiss in posting mapchat in this new thread

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lyer posted:

You know, the irony in all of this is that if wildstar didn't tank, nexon probably would have kept onto the stock, but because wildstar crashed and burned, nexon probably felt that they weren't going to miss out on much.

So a big thank you to wildstar, for making guild wars 2 a better game.

Nah. Nexon wanted direct involvement in management and so intentionally crossed a stock holding threshold to do it. NCsoft's CEO loving hates Nexon's guts so he decided to sleep with the other devil - he signed a deal with NetMarble that called for a stock swap. This weakened Nexon's position and they lost confidence in their ability to stage the hostile takeover, so they cut and ran. It didn't help that the Korean pension fund, which is a big shareholder, voted at the AGM to support NCsoft's CEO.

You can bet your rear end that if they had seen a path to a successful takeover, they would have taken it, Wildstar or not.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

kater posted:

Not sure how good it'll be for making GBS threads aoes on yourself but seems fun.

Exactly this. The dev who thinks this will be good for engineer nades is dreaming. Oh good let me just point the camera at my feet in a group clusterfuck andhgrjxjdhgehrhfhhhgggjh

(also aiming all your nades at a distance using the crosshair is loving impossible, you'll throw up after a minute of bucking the mouse)

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

There's a new instant cast setting that lets you hold down mouse 1 to constantly attack with skill 1.

How exactly do you use grenades now? I tried them out very briefly on my engi but all the clicking and targeting just sucked and I went back to ranger.

Bind autoattack to spacebar.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

saving this for posterity

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lonk posted:

Someone stop me.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Ranger in pvp tonight was upset every time I killed him.

these people are the sweetest. this mesmer got angry every time I showed up to a fight

this went on the whole match.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

spidergoats posted:

Can't wait for that reduction to accidentally apply to players.

I'm actually hoping for really stupid bugs like damage reduction on redirected hits (e.g. Phantasmal Defender, Bulwark Gyro)

this will be an exciting, bug-filled launch

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

i thought everyone was already in on the joke of all the gimmick posters in this thread but apparently not

so here's some mapchat

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lyer posted:

Ironically, the fastest place to go to get xp to unlock masteries might be....dungeons. CoF is dead, long live CoF.

If all you want to do is Pact masteries, sure.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

RIP Aroos. You were too fat and stupid for this lovely idiot world.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It's one day to launch. Remember to pour out a 40 for your favourite dungeon explorable.

• Locked thread