Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sair
May 11, 2007

Visidan posted:

Maybe Polymock.

Now there's a PvP mode I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sair
May 11, 2007

Finally, I can play GW2 with a controller.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Everyone come to our Goon Cave.

Sair
May 11, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I keep getting a "Network Error" pop up when I try to log on a character after downloading the latest patch.

Same. Time for a break.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

I'm having trouble with one of the Auric Basin story steps and I'm hoping someone's going to tell me I'm going about it the wrong way because it's getting frustrating:

I'm up to the part where you're trying to catch up with your party again after putting the egg where it goes (really loved the trials compared to the s2 ones, they were challenging without being irritating) and I'm up to the disc that's been stolen up into a tree, according to a crazy norn. It seems like the way to get up to it involves running along the roof of a building, turning around and heading towards an updraft, catching that updraft and then catching another updraft at the top of it in order to get up high enough. I'm just having a lot of trouble catching the second updraft, I can't swing my camera around fast enough accurately enough to fly into it, by the time I've got my bearings I've already lost way too much altitude. Is there another way to get up there that I'm just not seeing? Should I go further away and find a way up into a higher section of map in general and then glide down?

Just riding the updrafts is how I did it. Try getting pointed in the right direction while you're still riding it up.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Guild hall claiming was so fun GOON decided to do it twice.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Trilin posted:

Is there any deal with Berserker or are they just not as flashy or fun as the others?

There's nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't really do anything different like the others. Warrior, but more so.

Sair
May 11, 2007

This is accurate to my experience.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Jhet posted:

So I want to play with a 360 controller and I know it's been mentioned before in here, but I can't find any specifics, especially now with the action camera. Can anyone who's familiar with this drop a few links for me so I can actually play more often? All I can find is stuff that's three years old when I search for it. Or do you still need to use XPadder and I'm just SOL?

Here's a guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3pnbqq/how_to_use_a_controller_with_the_new_action_camera/

Sair
May 11, 2007

I think I need that Shimmering pistol.

Sair
May 11, 2007

J3ng4 posted:

I will never be in GOON, SFD for life!
I disagree with your statement because Robin Phood and Little Papa Johns are the best duo in this game, hams down.

See below:

What hat is that?

Sair
May 11, 2007

whydirt posted:

Just checked Dulfy to see what all is in the snow effect shoulder collection. LMBO

It was nice to figure out quickly that I don't need to bother.

Sair
May 11, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Content-wise I basically paid fifty bucks to be able to craft a birdstaff. I'm reasonably okay with that but my priorities are not in order.

"My priorities are not in order" is basically GOON's motto.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Maguuma is actually medium pop right now. 500 gems.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Visidan posted:

The real tell was the amount of content.

Harsh but true.

Sair
May 11, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

I see you all are enjoying the apology update.

Can't wait for everyone to start complaining about the lack of content in a week again.

It's caused me to want to play HoT again, so that's kinda like more content.

Sair
May 11, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

For what it's worth, I have a Scrapper alt and he's fun as gently caress.

Scrapper remains fun as hell.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Oh no, I may actually buy wings.

Sair
May 11, 2007

It's nice that you've found a way to give back to Anet.

Sair
May 11, 2007

lol gently caress that

Sair
May 11, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Personally I am confused as to why Hoelbrak gives territory to the Sons of Svanir since they pledge their loyalty to an Elder Dragon which historically are pure evil and apocalypse-causing.

Hey, that doesn't make them wrong. Norntown is a judgement-free zone.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Engineer is really fun.

Sair
May 11, 2007

You can test drive it without committing, so try out a few classes.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I hope Scarlet comes back.

Sair
May 11, 2007

quote:

Basilisk Venom: The number of stacks that this skill applies has been reduced from 2 to 1. Stun duration has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.

This seems a bit useless now.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Mizuti posted:

Marjory had a run-in with the marketing department.

That is a mess.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Visidan posted:

In world vs world also

Just let us fly airships around and paratrooper off them.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Trebuchet King posted:

the first and most important lesson/preparation:

DO NOT TOUCH THE THING

(that might not be true anymore, actually, but it still cracks me up)

Sometimes you can touch the thing. Other times you must never touch the thing.

Sair
May 11, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

If you search your mails for "gem purchase", you can add it all up and find out. I did the other day, and part of me sure wishes I had that €1910 (not including the original game) right now. :suicide:

Thank you for your service.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

Something's definitely up. The daily minidungeon, don't touch the shiny, had its gamma levels absolutely wrecked tonight.

It's been like that for a while, hasn't it?

Sair
May 11, 2007

Don't joke about the Luge Wars.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Let this be a lesson for everyone.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Everyone come play the Guild Wars 2, it is a good game.

Sair
May 11, 2007

eonwe posted:

i made a new character tonight and im having fun with it

well

thats mys tory

A real success story. Everyone remember that you can have fun playing this game.

You will have fun.

Sair
May 11, 2007

That depends on how much free time you have.

Sair
May 11, 2007

xdistak posted:

Given the gold-gem exchange rate and saving 0.52 Copper coin on each salvage, you would have to salvage approximately 3 million items before it becomes cheaper than using Basic Salvage Kits.

You don't get it to save money, you get it to save your sanity.

Sair
May 11, 2007

This is what the game is about.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Are people using thief traps now?

Sair
May 11, 2007

Tapping repair on a wall once is enough to keep you active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sair
May 11, 2007

Lonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Epn6ZZResk

Reminder that this is a thing that exists

Why would you do this?

• Locked thread