Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Everyone's welcoming when you show some gratitude *rubs thumb on index and middle finger*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
WvW levels do serve a purpose, as soon as you hit mithril all longbow attacks home in on you.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Maybe in yours it doesn't buddy.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The servers will be perfectly fine, everything around it is on fire.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
All the australians and sleepy american SFDs are in mumble come join us!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
★ ☆ ★ -----F YOU DONT SEE GUILD CHAT CLICK YOUR CHAT TAB DROP DOWN AND TICK THE GUILD BOX----- ★ ☆ ★

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
No bugs get owned you hobbit hole dwelling gently caress

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Nope

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
ANET got this hero point stuff the wrong way round. People want to play the new specs in the new content.

Right now you play the old specs, finish everything then you get the new spec... with nothing for it to do.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I think a good even ground can be reached by reducing it to 1 point needed.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Apart from the hero point situation I'm enjoying the expansion tho

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I'd expect a change sooner rather than later, this is more heat than they got for the commander tag bullshit.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I'm being told the story is actually good, confirm deny.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Thanks for doing the guild hall capture SFD, even though it was bugged to poo poo and spawned hundreds of lvl 84 elites. Turns out bringing 120+ players is a bad idea for scaling.

Enjoy our new hall! There seems to be some issues with instancing so sometimes you get put in an empty one instead of the hall everyone is in and waypoints are busted.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Thanks for coming to wvwednesday guys, unfortunately cause of the bugs only half of you could make it and even then only one map wouldnt crash the game. Next week should should be much better!

Also I went AFK in our guild hall for a few hours, alt tab back in to this.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh god the Guild Hall upgrade panel is sooo crashy :gonk:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Guild Hall glitched out and showed some complete buildings.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It looks a bit wonky since its two buildings in the same spot, so you can still see the ruined version in some spots. The collision was the same as the ruined buildings so I couldn't go in.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Guild Hall stuff is buggy, hopefully since Gilded Hollow is small and basically one level you'll have better luck a second time.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
They also patched it to make it easier a few days ago, i believe in you.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
x64 update, opening the guild panel while the guild hall upgrade panel is open crashes the game still

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
That Carbine/Wildstar thing is something I posted and was complete bollocks. The grindy stuff anet has put in the game will get iterated on as it always has.

Speaking of complete bollocks, The Floor Is lava?

This was by far the hardest thing I've ever done in the gw2. Interacting with 50 objects within 2 minutes with a 250ms ping, half of which send you into the air was fun!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It's all about adventures now.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Axialbloom posted:

I ping between 200-300ms in NZ and have to say GW2 plays remarkably well. Barring the once in a blue moon "I swear I dodged that Tequatl wave" I've never really felt hamstrung by my connection speed. It's just that sometimes interacting with select objects, like jump pads, has a tendency to be a little more finicky. Or I just suck at clicking on things.

Pretty much, if you've played with a ping like that youll know that sometimes interacting with stuff doesn't behave as normal.

Now do it 50 times in 2 minutes.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Sounds like its time for you to get gold on floor is lava

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3sbyfn/crystalline_ore_to_buy_a_basic_chair_are_you/

The decoration and scribe system are really terrible. Get used to seeing pumpkins everywhere and whatever Christmas thing you can buy with snowflakes for a year.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Kajeesus posted:

I'm currently working on a pumpkin juzzle in the guild hall.

Ideally it would lead to that little island above the spawn. I'm convinced it's possible to get there.

This sheer wall is as far as I've gotten. There's a very handy ledge up there, but you need to glide off a pumpkin to get to it and I just can't pull it off with the glider randomness from Europing. Also we outta pumpkins. :smith:

SFD has 800+ pumpkins, we have jumping puzzles all over our hall its cool. I guess you could buy 100 buckets to make a ladder but you'll need 200 crystalline ore and 50g

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Lyer posted:

Kes, you think the general goon kingdom will be able to do pick up runs within guild as the raids stand?

No.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
You'll be able to take random people to the raid a few months from now after they nerf it to try to get more than 200 people to play it once a week.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Yeah sure come join us in wvw if we're in there. Be aware that it's possible WvW won't ever pick up at this rate.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Right now there's a debate raging on the GW2 forums about raiding, big surprise I know.

The hardcore crowd are rallying against the inevitability of difficulty modes, the casual crowd want to experience content.

Both sides don't understand raids will be ignored within a year.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I have ~insider~ info that everything is on the back burner until raids are finished. Raids are considered the flagship of the expansion at ANET, it sounds insane but there you go.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Tivac posted:

Just like all those Wildstar devs we hired am i rite?

:v:

i wish they had been hired so they can work on raids and the rest can brainstorm wvw fixes.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh yeah tivac there's some kind of issue with the guild upgrade ui and guild panel ui opening both at the same time/within seconds of each other. It will crash the game 100% of the time everyone I've had test it has the same issue.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Illuyankas posted:

I am 4 million exp (not a problem) and four mastery points (god drat it) from autoloot

Also I am even more sick of Southsun than before after completing the map about eighteen times, thankfully I only have two alts left

Did you get anything cool.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Raids are awesome, I'm on the gw2 forum advocating for: DPS meters, difficulty modes, LFG system and leaderboards. So both casual players and hardcore players are against me.

I"m also reminding everyone of what happened to fractals (in 4 days time it will be 2 years since new content) dungeons (dead) sab (dead) and wvw (ignored) which is exactly what will happen to raids once they're finished.

I'm getting a bunch of angry whispers about it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I would but I opened the guild panel at the same time as the donation panel.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I beat the first boss last night, the rewards are poo poo garbage, at least mine were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I also claim goon first for SFD, we (i) are the ultimate spergs.

on dps meters

quote:

Everyone has the ability to lie or make mistakes, some more than others.

I'll take software code over human nature every single time.

• Locked thread