Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kessel posted:

Due to a family emergency, the two raids I promised I'd lead today will have to be postponed. Sorry.

Hope everything is ok Kes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

Visidan posted:

I have ~insider~ info that everything is on the back burner until raids are finished. Raids are considered the flagship of the expansion at ANET, it sounds insane but there you go.

Just like all those Wildstar devs we hired am i rite?

:v:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

orphean posted:

Whoa thank you! I'll hit you up in game and see what works
Likewise, I have a pretty good handle on the Hero Points in Verdant, Auric and Tangled so if you see Mercurius.7314 on (don't bother with individual character names, I have tons of alts and flip between them quite a lot) then I can help with stuff, too.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Tivac posted:

Just like all those Wildstar devs we hired am i rite?

:v:

i wish they had been hired so they can work on raids and the rest can brainstorm wvw fixes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please implement water shrines into the wvw borderlands, thanks

also revamp ebg already, it's boring in comparison

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh yeah tivac there's some kind of issue with the guild upgrade ui and guild panel ui opening both at the same time/within seconds of each other. It will crash the game 100% of the time everyone I've had test it has the same issue.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Fixed... :mad:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

If it were a real knit jumper... .well

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
It really should be a sweatervest.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Empytquotin, don't even care.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Visidan posted:

Oh yeah tivac there's some kind of issue with the guild upgrade ui and guild panel ui opening both at the same time/within seconds of each other. It will crash the game 100% of the time everyone I've had test it has the same issue.

There's issues with opening just the guild upgrade ui by itself and god help you if you talk to the dedicated guild treasurer.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I still can't figure out what race and name to go with, don't know if I should just give up and make my first white female human.

Jo Crystal

e: does anybody know if GMs monitor or log raids at all because there's some stuff I want to do

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 20, 2015

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I am 4 million exp (not a problem) and four mastery points (god drat it) from autoloot

Also I am even more sick of Southsun than before after completing the map about eighteen times, thankfully I only have two alts left

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
http://i.imgur.com/tCmyF78.jpg
The end of Dragon's Stand is rad and cool but gently caress the build up to it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Illuyankas posted:

I am 4 million exp (not a problem) and four mastery points (god drat it) from autoloot

Also I am even more sick of Southsun than before after completing the map about eighteen times, thankfully I only have two alts left

Did you get anything cool.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Visidan posted:

Did you get anything cool.
All the superior sigils of grawl slaying I could eat

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

I like that last fight, it would be nice though if the helicopter crashes didn't happen at the literal opposite end of the island chain from where the head is.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

I like that last fight, it would be nice though if the helicopter crashes didn't happen at the literal opposite end of the island chain from where the head is.

I'm fairly sure that's intended.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
It's randumb, they can spawn right next to each other sometimes.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

I'm fairly sure that's intended.

Yup what the other guy said, it's random. Sometimes it's super nice and appears in the same area, other times it's so far away that you basically skip that burn phase because you can't fly with a bazooka from the crash site to the head in time.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yup what the other guy said, it's random. Sometimes it's super nice and appears in the same area, other times it's so far away that you basically skip that burn phase because you can't fly with a bazooka from the crash site to the head in time.

drat, I've had some horrible luck then.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lonk posted:

That looks cool.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it is cool. it's a pretty well-made event chain.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Lonk posted:

Really wish it look like half an hour to get to this phase rather than an hour+, it just makes me never want to do it again because it takes so godddamn long and is so repetitive.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Really wish it look like half an hour to get to this phase rather than an hour+, it just makes me never want to do it again because it takes so godddamn long and is so repetitive.

Yeah, the time commitment required means last night was only the 3rd time I've done it since HoT came out :(

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Raids are awesome, I'm on the gw2 forum advocating for: DPS meters, difficulty modes, LFG system and leaderboards. So both casual players and hardcore players are against me.

I"m also reminding everyone of what happened to fractals (in 4 days time it will be 2 years since new content) dungeons (dead) sab (dead) and wvw (ignored) which is exactly what will happen to raids once they're finished.

I'm getting a bunch of angry whispers about it.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Visidan posted:

Raids are awesome, I'm on the gw2 forum advocating for: DPS meters, difficulty modes, LFG system and leaderboards. So both casual players and hardcore players are against me.

I"m also reminding everyone of what happened to fractals (in 4 days time it will be 2 years since new content) dungeons (dead) sab (dead) and wvw (ignored) which is exactly what will happen to raids once they're finished.

You're tearing this community apart.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Visidan posted:

You're doing gods work, post the best ones you get please!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I would but I opened the guild panel at the same time as the donation panel.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

I would but I opened the guild panel at the same time as the donation panel.

:lol:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I beat the first boss last night, the rewards are poo poo garbage, at least mine were.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Visidan posted:

I beat the first boss last night, the rewards are poo poo garbage, at least mine were.
Pickle surprise!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I also claim goon first for SFD, we (i) are the ultimate spergs.

on dps meters

quote:

Everyone has the ability to lie or make mistakes, some more than others.

I'll take software code over human nature every single time.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

goon squad 2 cool 2 casual :350:

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
So I've been splitting my time between a mesmer and a necro. They are both fun but the necro feels a lot stronger and having a permanent speed buff is nice. Will it be hard to find groups as a reaper or should I stick to my mesmer if I want to be useful? I don't really do PvP stuff.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Mikemo Tyson posted:

So I've been splitting my time between a mesmer and a necro. They are both fun but the necro feels a lot stronger and having a permanent speed buff is nice. Will it be hard to find groups as a reaper or should I stick to my mesmer if I want to be useful? I don't really do PvP stuff.

It won't even matter if you don't have ascended gear to pass the gear-check required for endgame content.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Generic Octopus posted:

It won't even matter if you don't have ascended gear to pass the gear-check required for endgame content.

I don't know why people keep saying this, ascended skins are too gaudy to pass any fashion standard.

oxidation
May 22, 2011
Just hopped into this game because I tried it a year+ ago on a friend's account and it was a lot of fun, so I figured HoT was a good time to make my own account.

When should I do crafting/town exploration stuff? Like exploring Lion's Arch, etc. It's all % exp, so I feel tempted to save it for the 70s to take advantage of that.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

oxidation posted:

Just hopped into this game because I tried it a year+ ago on a friend's account and it was a lot of fun, so I figured HoT was a good time to make my own account.

When should I do crafting/town exploration stuff? Like exploring Lion's Arch, etc. It's all % exp, so I feel tempted to save it for the 70s to take advantage of that.

Nah it's not really like that. You get more ways to gain XP as you level up and there is no exponential curve. Just do what you find most fun at the time. Grinding your first few characters is a good way to get burned out quickly.

Crafting is a gold sink. It is useful, but not something you want to invest in until you have some money to throw around. You will probably make most of your money from selling materials at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

literally just Do Whatever to level your character. explore. do events. do story missions if you want. it's pretty open with things to do if you're leveling.

• Locked thread