Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
GW2 is a good game:

Oh and I hope you like circles and don't have epilepsy:

I really like circles

klockwerk fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Visidan posted:

People complained about the wvw reset change, they changed their minds and made it saturday mornings an even worse time. RIP.

lol

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
My biggest issue with GW2 PvE is that everything is basically a giant damage sponge that you throw hurty things at till it dies. You get to dodge something or use a stun-break sometimes if you're lucky.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Do we have any idea yet of when the servers will be going up with new content tomorrow?

Edit: Apparently it's 12:01am Pacific (-7 UTC).

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Visidan posted:

The servers will be perfectly fine, everything around it is on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBfxjSFAxQ

Pictured: ArenaNet IT staff

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
I finished the final story mission and jesus christ it gets buggy as hell if you die in it and hit the reset button.

Cool story though. Curious to see what comes next.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Stereo posted:

I'm really enjoying levelling my thief but I don't get how you're supposed to stay in stealth for any length of time or keep going into it, I suppose that's something I'll get with more trait slots etc unlocked later?

Also, is there any point in a level 13 Thief doing EoTM or WvW of any kind? Or would I be more of a hinderance than a boon?

Aside from your abilities that apply stealth, you can also use smoke fields (like Pistol 5) combined with a leap finisher (such as Dagger 2) to apply more stealth to yourself. You can also throw down a smoke field and shoot Shortbow 2 into it to apply stealth to a group.

Stealth stacks duration, so once you've poopsocked enough you can do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Av81XhRu5c
(skip to 0:50)

That said, GW2 (pvp especially) requires much more reactive gameplay. One of the best pieces of advise I can give to new thieves is not to get too comfortable with stealth, as the longer you're stealthed, the more time your opponent has to recuperate and prepare for your next burst.

klockwerk fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 29, 2015

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Here's my Scrapper soon before finishing my first full Dragon's Stand map.

Scrapper owns. Dragon's Stand owns. HoT ain't all bad.

Also Tangled Depths is a loving mess to navigate, but that makes it all the more rewarding when you wander upon one of the huge underground chambers. Shame the actual game content for the zone sucks right now.

klockwerk fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 14, 2015

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

ItBurns posted:

I have fully cendy zerkers gears on mine with a hammer and HGH build and it falls squarely into the area where you can kill pretty much anything before it hurts you. The only thing that it could improve on is the cooldown on elixirs and the static field.

This is what I've been using in WvW and PvE on my scrapper:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTB1ahtbBeeBEqil7ii+0b9aHcBjwAQsg+hcA-TlhAABg8AAuZ/B0U+BpSQAuAAmq+DA-w

Sometimes I switch around a bunch of the firearms traits depending how I feel. You kinda can't go wrong in that trait line.

This build also gives you plenty of Elixirs to stack might with: Elixir H + Toss, Elixir Gun 4 + 5. You can optionally drop Slick Shoes for another Elixir (take S for a great "Oh poo poo" button, take B to start of your terrifying burst). Another elixir also means another elixir toss!

A good easy opener is just taking out your FT, hitting Air Blast, and following it up with a Flame Blast + Detonate.

Cele gear means that you somewhat depend on might stacking to do damage, but it makes that up being nearly unkillable. In PvE and WvW stacking isn't an issue since you can just stand around with your Flamethrower out till you meet an enemy.

Take Mass Momentum in the Scrapper tree for stupid ridiculous might stacks.

Sneak Gyro gives you another lightning field on a short CD. I often switch it out for Mortar for more damage and yet another Elixir.

klockwerk fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 16, 2015

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Experience works like this:

In WvW you gain WvW experience to acquire loot at rank levels and use points to access useful skills and abilities, such as siege enhancements, and damage bonuses to certain NPCs.

In PvP you gain PvP rank experience to unlock loot/skins/whatever and enhance your e-persona with cool finishers, I guess. All PvP players are masochists and experience is just for rank rewards.

In PvE you gain experience to level up, and upon hitting level 80, you begin accumulating mastery experience. Masteries unlock cool new abilities and skills that allow you to access new content while continuing to unlock new content over an extended period of time.

---

For some reason people can't seem to put this into perspective. I hope this helps.

I'm not saying the execution is right, but that's (I think) what ArenaNet had/has in mind.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Haven't read this thread (or really played the game much) in the past few weeks. After looking at the last few pages I'm glad to see I'm not the only one feeling burned out and/or dissatisfied with the new content.

I'll still pop in for dailies and the odd guild events, but I'm holding out for something really appealing to keep me playing longer than a half hour or so per day.

Also I think it's really dumb that there was no new EBG map to go along with the new Borderlands. Also it's really sad that WvW is pretty much dead/dying.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Honestly right now EBG is the only map you find people to fight on because it seems most don't like the new maps, so count your blessings I guess.

Ugh yeah it really adds insult to injury when I do log on to play WvW these days and really the only thing to do is the same thing I was doing before the expansion (though granted, with new specializations there's something).

Did ANet ever provide reasoning for this? Also, wasn't the WvW skill system supposed to be revamped? When compared to the semi-equivalent mastery system in PvE it's in a pretty laughable state right now.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Visidan posted:

WvWednesday isn't for another 2 hours hopefully its back up by then.

Or not considering the game is dead.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Is The Snow Man of SFD taken?

RIP Bee Man.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

If anyone asks this is why I quit GW2.

:canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
I pretty much left because WvW got awful. Looking forward to coming back if it gets all fixed up.

• Locked thread