Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I'm 4 hours behind UTC so it would be Halloween for me anyway.

...Right? I think?

I'm blocking off time to be there, though. You can only take the Guild Hall once so I definitely want to be there.

...Right? I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

ShadowMar posted:

STOP!
SLOW DOWN!
PAY ATTENTION TO
THE STORY!

Leaving his yogurts out in room temp? loving casuals.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Could anyone link me a fun PVE Chronomancer build to try out? I'm a little intimidated to forge out completely on my own. What's been fun for everyone?

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I'm assuming I should have the mushroom-jumping unlocked before the Guild Hall event tomorrow?

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Thanks! :)

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Oh man I really hope my game doesn't keep crashing tonight. Right now I can get about 15-20 minutes of gameplay in before the entire thing crashes, citing a memory error.

This never happened before the HP-lowering patch. It feels so unnatural to hope for yet another patch...

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Kajeesus posted:

I especially enjoy how crashing means you get jack poo poo, whereas failing the event still gives you a decent reward. You can't even get back into the map to do any of the post-event stuff!

Your pain, it is my own.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

SUCCESS!!!

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Random whisper during an event:

Made me smile. :)

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I think it's time to try the Revenant. What's a good name for a salad Revenant?

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Eltoasto posted:

lol DnT, i love achievement drama in MMO's

Anyone else crashing again after the patch? :negative:

My crashes have gotten *much* worse. I actually feel more impressed about it than upset.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Mercury_Storm posted:

After months of not playing due to the whole HoT debacle, I logged in to do the Christmas quests and noticed I had a black lion chest key. Opened it and to my surprise got a Permanent Hair Stylist Contract! Not sure what I'm going to do with this cause I don't even have the gold for the AH listing fees. Apparently people will buy these for up to $100 on mmo trading sites but that seems kind of insane.

You have one of the sacred treasures of princessing. I am sure a goon would be happy to buy it.

(Like me, for instance...)

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I play condition Chrono, so I'm already doing it so wrong that I'm not really worried about the alacrity nerf.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Not sure I get this new open world content.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I'd really like to give the Raid a shot, but I don't trust pubbies. Or myself.

Does Goon Squad usually run the Raid? If so, when?

I'm finally installing Mumble so that will be one hurdle jumped, I imagine. Anything else that would be required, other than on-hand alcohol?

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
First hints of the next living story?

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I would totally try out the Raid, but really I don't want to do it with pubbies.

The irony, of course, is that having never done it, I am essentially a pubbie myself.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Holy gently caress how can a company be so monumentally incompetent at customer communication

Conflicting orders. "Tell them you're addressing the serious problems but also don't admit there's a serious problem. Give no details but make sure they know their specific issue is being addressed." Kind of like every other business I've ever worked for, tbh.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Thanks for teaching the Raid tonight. Had a great time. :)

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I got mine when it was town clothes.

Hey, anyone remember town clothes?

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

AnacondaHL posted:

Glad you had fun!

Next raid will be Sunday 9pm ET. It's going to be another training raid mixed with gauging interest for Raid Group 2 regulars. Special note for condition damage players: we need you! If you are dedicated to lighting your wallet on fire to craft Viper gear and are looking to raid, please let me know.

Now Sunday I can do! I'll bring my condition Mesmer.

I'm Annemony in-game, if we need to reserve space. I was in the last Sunday learning raid though so if I need to step aside for other interested newbies, I completely understand.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
It's canonically established that Sylvari have no genitals. :science:

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Checks out.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Harrow posted:

Didn't they say before release that they did and that sylvari can do the sex, they just can't reproduce sexually?

This game is weird

In the linked interview the guy says that Sylvari can have sex (A "lore question that bothers players the most" very nice), but in that Living Story part where you're playing as Caithe in flashback rescuing Sylvari from an Asura lab, one of the conversations between Asura is that the Sylvari "don't appear to have genitals."

Or maybe I'm misremembering and they said "reproductive capabilities." I'm sure I could check the wiki but my Internet search history is already strange enough.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Game's getting existential.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Mesmer is fun, Chronomancer is also fun.

Can't say I ever expected to tank when I rolled this class, but it's an interesting switch-up. Honestly it doesn't play that differently than DPS and alacrity buffing the raid, it just adds an additional layer of timing and managing your many, many sources of temporary invulnerability.

It is a fantastic class if you like pushing buttons.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

I keep expecting him to just shout "GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!"

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Are there any good condition builds for Mesmer?

I don't know if it's especially good, but this is the Condi build I used until I started Raiding.

Basically, it's Dueling 3-3-2, Illusions 2-2-2, Chrono 3-3-3; You use Rampager gear with Rune of the Krait (or Chronomancer), Sword/Pistol and Staff with Sigils of Agony, and your main Utilities are Well of Action, Well of Recall, and Time Warp as your Elite.

It seemed suitable for fractals, world bosses, and general PVE. The general idea is that your main source of Condi damage is the bleeds caused by your Phantasms (thanks to the Dueling line) which are attacking more often and harder (thanks to the Illusion line), and you take Krait runes to increase your bleed duration and add bleeding, torment, and poison to your Time Warp skill. Which, by the way, you're still abusing with the general Chronomancer trick of Conti Split to decrease the cooldown. So your goal is to get out three Phantasms as quickly as possible (using your Chrono tricks if necessary), then let your Phantasms stack Conditions while you rely on the Staff at range. You don't shatter as frequently as usual because you're relying on your Phantasms for the damage.

You can replace the heal skill with the Chrono heal well or Ether Feast, and the last Utility slot can be anything, like another Phantasm for instance.

It performed very well in Fractals and whatnot, and I liked it and had fun playing it. However, it is very slow to build up your DPS. While I think this *might* be good, there are way better classes at Condi that stack up their conditions much faster. It's not as good as the Chronotank Raid build or the general Zerker Chrono that I run with now.

But who knows? Maybe you'll like it. It was fun while I played it! :)

Also it's waaaaaaay cheaper gear than Chronotank. :p

Edited for clarity.

Spookyelectric fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 9, 2016

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I'm actually looking forward to the Season 3 releases. Lately I've only really logged on to raid. It will be nice to have some new story content to do. But then, I also enjoyed the last two living story seasons.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's good, and no I know they're soloable, just so mindnumbingly boring and stupid and pointless that doing them with someone else may take away some of the tedium. Truly some of the worst story/quest style crap I've ever seen in am mmo.

If we're on at the same time, hit me up and I'll help you through it.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Schpyder posted:

/facepalm

Ran from off the toilet to post this, was beaten.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Mesmers are fun.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I vote option #1. Turkey Leg will be my master.

My selfie of me voting for option #1 is likely to get me arrested in this state.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Of corpse not!

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
The amount of story that is "locked" behind raids had been greatly exaggerated.

A lot of fuss over a cameo and maybe a few paragraphs of text.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
My anime princesses deserve to have protected midriffs, ArenaNet.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Harrow posted:

I'm pretty sure Chronomancer can do its Quickness/Alacrity job without Minstrel's, so I'd go with whatever you use for damage. Maybe you need one piece of something with boon duration (I usually see Commander's suggested but I dunno)? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Quantify has a good guide for the Raid Mesmer: http://qtfy.eu/build/mesmer

If you're not tanking, or you're just starting out Raiding, just use Exotic Berserker's gear and work your way up to Ascended Berserker's or Commander's. You can use Runes of Water instead of Runes of Leadership for Boon Duration (I do). Some people use 4x Traveler's Runes and 2x Platinum Doubloons, and that works too.

Also, buy Boon Duration food and that will help you by leaps and bounds. When you can, get a Sigil of Concentration for the inevitable ascended weapon and that will help too. Don't worry about the cost; raids make you rich quick (they did for me). Eventually, you may reach a point where you don't need it anymore, but let that be a goal for your raiding to keep you motivated.

When I'm Chronotanking, I use Minstrel's armor with Runes of Water and Berserker's Weapons with Plat Doubloons. I do okay.

Also, if you want to try a ranged damage role and you don't like tanking, take a look at Condi Mesmer. It's surprisingly good in a lot of Raid encounters, especially if the boss does a lot of running around. Start with exotic sinister's and work your way up to a combination of ascended Viper's and Sinister's with berserker runes. The food's more expensive, but that's just the trade off for cheaper other gear I guess.

Edit: Also, the raid comp will sometimes affect what is "optimal," like for instance having a Rev in the group will give you a boon duration boost, so you can actually wear Assassin's gear with scholar runes. But frankly, don't worry about what's optimal when you're just starting out. Look into options after you feel more comfortable with raiding with the class. When you find a chill group to raid with, you guys will gradually figure out a comp and equipment combo that works.

Spookyelectric fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 23, 2017

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
The Holosmith elite summons that dancing holographic lady for 30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Erdricks posted:

I used to be able to do a variety of events before megaserver because the events were always on different timers. After megaserver, the same events ran on the same schedule on all servers, which is the same system as in HoT. Basically, I only get to do the same little slice of the game over and over and over, which pretty much killed a lot of my desire to do open world pve.

Doesn't the Megaserver system predate HoT? Or am I missing something?

• Locked thread