Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
who do i talk to about getting an invite to goon squad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
someone except my request to join goons squad

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
another wasted snipe

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Schpyder posted:

I find the dungeon changes kind of hilarious, since the last major revamp they got was eliminating gold dropped by champs and bosses, completely killing gold find as a useful stat, and moving all the worthwhile rewards to path completion. Now they just nerf the rewards entirely. Dungeons were a decent way to farm gold (one of the only really consistent sources, TBH), now they're not going to be a decent way to do anything, other than get those dungeon master/dungeoneer titles.

I just hope the liquidity moving elsewhere will still keep some similarly effective source of gold/hour for those times when you actually need to farm gold to buy mats for a legendary or something.

I just hope that it's not a move to put more gold into overworld events, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. It would do a lot to force players together and would greatly limit the ability of high-end groups to outpace the general population in terms of gold/hour with easy content. If they can actually make raids/fractals fun but challenging with a similar reward I could see this as a good thing.

Dorkopotamis posted:

Scratch that, 600 stacks. This is either going to make me rich or I'll lose 30 gold.

Heh. I already have dozen of stacks of stuff on most of my characters, but the sheer volume of leather on the market is hilarious. There were 3 million units from 45c to 49c when I looked this morning. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but at this point I'm more confused about where I'd put it all. Guild Bank

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 13, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I'm really confused as to what the specific impediments to getting AR are. By the time you actually need it you should have enough AR to make it irrelevant. If you don't like fractals then you don't need it because you won't be doing fractals.

Are people just completely dismissing it because they think it's a grind?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Getting to 70 AR isn't a barrier to entry, it's the top tier of resistance for the absolute highest level fractal possible. Of course it's going to take some time to get there.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Yeah they should make it so that you can "bank" the infusions into your item every time you get it. That way you don't have to choose between creating a higher infusion or using the infusion to actually protect you. It's expensive and thus grindy, be design. Just a quick check on the trading post at the prices of infusions is enough to make a person close the fractal window with a big fat lol, no thanks.

That is some casual poo poo and I enjoy selling them so nope.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
im gay and embalmed

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Nothing that you quoted there was me being worked up over anything. Though my past few posts sure as poo poo were, I'm not denying that. I was replying to Hefty who was asking about just jumping into fractals without AR. And I wasn't spreading FUD. It was incorrect information I was spreading in my pissy misinformed rants, not Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Unless you mean inspiring the generation of FUD in others. FUD sounds so stupid to say, you could just as easily say I was spreading misinformation and confusing others.

I was also just explaining that my priority of leveling each class to max at the rate of an employed casual player has prevented me from investing enough time to actually get deep into fractals. I was, as you pointed out, incorrect about buying the simple infusions with laurels, which was another thing holding me back as I was saving laurels for alts. I could have been purchasing the infusions with fractal relics all along.

I also completely forgot that infused items get a spare slot, so you can get more AR in there. I also didn't realize that rings and backs were the only things that could be infused. And yeah I didn't realize that the stacking infusions were only usable in that slot. That alone makes the grind for these infusions way less bad if it should come to you needing to do it. I also did think that infusing rings was just as bad as the backs, and at no point would toss a stack of ectos into a ring for more AR slots. So the fact that that is not the case is really nice to know.

I was also pissed with how much it would take to get to the mid fractals, not even the higher level ones. But based on what you and others have said, with the simple infusions alone in the easy to obtain items with infusion slots (back from crafted, commendations and rings) you can get a total of 20AR. 25 if you want to use the amulet but yeah no you're right you really shouldn't do that. So with infused rings there really is nothing holding you back from being able to do 20-29 range fractals. That is way better than what I thought.

Now someone point out where I'm wrong here because I probably am, but fractals do have a higher chance at dropping ascended gear boxes than world bosses. That sounds good good, right? The drop rate depends on the fractal level! I think at like rank 40 or so you can have a 4% drop rate of ascended armor chests? This isn't easy to get to without ascended weapons/armors to begin with! You can get ring drops and atuff to make rings. That's nice but it ain't getting you to the higher tiers alone without grinding the stackable infusions.

Having ascended armor being a requirement to gain access to higher level fractals is complete BS due to the efforts it takes to craft them. If fractals had more rewards involving ascended item creation, it would make sense to have ascended items be required for higher level play. Having armor boxes be a super duper rare drop until higher ranks (in which it is still rare) doesn't help with getting the requirements fulfilled for reaching those higher ranks.

I understand ascended armor is supposed to be prestigious. But it provides nothing more than some poo poo stat boosts and an infusion slot. The main draw to the armor is the infusion slot, but in order to get the 100% assured way of getting it (crafting it), you need to spend a gently caress load of resources obtainable from every game mode, a poo poo ton of money, and have it all be time gated. Technically time gated, but you can buy the time gated stuff off the TP of course. It provides no advantage in pve (save the amulet utility slot which is very nice), nothing in spvp by design, and wvw may get a worthwhile boost in the weapons? I heard it might be nice a long time ago when they fist came out, but I can't stand wvw without live chat so I don't bother playing it unless jerkjerk is doing stuff.

TLDR: I was wrong with a lot of stuff, but access to higher level tiers of fractals based on ascended accessability is still lovely as it takes an enormous amount of resources to obtain an item whose entire gimmick is useful only in fractals. And you need multiple.

Arus if you put Mercurius' well written ditty of fractal information in the OP, which you should it's kinda really helpful, please keep in him calling me out on FUD.

Edit:

Oh. Well yeah it's kinda poo poo to do that on the phone. Whenever I skip out of reception and I had a half typed post, it just ends up getting deleted. It's such a pain.

WHO AMONG YOU IS BRAVE ENOUGH TO TEST YOUR METTLE IN MELTDOWN ARENA

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Kessel posted:

frankly you'd get more ascended chests doing pvp tracks than high-scale fractals

This is true. I get a decent amount of stuff this way, but I pretty much only play ranked and have a 90% win rate.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Probad posted:

When is your line of branded peripherals launching?

I was hoping to be ready by the Christmas shopping season but its slow going because my dad won't let me use spray paint anymore after what I did to the driveway so I have to paint all of the mice with a brush which is a lot slower I have 5 done so far and one keyboard but the LEDs burnt out already

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Can someone gif the new staff animations? I can't do video today at work.

Here?

Edit: Not a gif, :smith:

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 19, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CODChimera posted:

If you make a legendary, it gets added to the wardrobe so you could use the skin on two different characters right?

The restrictions they've placed on the new legendary system seem to be limited to the actual weapon themselves, so yes. It will be interesting to see what the total cost ends up being, and how that compares to ascended weapons. Currently, ascended weapons are kind of cheap because they're not using Damask. I guess it depends on whether they balance silk down or balance the other materials upwards in price. the latter

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lyer posted:

Did they mention anything about keeping the T6 gifts in the new weapons? That blog post was confusing as all hell.

I don't know. I got the impression that they were aiming to have the new legendaries have a lower outright gold cost, but if someone has actually done the math on what they've shown I'll cede to that. Granted, if you need to spend 20 hours doing XDrandom poo poo there's going to be some opportunity cost associated with it, but I think that's kind of up in the air.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
If you haven't gotten in on Runes of the Flame Legion and Sigils of Smoldering then now is the time to buy buy buy!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sjonnar posted:

Why's that? Burn damage gonna be the next big thing?

Yes.

Probad posted:

Mango Pies are the next big thing

Yes.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Arena "EA" net literally taking content out of their paid DLC mere days before release see you in Azeroth!!!!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
It's getting pretty casual in here.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Magical Zero posted:

Did Arenanet remove PvP solo queue? That seems like strange decision considering their e-sport ambitions.

Yes, but most of the people in unranked are solo. Maybe the same for ranked but I'm not waiting 10 minutes for games these days.

On the other hand, PvP being trash means that you can smash WvW-tier players without all of the running around.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
*scribbles "wvw notary" onto a sheet of construction paper titled "launch day exploit targets"*

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Enemu posted:

So I'm about to hit 80 on my first dude (Guardian, ended up doing him over a necro).

Most of the info I can find online is somewhat out of date, is berserker direct damage build the best one? Is sinister burn any good? While leveling I was having fun using whirling wrath/judge's intervention and just pulling everything under the sun with gs5, whacking the reset on justice, and burning the living poo poo out of zombies. Is that poopoo in real person content and I should just get soldiers/zerk? Is this poo poo all gonna change in 4 days or is DH gonna be a fun wvw thing and not a real meta thing?

Sinister guardian is indeed good but so is berserker. I wouldn't worry too much about which one you pick if you just hit 80, as the rare/exotic gear you'll likely be using is cheap enough to just salvage when you upgrade. Make sure you get cheap food and runes as well, especially for the sinister build.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

I'm going to be a negative nancy and say that it's too much. I'd rather see them get buffed to be on par/above the non-minion options and have something more skill based like sharing blocks or evade frames but whatever.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The fact that a single jungle challenge is worth basically an entire zone's worth of challenges really puts it into perspective how quickly we'll be unlocking these new specs.

I'm not even concerned about which character to start with now. They'll all get their elite specs soon enough.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 20, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
We need some kind of toxx challenge for unlocking specs.

24 hours to unlock X specs?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

goattrails posted:

Milestone Reached:

Edit:
Just in time for a new class to get released too.

Only 4.9 are white human females, try again.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I am going to have all 8 elite specs unlocked within 24 hours of go-live and I have the meth to prove it.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

treizebee posted:

What's your poison for the ninth.

drat, I totes forgot about engineer.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
We should really focus on getting one goon guild hall fully upgraded rather than having two half-built halls.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Why do I have to do thing in game to get thing? Why isn't thing an account-wide unlock when I log in? I don't want the things but I need to have them!

I'll probably just end up logging in and playing the game for a few hours then logging off. :smith:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

it has 4 ears to hear me scream inside

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Deadest asura

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

ijyt posted:

So what am I missing on the 31st re: Guild Hall because just found out I won't have internet for a week during my move.

A bunch of goons staying in and complaining about how modern Halloween costumes are an affront to women and minorities.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Are the gyros effected by the new 95% untargeted damage reduction for minions?

There are no rules in The Victim Zone

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
we sent him to his anime death

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Wildstar dev spotted

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
come to my HoT release party for the game drop

my nana is making pizza rolls and we have lots of pop

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I have a couple of questions; is the personal story in any way continued in HoT? I've completed it on my main but I dread doing it on my alts.. which brings me to my second question. I created a thief in anticipation of the Daredevil specialization but I'm struggling to do stuff solo, as I feel about as sturdy as wet paper. What's a good compromise between survivability and damage? I never really got into the itemization in this game so I just went with the usual advice of "everything Berserker every time", but as soon as I encounter more than 2 mobs at a time I'm struggling to stay alive (which makes the personal story even more fun). I would try experimenting, but I don't really have the funds :(

If you're 80 I'd go for S/P. I'm too lazy to help you more than that though so just pretend I'm seconding whichever autist is willing to copy and paste a giant guide here because its otherwise good advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

LiftAuff posted:

I believe it is around ~11 hours from now.

depends on the timezone

• Locked thread