Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ugh, even more gated progression from anet!!!!!!!1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That actually brings up a good question. Now that dungeons are nerfed into the ground what is the best source of gold in the game? Specifically where does the game create the most gold, not the place that drops the best things to sell on the TP.

I'm guessing its coming in the form of drops you get from the new zones, you get so much boxes of gear thrown at you.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Are there known issues with Guild Wars 2 on the Nvidia GTX 970? That's the only recent upgrade i've made and Guild Wars 2 is now unplayable on my PC. It ran fantastic on my previous card, GTX 460. The load times have also massively increased, over 1 minute.

I have that card and I've had the same loading time. Then again I don't have an SSD, so I'm pretty sure my hd is the limitation. I think some smart goons know ways to speed up loading.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

You probably wouldn't notice it since you have an ssd, but I'm game to try it out tonight. For science!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

AzureSkye posted:

Goons are not interior designers.

It has gotten like 5x worse since this screenshot.

I will fix this, I've been watching HGTV for 6 months in preparation for this.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I just don't get the revenant, anyone have any recommendations for a build? I'm having a lot more difficulty with this class compared to others in the open world.Tried a zerker build, but just wasn't cutting it.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ItBurns posted:

Most of the champ mobs are soloable and yelling in map chat and/or turning your tag on is enough to get a gaggle of warm bodies within 2 minutes.

Like and subscribe for more guides on how to have fun in a video game.

Totes unrelated to this post, but I'm too lazy to scroll back a few pages. Thanks for the rev build, spent a some time in the lab and it finally clicked.

I think VB and AB are pretty awesome, lots of hidden nooks and crannies. Also getting to all the places in the canopy during the day is fun as hell. The AB meta is fun and I think the only new meta that's tuned well. I'd probably like DS a lot more if I didn't crash so much.

TD, while having the best atmosphere, is a hot pile of rear end for getting around and actually playing in.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 2, 2015

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Vermain posted:

Economist doesn't know what he's actually doing; water wet; sky blue; etc.

I would disagree with this, he knows exactly what he's doing; we just don't like what he usually intends.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Daredevil actually has a hidden F3 skill, it works like Steal but instead puts a whiny forums post in your hands. What happens with it from there is up to you.

e: never mind, looks like plenty of people have found it.

I was looking for a berzerker build posted a few pages back, but found something even better, GJ gamin.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Some dude made a meta map timer and Dulfy linked it on her page. Might be useful to add to the OP:

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Anyone having issues logging in? I've been stuck on the loading screen for a while. :(

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Bird "the colors don't match".

Also dressing up a class you don't play. :v:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Don't he pods despawn after someone else opens it? Some random in map hat was saying gun that yesterday and I'm inclined to believe it.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Considering how the rest of HOT has panned out, I expect the raid rewards to be locked behind masteries you need to craft poo poo and will be incredibly expensive and grindy to make. I'm guessing raids will only be worth it if you really want the armor skin.

Then months later Anet will "get it" and pretty much fix everything except for wvw, which they will continually miss the mark on.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

The shield is nice. I've caught the shield bug ever since chronomancer came out and there isn't lame rear end aegis to ruin the skins either.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Lol apparently the raid has been beaten already. I don't think it's going to be a big deal tbh, for reference the new raid in destiny took 5-6 hours after release.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kes, you think the general goon kingdom will be able to do pick up runs within guild as the raids stand? Or will it devolve into a FF14 style mini cliques? That's the thing I really liked about destiny raids, you could still beat it with a random collection of goons you grabbed off the forums.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Merc what time are you leading the raid later this week :v:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kessel posted:

echoing cletus: no

The raids require people to actually pay attention during fights (impossible) and not use halfassed builds. Like, you don't need to bring minmax to the fight at all, but the typical builds posted in this thread starting with "i've been running nomad's and relying on field dispersion in inventions" isn't going to cut it

So that's a no in terms of group fluidity we see in destiny. It's a shame, I'm not a huge fan of the whole static group stuff, just leads to huge amounts of drama in house.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

"This did not come out quite as expected"

This is p. much heart of thorns.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kessel posted:

Due to a family emergency, the two raids I promised I'd lead today will have to be postponed. Sorry.

Hope everything is ok Kes.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm surprised you didn't have access to it sooner, we captured our hall a week later than you guys and we're ~2 days of aetherium away from ours.

well bird, I'm sure they don't force their members to slave away in the mines so you can have nice clothes

Also everything being hated behind a ridiculous grind this xpac has really gotten out of hand. It's so beginner/casual unfriendly, loving Korean mmo's are starting to look more appealing.

A part of me thinks that they put all this dumb rear end gated/grindy poo poo so it keeps people playing and gives then time for content releases. Really stupid.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I think Anet drank too much of the grognard kool aid. Yes people needed more things to do, but making it a larger grind doesn't constitute more content.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a huge drop off soon, I think people are getting fatigued with the game, the grind that's meant to keep people playing longer is starting to turn people away from it because it's so daunting.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

it'd be less of a chore listening to that cd than trying to get the guild armor

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

loving idiot devs actually read their own forums and reddit, without taking it with a grain of salt, is the reason

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

It's not even all that difficult mechanics wise...just scales stupidly high.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

we'll get to see that scene in the new movie in two weeks!

My biggest beef with the xpac is I can't just hop in whenever and get HoT rewards/currency. I pretty much have to have the meta map timer open and if it's not at the right time, then I'm SOL. Overall I've had to devote bigger chunks of playtime to get anything done compared with before.

Silver waters was good because the meta was all player driven and you could get into one at anytime and it would complete.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I keep trying to princess my thief to match birdstaff but the neon blue bits are at war with my inclination towards neutral tones :saddowns:

Diversify your princess portfolio

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Hahaha you're loving idiots if you want hearts rather than events

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Raid trip report: pretty challenging, but fun. Sabetha is probably the best raid counter since the difficulty is more about mechanics than numbers based like Gorseval.

would raid again 8/10

E: 4/10 people had full rear end armor

Lyer fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 16, 2015

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

On the other hand gold got added back into fractals and is actually debatable whether you get more gold now compared to dungeons in the same time frame.

Also raids are pretty good if you're into that type of thing. The general pretty princess end game did get a poo poo ton grindier, so if you liked that before, you will probably not like it now.

Wvw is garbage right now and spvp needs some more tweaks. So whether or not this game is worth 50 bucks to you is dependent on what you're going for.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

E:^ witcher 3 was a vastly better game than FO4

the raids are surprisingly good and you're doing yourself a disservice if you write them off without trying them

that being said the goon organization for raids is terrible and if you haven't tried it because of that, I don't blame your dissatisfaction

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

They really should have done a normal mode and hard mode.

Tune normal mode based on exotics and more forgiving enrage timers, less incoming damage. Let people learn the mechanics then they can hop into hard mode with friends.

Rewards for both modes would still be poo poo though, got to keep with some tradition

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

maybe Anet gave you the aura because it fits your cold personality

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

all hail the eternal (bird) leader

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

No, there's a hero point you can't reach without it. But finding a mesmer with key line shouldn't be too hard at this point.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

mike12345 posted:

seriously? so if I show up in my ghetto gear, I just get kicked?

The entire raid has been cleared with everyone wearing exotics, but requires everyone to have perfect play. The weapons and trinkets let people have leeway with some of the mechanics if you can dps high enough to get the bosses to enter phases ( ie dps fast enough to avoid adds spawning).

E: also most of the dps loss comes from not dealing with the mechanics, avoiding blue circles on VG, avoiding Gorse's knockdown and eggs, Sab's bombs/cannons. I'd rather take someone in full exotics that can deal with the mechanics over someone in full rear end gear that can't.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 2, 2016

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

All you need for high level fractals is AR, with all the cheese that happens, class means very little.

You can't go wrong with zerker rev, but I think each class has a viable spec that does well in the raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

reported for trolling

Venomshare thief is viable, you just don't want it gear up in vipers. (I don't blame you)

• Locked thread