Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Seems like underwater skills were really, really neglected for the Revenant, seeing as how they used to be limited to 1 weapon before a beta patch upping them to 2, but they still only have 1 underwater weapon, but with 2 auto attack skills.

I don't think any of the utility skills worked underwater either. AFAIK the skills lots were just blank :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Nektu posted:

Is it possible to replay a single story instance of LS2? Because I only found a button to replay a whole episode, and doing that several times to get all the achievements is...

Once you press play on the story chapter you wanna replay you'll see purple story instances of the ones where there's achieves that you can go do directly. They show up on the world map and mini map as long as you have the relevant LS2 chapter selected.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Oh man that axe is loving baller

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

You know what would be cool? Buddy dungeons. Retune the content for 2 people! Grab a buddy and dive into some dungeons. Who knows, maybe they give less gold rewards but you can still earn tokens for sweet sweet skins. Extra bonus points if the dungeons were hard, but possible to clear solo if you're on your game.

Obviously would never happen, but it would be pretty cool if it was a thing.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Have they mentioned specifics about what changes they're making to fractals?

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Paging Lazy, gather your disciples for the big leagues.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Surprised at the lack of Llama hype tbh

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Degs posted:

Is there a way to make keybindings a per-character thing?

It's semi-annoying having my elemental attunements be the top bar as ele but engineer toolkits are in the special skills slots while the extra skill they give are in the top slot.

I'm pretty sure that your keybindings are account wide, afaik there's no way to make individual settings for each character.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

treizebee posted:

How long was the average wait for those of you eligible for the "bitter veteran" extra character slot?

Hard to remember specifically, but I wanna say approx 4-5 days after they said they were giving an extra one?

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

CODChimera posted:

If you make a legendary, it gets added to the wardrobe so you could use the skin on two different characters right?

Yup

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Anyone know if stuff you have building in the guild upgrade thing will auto complete when hot launches? Think I'll just barely manage to squeeze guild stash on my bank guild in before the launch, but it'll be by the skin of my teeth! Should have spent less time procrastinating I guess but :effort:

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

'Crystal Reid has a message for would-be raiding champions: “We started a bucket collection for your tears.”'

wildstar raid import confirmed

VVV eh fair enough, as long as you can hop straight in without attunements or any such bs I'll be a happy camper VVV

forkbucket fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 21, 2015

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

I'm really looking forward to the fractal changes. Doing a whole cluster is usually way too long of a time commitment, one and done fractals seem much more manageable. Ugh Friday can't come soon enough!

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

So is revenant! It's everything I hoped for and more. I'm having a blast running around making GBS threads conditions out right and left. Can't wait to unlock Herald for that sweet sweet perma swiftness and self might stacks for world completion!

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

What build are you using? Plan to start mine later today.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXinvNeNS6JvJRVlHlsrykSYW5SJYssrkFPFhtb4ytDCcItymQA-TxyAABW8EAwQJo1KTe+EA6DAwEkzmQUa/hpV/JMlGCcIAeSJEA-e

I'm pretty sure it's this but I'm not in front of my computer so I can't double check. Alternatively you can use jalis for swiftness, the first utility skill ghost road plus mace 3 blast is a quick swiftness. I use Shiro so I can target something waaaaaaaay far away and spam the second utility skill to teleport to it and zoop around the map that way. #misthacks

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Is it just me or do the daily achievements not count towards the Halloween meta?

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

They have two separate skill bars to manage. Weapon skills where you can swap between two weapon sets and utility skills where you can swap between legends (think weapon swap for utilities). These are completely independent of each other.

Weapons come in various flavors: sword for power, mace for conditions, hammer for ranged etc. Legends differ in what kind of utility they bring to the table. Shiro for power mallyx for condi, ventrikkel for healing. Glint (elite spec legend) just meshes well with everything and spits put boons like nobody's business.

You kind of mix and match those to your chosen spec / roll, and go to town, switching between weapons and legends situationally. Admittedly I've only really sunk my teeth into a condition based spec, but the class is a ton of fun!

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Smith Comma John posted:

Turns out that the precursor collection quest ends up costing you almost as much money as buying it off the TP directly :geno:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qe2cv/precursor_journey_complete_the_colossus_steps_and/
All of the work this person put into the extra steps ended up saving them ~80-90g out of ~750g. I think we can safely assume that prices on the required materials are going to spike up even more as people attempt this.

Suddenly my decision to save up a few more gold so I can spend my last penny on a BL skin doesn't seem like such a dumb idea!

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Liberatore posted:

Main issue I can see making it work in PvE is the reliance on Torment, but the Mace 2 makes up for it somewhat.

Towards the end of the beta the designer of the class mentioned adding a torment buff to stationary targets in PvE to one of the traits. That would go a long way towards making condi better in PvE.

As it is now I love slamming the third utility skill (torment field) in Mallyx stance on flocks of pocket raptors. Those little bastards just run around and melt themselves, it's great.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Solumin posted:

Do we know which stats you can choose? Usually you're limited to the default ones, but being able to choose Sinister or Viper's would make it worth using...

Wouldn't you be able to use the mystic forge thing to change it like any other ascended weapon?

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Also mystic salvage kits don't talk robot snark at you while you spam click :colbert:

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Gonna post this here in case people don't know:

Hold down jump (i.e. don't double tap) as you throw yourself off a ledge and the glider will deploy at max height!

The krait obelisk in your home instance that you can commune with for a hero point has been changed and now resets daily along with your other nodes! (living story season 1 reward, can be purchased for laurels and gold if you missed it afaik)

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Dreggon posted:

i think that this is bullshit, as a connoisseur of bullshit

I got a hero point on it for two consecutive days on my Rev :shrug: think it is account wide though, just like the nodes

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I don't know if guides are even out for the Tyria points yet. Other than map completes I'm not even sure how you get them (and if you're doing precursor stuff you probably already map completed)

There's icons on the achievement section of the hero panel with all the mastery points for Maguuma and Tyria. I'm pretty sure that shows the ones you have left to do, like the icon ror the ones you've gotten already disappear.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

I'm sure prices will fall eventually when more mats enter the market.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

I'm late for the rev posting but idgaf, heres my awesome rev:

Sidenote: HoT is loving gorgeous.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Man I forgot how much fun thief is to play. Took a longer break after hot came out after burning out slightly. The other day I felt like playing some so I used my extra hot slot to make a thief and had a blast running around stabbing everything! Looking forward to giving daredevil a whirl. Have any of you pvp gurus had success with a staff build in pvp?

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

I was gonna make a snarky comment about pvp being fixed with the next expansion, but there's a good chance they will have abandoned elite specs by then anyway

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

But there's more of you! :buddy:

Also butterflies

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

IT'S ABOUT GODDAMN TIME ANET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Lonk posted:

I kinda wish I could change my name to She Wants The Sunny D

Is it a 19 character limit? Cause 'She Want Da Sunny D' is 19 characters.

• Locked thread