Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Kessel posted:

scrapper took a big hit in pvp because of the trait reorder. you can no longer take both adaptive armour and the trait that adds stability to your stomp, making function gyro pretty goddamn useless since a wet fart will now push it away

I'm not sure anyone took the stability gyro trait before anyway. I generally just cleave and save my gyro for ressing because you benefit from having multiple people res, but not from having multiple people stomp. The gyro also stomps super slow and dies really easily. As someone else said, you should be throwing elixir b on your teammates who are stomping though. The bigger trade off, I think, is protection on heal vs stability on dodge and hammer damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress conquest.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

i am in a hell

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Dreggon posted:

i wish my games looked like this but even when i play a class i'm poo poo with (thief, mesmer) i tend to win

I only lost a couple games from amber to ruby and now it's this. At least they're fairly close.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

ItBurns posted:

You advanced in rank by winning >50% of your games and now you're winning 50% consistently and cant' advance further? Sounds like the system is working.

The only thing broken is your perception that you're Legendary tier material.

how dare you question my esports prowess

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

MooCowlian posted:

If we can talk about guild wars 2 for a minute, does anyone have any advice for the glint portion of playing power rev? Apart from activating them as I run out of the gates and using the heal for a panic escape, I don't really know what I'm doing.

The fury/stunbreak one has a small cast time now so you can't just mash it when you get stunned anymore. Other than that just watch your energy if you're popping them all at once. I usually start with the boon duration, swiftness, and might ones up. Use the F1 active when I get to a fight, put the firey dragon face thing on the point and turn on the fury one. The heal turns damage into health so it's another good one to use when you get stunned, but that one you don't have to prep ahead of time. The aoe blind/knockbacks are obviously good for securing/preventing stomps.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

e: ^ god damnit now I feel bad

Just what we need, more long winded autists. Thanks a lot, Dale!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Dragonhunter has longbow and traps.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Are the hero point things you get in WvW still soul bound?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

Proof of Heroics are no longer soulbound. Any existing ones that you had Right-click them and -> Consume All. Any new ones you get go directly into your account wallet.

Everything in this patch is good.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

What's the poor man's viper for engineer and necro accessories?

I'm pretty salty after trying to do the living story achievements and getting stuck on the first one with the flamethrower for like an hour. I don't know if it was bugged or what but gently caress whoever's idea it was to gate all the new stat combos behind a bunch of nonsense.

On a more positive note, I finally did some baby fractals and they were super easy/fun. I wish I'd tried them sooner.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Adhesive Gamin posted:

You can just craft exotic Viper's rings/accessories/amulet with a Jeweler.

Oh, I didn't realize that. That'll do, thanks.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

How does AR work with weapons? If you have one set with and one set without does your total AR fluctuate +/-10 whenever you swap?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Lonk posted:

I've considered it. I have a nomad's guardian, a nomad's warrior and a nomad's scrapper atm.

Please stop. We care about you, Lonk. We're going to get you the help you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Magres posted:

Now that you don't have to be in the pvp lobby

Whoa, this might actually get me to play more. I burned out last season when queue times started getting ridiculous. Can you queue from anywhere? I don't imagine they'd let you from wvw, but that would be pretty sweet.

• Locked thread