Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I pitched a plausible scenario in GOON few days ago.

So, you know how Zhaitan is able to remember the lives of those he's turned? Would it not then make sense that Mordremoth would be able to access the memories of the sylvari he's taken?

He's also apparently able to continually resurrect his chosen champions.

So, wouldn't it make sense then, that Mordremoth would be able to bring her back, even more annoying and immortal then before :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

My ranger has fallen on some tough times :smith:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

HoT is good and fun, and I'm glad that guy likes it too

Hope you guys are having fun playing it like I am :)

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

What's the Ad Infinitum t4 look like? Wiki isn't updated yet.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Generic Octopus posted:

You've seen it; it's what the asura in the fractal lab is wearing.

I meant the newly added collection, not the model.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Anyone else having issues logging in? I downloaded the new files, but when I hit Play, nothing happens. Doesn't seem to be any process launching that I can see.

I guess I should delete the .dat and redownload?

e: rebooting and reinstalling worked

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 19, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I decide to check the thread for the first time in months and I'm glad to see we're still packing the freshest memes from the year 2014

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Blarfo posted:

So is it worth it to spend gems to buy some of the LWS3 things I'm missing? Will I be able to solo it all?

How much are they? They're good story content and the maps are really cool so I'd lean yes.

Also yes, everything is soloable except for a few open world bosses.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So I decided to redo the Personal Story for some godforsaken reason and Trahearne had an infinite number of seizures after completing his Wyld Hunt.

https://i.imgur.com/vcOxfJ2.gifv

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 3, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

frajaq posted:

It has been almost 2 years (gently caress time flies fast) since I played this game.

If I buy the expansion now how likely I'm gonna get hosed if they announce another one soon and then make the current one free in the future or something like that

Don't buy it now. In the next month or two, they're going to announce a new expansion, with pre-orders going up not too long after. How expansions work in this is that when you buy it, you're automatically granted all previous expansions. So, if you can wait two months or so, Heart of Thorns will be basically bundled with the pre-order.

That said, they did reduce the price to $30 recently, so if you want to get in on HoT early, it's not as prohibitive.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Is there still life in this old carcass of a game? Is endgame PvE a thing, and how poopsocky is it?

Yes, yes, not really at all.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I haven't played since launch. Even then I only played for maybe 10 hours. Any protips for going in cold 5 years late? Especially a good, survivable class for PvE since that's all I want to see.

Guardian is probably the most survivable class, though anything that isn't Elementalist or Mesmer is probably fine.

General starter tips:
Never just grind on mobs. That's awful. Explore, find events, whatever. Literally everything gets you XP.

Hearts are there to guide you in a direction, but the real core to the game is the events. Do the events and stick around, there's often dialogue or another part to the event. Don't be afraid to follow event NPCs around. They don't walk five feet and despawn, they'll often go start another event, or become a vendor, etc.

Always be gathering! Gathering is good money and xp. You can buy tools at most any random vendor. Sell everything you get at the TP.

Don't vendor items. Nearly everything is better off being TP'd or salvaged.

If you want some easy levels, be a chef. Getting max will get you 10 levels.

There are two different type of consumable buff: food and utility. Have a good +magic find food, and get a Halloween utility candy and keep those up, they're worth bonus xp.

Basically just go wherever you want and do what seems fun. Don't get stuck on completing zones. When you find somewhere new, check it out.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

nessin posted:

I can't find one so I'm assuming it's still no, but did they ever add in a race change option? I made the mistake of leveling my Revenant as Asura and eventually got fed up with playing a small race.

I do still have my 80 boost so I could create a new one, but not sure how hard it would be to restock on hero points this long after HoT was new.

No race change option available. Schpy runs a Hero Point Train on Tuesdays sometimes (depending on interest), so theoretically it would take one evening.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

use http://gw2timer.com/ to see when it DS starts, get in a group like 5m before it starts. you should be fine.

i did this like twice last week without a problem?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

My read on One Path Ends is that we're changing story focus. Instead of killing dragons, we're killing gods.

Braham as the Magneto (except trying to kill dragons) to the Pact Commander's Xavier (trying to save the dragons) would be pretty cool.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

TeaJay posted:

I like that Orr is getting an update finally. Now if they would do a makeover on the old maps considering life should be returning there after personal story.

The idea now is that maps are supposed to be locked in a timeframe. They did that with LS1 and it was generally bad.

I miss old Lion's Arch and non-Tower Kessex

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I am pretty unimpressed with the story in this episode.

Who is Livia? Why did she summon Lazarus, who was no longer a threat, in order to just kill him immediately? I mean, I get that she was pissy about some GW1 stuff, but as a GW2-exclusive player, I don't care about any of this.

The majority of this episode's content had NOTHING to do with the story we've been dealing with this whole season, and was of no consequence, just settling the grudge of a character I don't know or care about. I have to imagine that Livia is going to be a major character going forward, or else why did any of this happen?

Narratively, this sucks. A finale episode is supposed to get me excited for the new content, but I'm mostly just confused and annoyed. They used the finale to wrap up some narrative thread that I didn't previously know or care about, and the only GW2 story progression is a twenty second vision that I didn't understand, so I'm hoping my character clues me in on what anything there was. Even just a short "welp, kralky is gonna get owned, gotta go" would have been nice.

They didn't even give us an expansion name at the end :colbert:

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 26, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

TeaJay posted:

We set the tone of GW2 writing & dialogue quality in the very first conversation when some Priest guy does the chicken-wuss BAWKBAWKBAWK voices to Countess Anise.

This story segment peaked very early, I agree

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I hope that Taimi sticks around as our techno-babble support, gently caress the haters

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i actually enjoy the general group of supporting characters the player has now because they at least have actual personality beyond whatever the gently caress the 'destiny's edge' fuckwits had

Agreed.

Besides Rox, anyway

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

If you think of Braham so far as backstory for an antagonist in the near future (LS4 maybe?), I think he could be the best of the group. I mentioned it before, but he could be a great foil to the Commander character. A short-sighted, impulsive idiot who had become obsessed with destroying the dragons that killed his mother.

Kasmeer has some possibly interesting family intrigue that they've hinted at, and some insecurities due to coming from a disgraced noble house. There's also some nice moments between her and Marjory at the beginning of Flashpoint.

They do need to do something with Marjory and Rox though.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

galenanorth posted:

I just downloaded and installed Guild Wars 2 and noticed the primary goon home server, Maguuma, is full. Which other one do people here recommend?

All servers are linked, so it literally does not matter outside of WvW.

Can we get this in the OP?

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 29, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Important note for you guys who are trying to get the Legendary Trinket: you need 21 Lumps of Mithrillium, which are time-gated to once a day. Start crafting them now.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Totally buying Ultimate when I get home, hopefully the servers have settled down by then

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shockeh posted:

So, does Path of Fire include Heart of Thorns, or do I need to buy both?

Path is $30 base, Heart is $20 if you buy it bundled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Harrow posted:

Yeah, that sounds about right. They could also have a new, PoF-specific gliding mastery that will provide you the basic ability to glide if you don't already have it from HoT, and then some new gliding things that are special for PoF areas. Though, mounts seem like they're probably going to be the big movement thing this time, so there wouldn't be much need for that.

They said it was a stand-alone expansion, so I don't believe that there's going to be much overlap with gliding at all.

Like, I expect it to be completely separate systems. Though I do wonder if you can glide with mounts at all.

• Locked thread