Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

midnightclimax posted:

voodoo tripper holy poo poo I love your outfit!

e: also that rp walk with the balloon and the puking

Thanks bud! Been walking around the human starting zone creeping out new players for the past few nights, and barfing on them. Tryin to get into the halloween spirit.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Thyrork posted:

What a wonderful gimmick. :allears:

I just hit the high point I think.Was creepin on a dude, puking, blinking around/behind him whenever he turned around or got far, etc. Then he turned on his guild tag

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
I just kinda don't get the reasoning behind the dungeon change. Purposefully throwing a wrench into the works to promote something else? Kinda reminds me of the old system of temporary content, which as I remember people didn't enjoy.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Honestly I haven't met a single player who truly unironically enjoys UW combat (inc half a dozen goons posting to disagree with me) so telling your teams "don't bother with a second set of UW legends" makes perfect sense :shrug: People being upset about dungeons is understandable but being mad because there are no new UW legends seems like being contrary just to be contrary.

Also how would you top sharkspear, seriously :cool:

Honestly the underwater ones were the only ones I looking forward to, not because underwater is fun, but because they were the only good ones from the original batch and I am sure the second batch would be the same way.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

This kinda blows.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
The new camera stuff from their live stream looks fantastic, the running while looking the opposite direction and all the crazy targeting stuff is rad.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

This is fantastic.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Hi posted:

Got bored, wasted more transmutation charges and a makeover to turn my prettiest princess into the manliest mancess

Looks real good.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's not nearly as bad as it could have been but still annoying I guess. No dragonhunter for a while :(

Kinda sucks for people who play alot of characters, and hero challenges are maybe one of the more boring things in the game to grind out.So to have to do it over and over, just ugh. I want to play HOT with HOT stuff not with normal poo poo I've been playing for years now. :(

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

kater posted:

Why don't you like having goals?

Ahahahaaha you cant be serious.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Oh man butterfly wings got added? That's even worse news than the 400 hero points.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Everyone should remember to bind the action cam stuff. It's really loving great and I can't imagine playing without it now.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Press and hold the mouse 1 and it auto throws, also you might want to try the new aoe snap to target automatically options.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Lots of really fun stuff going on but MAN the grind is really really bad. Masteries take for loving ever.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Can any one do a tiny effort post on what non-HoT people can enjoy post patch?

Not having the luxury of grinding for bullshit.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If I play three hours a week will I be able to get that stuff within the year?

Probably not.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

do people feel entitled to max out the expansion by the end of the month or something

All the fun stuff is locked behind a shitload of grinding, so like I mean if you love grinding for that year go for it but yea. Most people probably wanted to actually play the elite specs during the expansion content, not after it.
Also there is a whole lot of content gated behind masteries, stuff which seems like it might be fun but I wont know for at least a month (most likely longer because I am already rather turned off).

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 24, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Seriously? Not even the Tyria masteries?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Halloween-Event-Info

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Visidan posted:

I think a good even ground can be reached by reducing it to 1 point needed.

Yea this sounds about right.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

How's the new WvW?

Right now its this

Raskolnikov posted:

So that new WvW map is super pretty and super abandoned. DOA? :ghost:

But uh hopefully people will start playing it for reset. It's really easy to get lost in the little experience I had which was not super fun.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

I dunno. I'm feeling really unmotivated to play, which is a shame. I just want to play Chronomancer and I'm sure I could just put my head down and grind it out and have it in a week of my usual playing but... I don't want to do that. Hunting down hero points isn't fun. But also, I better do it soon, before everyone else moves on and I have to beg goons to help me kill the champs. :ohdear:

Very much feeling this way. Right now without being able to play elite spec the only thing I enjoy from this expac so far is the art design on the maps, but even then playing them can be so goddamn annoying sometimes that I kinda never want to see verdant brink again.

edit: and action cam is rad, but that was some dude making some rad poo poo in his spare time.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 25, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Lost Precipice is great. Lonk and I got creative and made our way up to an area we haven't unlocked yet.

It's very pretty.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
I just spent like 5 or 6 hours decorating/hiding pumpkins in the guild hall. It's so chill and the complete opposite of everything else in the expansion. More chill stuff in the future please.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

Then again, maybe that "something to do" will be "unlock the next elite spec in the next expansion a little faster," who knows.)

Next expac it will be a totally different currency called "Elite hero points" and it will cost 1000.

Edit: also 250 stills seems like too many but I guess its better. Still not looking forward to doing one of the more boring things in the game on all alts though.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 27, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

If you like WvW, you can sort of stockpile Proofs of Heroics to get hero points for your alts. If you don't, then at least you won't have to level masteries again and can pretty quickly snap up the mastery-gated hero points.

I guess that's true, MAG wvw has been super dead since release so I kinda forgot those things even existed. Hopefully it picks up soon.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Why does the cave guild hall even exist, look how pretty Lost Precipice is.

edit:

Hefty posted:

Finally finished. Thanks, Tivac!

Looking Good dude. Dig the boots.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 28, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Thyrork posted:

What hammer is that? :aaa:

Aetherized, has some nice animation too with the pistons shooting in and out.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

God loving dammit I JUST missed that

A client side thing, I had it happen to me and no one else could see it, then Cletus had it. Seemed like a hybrid of the stuff being worked on and complete things.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh man that look SO cool, ugggggggh it's gonna be so long before we get it looking like that.

Already looks better than the other hall even like this, so it's cool.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Made a jp to get to the very tip top of SFD's guild hall, I like this hall a lot.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Aesis posted:

Thanks to Visidian I made it to the top of guild hall!

You are confusing Cletus with me buddy.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
.gif

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Stormgale posted:

For everything except WvW no, I'm pretty sure you can do basically everything with goons if you wanted?

EU and US have different megaservers. So no they could not do those things with most goons.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Even though we fought like absolutely no one tonight SFD (and beer) still made Wvwednesday super fun. Cheers buddies.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Lonk posted:

http://i.imgur.com/tCmyF78.jpg
The end of Dragon's Stand is rad and cool but gently caress the build up to it.

Really wish it look like half an hour to get to this phase rather than an hour+, it just makes me never want to do it again because it takes so godddamn long and is so repetitive.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Visidan posted:

You already have half my poo poo anyway. I'm going to erect a statue of myself in the guild hall then jump off the cliff

With no glider :suicide:

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Captain McStabbin posted:

A clock to see how much time you've wasted and a globe to see where you could've gone instead.

Clock doesn't even work. So uh, nope.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
SFD is the only reason I still log into this game, like I was burnt out on it before the expac but the expac has just made me dislike the game completely. So many dumb decisions it's mind boggling that the original Gw2 is as good as it is. Edit: or was I guess, they kinda gutted it a bit.

Anyways, "Now we are going to put banners in your house" makes me smile every time.

about month ago this happened randomly when I walked by some guy.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 25, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Kitty Fantastico posted:

That's the hateful idiot playing a female charr who stands around talking to themselves in an agonisingly exaggerated Southern accent all day. 80% of it is about Skritt for some reason. Nobody is ever interacting with them, either.

YEP! he talked to me for like 15 minutes without me saying much of anything. I think he actually counted the banners, 153 is weirdly specific.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

klockwerk posted:

Also I think it's really dumb that there was no new EBG map to go along with the new Borderlands. Also it's really sad that WvW is pretty much dead/dying.

Honestly right now EBG is the only map you find people to fight on because it seems most don't like the new maps, so count your blessings I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Vargs posted:

How'd the new armor/weapon skin situation end up working out in HoT anyways? People were predicting a lot of ugly plant sets. Does HoT even have much in the way of new skins at all?

It's pretty much all garbage and there isn't much of it.

• Locked thread