Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

New thread? Time to re-read the OP for no reason!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

omg its a druid staff

:syoon:

edit: wait AND a druid axe

yes

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 12, 2015

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

BIRD STAFF BIRD STAFF BIRD STAFF BIRD STAFF BIRD STAFF

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

damnit i think that article says i'm gonna have to do fractals to get my legendaries now

On the plus side it also means i'll have a copious supply of pve nerds to stomp on in pvp :buddy:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lemon King posted:

Galaxy Axe is Astralaria
Pew Pew Space Pistol is H.O.P.E.
And BIRDSTAFF is well - Raven Staff :haw:

The raven staff is called Nevermore because originality is hard.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

:350:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I like underwater combat cause I can shoot piranhas at people and hang out with my pet shark Bruce :coolfish:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Frenzy doesn't rule.

wow dang so wrong

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Irenio was nice enough to post some druid changes!

Irenio posted:

Hey all,
Since the third beta weekend there’s been a lot of great feedback – thanks!
Below are some of the more solid changes to the Druid since the beta weekend that were made to address some concerns regarding net damage loss in a raid, celestial avatar form feeling gated by staff and glyph reward scaling.

Grace of the Land: This trait has been re-worked. Instead of its former behavior, allies affected by your celestial avatar abilities gain 3% damage and condition damage increase for 8 seconds. This buff stacks 5 times.

Lingering Light: This trait has been re-worked. Instead of its former behavior, when you heal an ally their next outgoing attack will heal them (based upon your healing) and blind their target.

Glyph of Unity: This skill now has a 400 initial effect radius and a 600 radius leash.

Glyph of Empowerment: The radius for this skill has been increased to 600.

Glyph of Alignment: Increased the weakness and cripple duration on this skill from 3s to 5s. Reduced the cast damage by 66%. This skill now applies 3 stacks of poison.

Ancestral Grace: Is now an evade and will immediately end upon reaching your destination.

Celestial Avatar Form: Entering this form now has a 10s CD. Charging of Astral force by healing has been reduced by 40%. Charging of Astral force by outgoing strikes has been increased by 200%. You now retain half your current astral force if you decide to break form early.

Celestial Avatar Form: Skills that heal have had their base heals reduced by 15-25% and increased their healing coefficients from 100-145%. This should leave base heals solid while really rewarding players who elect to use healing power stats.

(Celestial Avatar) Lunar Impact: Reduced the daze on this skill from 3s to 2s. This skill is now ground targeted and will blast finish correctly.
Well wishes,

~Irenio
Bonus: Bristleback Pet F2 is no longer the Sharpen Spines ability. The F2 is now Spike Barrage to give you more rewarding control.

Overall some nice looking buffs to druid. I like this.

And some scrapper stuff too i guess

Irenio posted:

’allo fellow Engineers,
Since the beta weekend there’ve been a fair chunk of posts regarding the Function Gyro, Hammer and Gyros… a bit fewer regarding traits that weren’t contingent on those other components. Below are the more solid changes at this point.

At this point we’re not going to be able to change the elite specialization mechanic very much. There are still going to be changes to it with the possibility for expansion of functionality post-launch.
Hammer was generally well received and many of you pointed out some flaws and potential changes that were in line with our intent for the weapon skills.

Gyros are going to be affected by a systemic change that should increase their survivability quite a lot. In addition to that several changes to how Gyros follow you and their rate of travel were made – they shouldn’t zig-zag randomly about anymore even if you’re not moving and try to stay pretty close to you while you are moving.

Function Gyro – The gyro should appear and begin stomping or reviving more quickly and no longer seek to attack anyone that strikes it, focusing instead solely upon its task of stomping or reviving. The cooldown on the
gyro has been reduced to 20s from 30s and its duration has been reduced to 10s from 15s. This is intended to increase the frequency of availability while still giving it enough time to complete its purpose. The range at which the function gyro can be used has been increased to 900.

Hammer 1 Autoattack Combo: Went in and removed most of the aftercasts from the swings, so this should feel a bit smoother and it is a functional damage increase from the reduced rotation time as well as slightly increased might and vulnerability uptime.

Rocket Charge: Will no longer leap about once you’ve reached your target, instead leaping ensuring that the gap remains closed and your leaps are more closely synchronized. The leap finishers from this ability now happen at the start of each jump, like other leap finishers. Also smacked the bug of this ability being affected by movement-speed.

Shock Shield: This skill now starts you blocking immediately upon and will cease blocking the moment the skill effects end, hopefully giving you better control and sense of the block time so your anticipation and reaction time are more rewarded.

Several Gyros received increased movement speeds to help keep them close to you as you move and some skill changes to make them more effective at their jobs, like increased range on their abilities.

Gyros now start their cooldown upon summon rather than upon gyro death. Medic, Shredder, Purge and Bulwark gyro now have a 35s cooldown, up from 30s. Sneak Gyro needed a cooldown that was longer since it would otherwise have potential 100% uptime, so it now has a cooldown of kitten 45s, up from 30s (its 30s duration remains). This should encourage players to keep them around to gain their benefits for longer.

Impact Savant: This trait now affects dazes in addition to stuns.

Well wishes,
~ Irenio

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 14, 2015

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Xun posted:

What gives you ascended drops in spvp?

The champion loot chests/bags can drop ascended chests sometimes. I've gotten 1 or 2 weapon chests this way.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

WOW that guys is a loving spazz. He reminds me of every ultra dork I hung out with in school (including me).
But man, that action camera is exactly what I've wanted for ages. It's going to save my wrist.

I had to stop the stream because of him buuuuuuut do you hold down 1/LMB or have to click it for each attack while in this mode?

There's a new instant cast setting that lets you hold down mouse 1 to constantly attack with skill 1.

Kessel posted:

Exactly this. The dev who thinks this will be good for engineer nades is dreaming. Oh good let me just point the camera at my feet in a group clusterfuck andhgrjxjdhgehrhfhhhgggjh

(also aiming all your nades at a distance using the crosshair is loving impossible, you'll throw up after a minute of bucking the mouse)

How exactly do you use grenades now? I tried them out very briefly on my engi but all the clicking and targeting just sucked and I went back to ranger.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this guy then proceeded to DC right after the match started. thanks, guy.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Oh my god you mean my pets will actually survive longer than 10 seconds in a fight? :aaaaa:

why the gently caress wasn't this done sooner anet jesus christ

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

This is the superior choice.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

BUTTERFLY WINGS YEAH

YEAH

FINALLY I AM THE BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY PRINCESS I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 20, 2015

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Are the gyros effected by the new 95% untargeted damage reduction for minions?

Yes. All player minions means all player minions.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

guys relax. sit back and listen to some tunes.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Druid got me feeling like:

I'd like to counter this post cause I've been having a ton of fun with druid, in pve and pvp (though I've only done a couple pvp matches so far, and some wvw).

Alteisen posted:

Its really underwhelming, the healing is ok but the most use I seem to get out of it is just keeping my pet alive, the main issue is how the healing skills seem to be based around people being really close or even stacking to get use out of and actually hit people, I can move around and try to get people in the beam but the width of the beam just seems to small, the wisp is cool and helps melee classes, the celestial grace is pretty stupid, it heals allies when you reach your target but for your allies to gain any benefit out of it, i would have to be in melee range so you put yourself at risk and any ranged classes don't get the benefit of the heal.

So for PvE I've been using staff and longbow. Longbow for killing regular mobs like I've always done as a ranger. Staff is just for movement in these cases (staff 3 replacing greatsword 3, I like staff 3 better because you can directly target where you want to go and it feels faster). However if you're in a group, fighting a champion or boss or something (which there are a lot of in this expac, as you've probably noticed) I use staff the majority of the time. The healing on the 1 is basically nonexistent, so I just use it for damage. The 2 is nice to drop on the boss on cooldown for extra healing. The actual healing burst on staff is from dropping the 5, which is a water field, on top of whoever needs healing, and then using the 3 to teleport into it, blasting the water and getting double healing aoe. I have maybe 200 healing power cause I picked the Minstrel staff when I unlocked druid, and this burst heals for about 3k, on like a 12 sec cooldown, VERY long range, and once you get used to it you can pull this off very quickly and save lots of people. People still wear nothing but berserker these days so that's a decent chunk of healing.

Alteisen posted:

Celestial form is so incredibly dull I forget its even there half the time, the skills barely seem any stronger than the staff ones and it doesn't work like death shroud either, its your regular health on the line so don't go down or you waste it.

Celestial form can absolutely poo poo out healing, so much that I don't think even through the launch so far and back in BWE3 I never once died while using it. The 4 skill alone will heal most people, and yourself, back up to 75%-100% and if they still need more you drop the 3 on their heads (which has a much bigger radius than the 1 and is much easier to land) for another huge burst of healing. The 3 also destroys boss break bars (I use moment of clarity to double the daze time). The 1 I agree is too small of an area and way too slow to cast, you have to lead your target like crazy or tell them to hold still or you'll never hit them. The 2 is a decent heal, good condi cleanse and a light field also, so projectiles also clear condis. I rarely use the 5 except in pvp, it's damage and cripple/immobilize only.

Alteisen posted:

The biggest issue is how even if you're using your elite spec you can't really mix and match with druid, you HAVE to take the glyphs, the entire sub class is built 100% around the glyphs and they fundamentally alter the class when you go celestial.

I don't use glyphs in PvE, I feel you need the glyph trait to really make them worth it and in the open world I use the movement speed trait instead. I do use them in PvP though, Glyph of Daze and Glyph of Conditions (whatever they're actually called I don't remember), with the trait to give them more condi cleanse. They're honestly not bad, though I'll need more time in PvP to really give a better opinion. I run soldier stats too so I'm tanky enough to be able to heal myself and teammates. Staff in PvP is still really good just for the 3, plus the long distance damage on the 1, the 4 can break yourself out of immobilizes, chills, and cripples, and the 5 lets you just rofl at rangers when they rapid fire you. The 5 wall is also hilarious in wvw when a zerg tries to shoot you through a chokepoint and you're just like, nah. Flowers.

I really think druid is a lot of fun and well made. It's not perfect, of course, but it's not garbage or worthless like I've seen a lot of people saying.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I got this bitchin' new skull bow and updated my outfit to match.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Alteisen posted:

What gear? Maybe druid is just a bad fit with a condi build.

2 carrion, 3 beserker, 1 rampager. Just threw on the carrion pieces to get a bit more vitality.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Interesting combo.

What runes you rockin

The stats combo is part of the expert strategy of "whatever i had lying around in my bank"

I use privateer runes cause I like birds.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Azzents posted:

I need this bow for my grimdark skull charr. Where did you acquire it?

The amazing pro elite method of opening a champ bag

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I finally got my Druid Shoulders and they look pretty boss with my spooky outfit.

They actually have all the ranger pet families represented on them! Including a shark!! They're super tiny and hard to see though. (dyed white to maybe make them show up better)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

they're finally adding the outfit for the only actually interesting human god

Can't escape its gaze

also grenth is way more interesting, he was just an adventurer dude who killed a god and became the god and made his guild mates into grim reapers

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Charr in the Lunatic Guard outfit look Rad As gently caress™

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 28, 2015

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Uziduke posted:

Is there a currency you need to grind?

You need the itzel mastery to access the vendor and then you buy it with Airship Parts.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AzureSkye posted:

e: ^^^ it already is. Some guy on reddit made the colossus and only saved 60g on what he would have spent on the AH, plus theres the time he spent doing the collections.

Sucks to be me, I want the Nevermore and the precursor crafting is the only way to get it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

This game is pretty.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

objectively the best new pet. look at that adorable face :downs:

Cuddles also says hi:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

quote:

Removed Minstrel Amulet. Anyone who has purchased this amulet will be refunded their gold.

I finally find something fun to play in PvP and Anet takes it away. :smithicide:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

malhavok posted:

So what's the bullshit dragonhunter build?

All of them.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Raids and stuff coming mid-November! PvP League starting Dec 1! Wintersday Dec 15!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Riftling posted:

As a returning player who's here mostly for PvP and some casual PvE, Mastery feels...okay. I would just settle for indicators telling me which masteries are needed for story missions, because I spent a night unlocking the upgraded glider mastery to find out I should have been working on the mushroom jumping mastery instead, since I need that for my next story mission.

The only real ire I have is I was peeking at Tyria masteries and saw the devs actually implemented auto-loot, but gated it behind the top-tier Tyria masteries. And it looks like a lot of mastery points are from the Living Story or Fractals, neither of which I'm super interested in playing (or purchasing).

If you mouse over the mastery it should have a tooltip that says "Heart of Thorns: 3" or some other number. It's not actually explained in game anywhere but this indicates that quest #3 requires said mastery.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I acquired the Bladed Coat and my ranger has taken a serious turn for the anime

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

That ain't anime, it's some kind of bondage poo poo imo

It's only getting better

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

malhavok posted:

Where did the bladed coat come from?

You gotta get in a Verdant Brink map that gets to Tier 4 nightfall -- aka killing all the canopy bosses once the choppers are up.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thyrork posted:

Cloromancer. :sun:

Chloromancer is already in Rift and it is still my favorite MMO class I've ever played. :420:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Butterfly Mode Mark II engaged

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

and with the release of the dragonfly wings my outfit is ready

ready to rule the princess skies

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i feel prettyyyy~

oh so prettyyyyy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ItBurns posted:

Oh hey, it's some sylvari wearing cultural armor.

Jealous.

• Locked thread