Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Illuyankas posted:

If they could make minigames where the glider controls like the plane in Diddy Kong Racing then we'd be talking

As long as it plays this music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Dorkopotamis posted:

I played world of warcraft for six months at release and then close to a year after the second or third (the one with death knights) expansion and I don't think any of the launch dungeons had changed from launch. I don't think that that's good, it just might be the precedent.

They actually have updated the launch dungeons since then, usually 1-2 with each following expansion. WoW dungeons also served as decent leveling tools and gave better than average gear to help leveling further.

I haven't really done many of the guild wars dungeons so it's hard for me to say what their real purpose ever was other than "Well we have to do dungeons everyone does dungeons."?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Lonk posted:

Remember when Arenanet was highly against grinding in their games? Welp.

Were they ever? Because I remember the first game. Anything beyond completing the campaign mission was basically nothing but excessive grinding.

Looking it up, the "Drunkard" title required 10,000 minutes being drunk, though they've changed that to only "10,000 drinks".

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

This is a super cool name generator.

Especially when you turn on just Rapper and Transformer.

Behold, it is Tyria's savior, Method Bone Predaking.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Thyrork posted:

Am I supposed to remove the name to protect the innocent? :ohdear:

No, you should never hide the glory of Koss and His name.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlmECL2ED2I

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Kajeesus posted:

I don't like to resort to name-calling or anything, but if you don't want to grind, you don't have to grind.

I don't have to get to 80 either, or do dungeons, or play at all for that matter, or...

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

A goon friend helped me get a bunch of hero points, now I look rad:

Now to figure out a build and gear.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Libertine posted:

Looks really awesome. Nice!

Thank you! I was reluctant to spend so much gold on the hammer skin but drat if it's not fancy.

klockwerk posted:

This is what I've been using in WvW and PvE on my scrapper:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTB1ahtbBeeBEqil7ii+0b9aHcBjwAQsg+hcA-TlhAABg8AAuZ/B0U+BpSQAuAAmq+DA-w

Sometimes I switch around a bunch of the firearms traits depending how I feel. You kinda can't go wrong in that trait line.

This build also gives you plenty of Elixirs to stack might with: Elixir H + Toss, Elixir Gun 4 + 5. You can optionally drop Slick Shoes for another Elixir (take S for a great "Oh poo poo" button, take B to start of your terrifying burst). Another elixir also means another elixir toss!

A good easy opener is just taking out your FT, hitting Air Blast, and following it up with a Flame Blast + Detonate.

Cele gear means that you somewhat depend on might stacking to do damage, but it makes that up being nearly unkillable. In PvE and WvW stacking isn't an issue since you can just stand around with your Flamethrower out till you meet an enemy.

Take Mass Momentum in the Scrapper tree for stupid ridiculous might stacks.

Sneak Gyro gives you another lightning field on a short CD. I often switch it out for Mortar for more damage and yet another Elixir.

ItBurns posted:

I have fully cendy zerkers gears on mine with a hammer and HGH build and it falls squarely into the area where you can kill pretty much anything before it hurts you. The only thing that it could improve on is the cooldown on elixirs and the static field.

And thanks for these! I was thinking of going more Soldier gear since I didn't want to be squishy but if it works as well as you guys say then I might as well give it a shot!

I can get some easy berserkers from the temple but how do you get Celestial gear? And what should I spend my laurels on?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Morshu posted:

So anet posted this image on their twitter for their style sale or whatever, but I noticed that kickass rifle that the norn in the middle is using

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT94ahhWEAEv3wG.jpg:large

Does anyone know what skin that is? I don't recall seeing it in the wardrobe.

I'm gonna feel real lovely if it turns out I just bought two expensive pact fleet skins and they bring them back causing the prices to drop. :v:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

No idea what this guy's deal was. I guess he didn't want us doing the event? Either way gave me a good laugh.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Not related to the current conversation, but the blue cloud aura I mentioned here

appears not to be tied to the bee gem, or in fact any piece of equipment, but my character herself. I stripped off every piece of equipment and it's still loving there I am stuck with this stupid cloud for the rest of my in-game life aren't I

You got the stunk birbleader. There's no cure, sorry.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I'll probably never get a Legendary, but I mean that is another direction they could have taken it. Making them more accessible instead of a super bullshit grind, but I guess that would have upset another group of people. It kind of sounded like that was their goal with the new collection thing for them, but then nope! Some of them are even worse than just trying to make it normally somehow????? I don't get it ANet.

And the whole thing with only Outfits and Black Lion Chest weapons being the only new stuff is kind of wearing real thin.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Sure, Blizzard puts out the same formulaic expansion every 2 years. But Arena Network has always been innovative, and with Heart of Thorns they re-defined what can be called an MMO expansion.

Agreed. I think it's really brave of ANet to forge new ground and call what they gave us a "fully -fledged video games MMORPG Content Expansion"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Poniard posted:

A clan? Like a cool clucks clan?

Obviously all the kool kids replace c's with k's.... wait poo poo

• Locked thread