Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Is this the new wildstar thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Goddammit I want my pre order hat but I'm too lazy to bother support for the requisite 3 weeks to get it.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

They did and it was stupid.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

midnightclimax posted:

I did leatherworking and huntsman to 400. But is there anything cool you can do with huntsman? LW at least lets you craft Sinister gear.

I think you need to to make piquant plant food but other than that no

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Dreggon posted:

or you make a revenant and just straight up get banned

stay safe poverty ghost

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Sharkspear rules, Kraitkin rules, Frenzy doesn't rule. 2 for 3, yeah, that's pretty solid :black101:

Whoa, them's fighting words, Frenzy is the best of the lot.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Was there a goon who said they wanted the Kraitkin precursor? One just dropped for me so I can sell it to you or something :downs:

well, its not like its something important like the frenzy pre

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Just bought the expansion, I have no idea what's going on but reaper is the tits, and the new zones are fun as hell. Its like every button is "melt enemy". Also there's something about masteries and guildhalls, those seem cool too.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Goddammit anet, let me log in, I have to save these frog men from the plant bros.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

If you want the same thrill, just throw in all the random poo poo green and yellow sigils and runes you get from salvaging. Maybe you'll get a Strength rune out!

Wait you mean there's something else I could be doing with all my crap runes and sigils?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Also I finally know what it feels like to get nibbled to death by the pockets. Up till now I've recognized that large groups of small dinos would be dangerous (this first time I saw a pack I thought of jurassic park :v:)

But today I accidentally aggro'd three groups. I was dead before I knew what was happening.

That's when you turn on your second health bar and aoe the little bastards. Don't worry if you miss your minions will take care of it.

(I am loving reaper mm faceroll)

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Someone asked earlier about the faceroll reaper build, I have death magic and reaper and god knows what else, just pick some traits and throw some minions on your bar. I have a shout on there too if that helps, I think its suffer. I assume its really easy since I don't think the mobs are overtuned, but I haven't been playing the expansion for long, and I could be in for a very rude awakening. Its all very face tanky, hell sometimes I forget I have a second weapon set.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

No Pants posted:

I switched to minions when I got tired of having to do things like think about which abilities to use and dodge, and the important parts are Blood Magic for the Vampiric minor trait, Death Magic for the obvious minion buffs (especially Death Nova), and Reaper for "Rise!".

I'm 10 HP away from rise, and I'm super looking forward to it. I think the trait that raises a jagged horror when you kill an enemy is helpful as hell though.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Reaper is the cool kid class that makes fun of the other elite specs because they can't get dates for the prom.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

Honestly, I couldn't be happier if I could play Guild Wars 2 and never have to worry about filling out another heart ever again. Hearts are traditional MMO quests with the goal numbers filed off while events are what really make the pickup-group combat shine, which is one of the other things I like about GW2. Obviously only having about one event chain per zone isn't great, but I think that the HoT zones have really improved on that, and I really like pretty much any point on the map having something going on in it at any given time.

Basically, there's not a single heart that I've finished and stuck around to keep doing what I was getting heart progress for, but there are plenty of events I jump at the opportunity to join when I see they've popped up near me.

If there were rewards I would throw water on drunks and feed the bunny spirit all day.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

Five hundo gems.

Finally my engi will be complete

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Hahahaha I knew that was gonna be a thing, loot has always been an issue in guild wars.

How many bosses are there anyway?

74, both they and the drops are randomized

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is anyone else (especially outside the US) having major ping/latency issues tonight? Some oceanic guys in SFD are having multi second pings, and I'm pretty hosed too, about 30 second chat lag, etc.

Now you'll never know I called you fat.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

boho posted:

a different color for your Mesmer Shatters.

I would buy so many gems if they put this in the store.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

It really should be a sweatervest.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

HoT gave us the reaper, and confirmed that anet can only go so long before making necro stupidly OP. I knew it was just a test of time and commitment to the class. And here we are and I get to be smug as gently caress. HoT best expansion since elona.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Omg, really? Aetherized skins drop in fractals now?!

gently caress yes, disco spear at last.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Laphroaig posted:

i got a bee gem yesterday after killing Gorseval, woot me, it looks terrible but at least its worth 999g99s99c

How dare you

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

No, Ethiopia.

God I wish ethopia was in charge of poutine. It would taste better.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

As the most stoned/drunk person to play gw2, I can assure you its a thing that is noticed, and if you're too wasted to realize it then maybe you should just suck it up

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Illuyankas posted:

e: on a side note sylvari are the worst to pretty princess up as if I want to swap their armour or weapons over, I feel obliged to change their skin colour to match which gets expensive - seven of the 13 total makeover kits I've used have been on salads alone.

That's exactly what makes them the best to pretty princess up. :colbert:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

This Rise nerf is bullshit

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

What did they nerf on Rise?

“Rise!”: Reduced the damage reduction from 50% to 33%. Decreased the health of shambling horrors by 25%. Minions now have 20% reduced toughness.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Well drat.

I never played HoT necro so I have no idea if this was needed or not, was Rise overpowered or is Anet just vindictive?

It was glorious, like a return to the magical days of gw1 overpowered faceroll necro. I'd been waiting for this poo poo since launch and prophesying the return of it since beta.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Look some of us are really bad at video games and need rise to be facerolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Baron Snow posted:

Default Builds
Default Builds is a new feature for PvP equipment that allows players to select from a list of preconfigured builds. Selecting a default build from the new drop-down list on the Equipment tab in the PvP Build panel will automatically swap out weapons, upgrades, skills, and traits.

* Each profession has two default builds.
* Each build has notes to describe strengths, weaknesses, and play style.
* Weapons are equipped from the inventory if available, otherwise free weapons will be created.
* Any locked runes, amulets, or sigils will be offered for purchase upon selection.

I'm going to be really disappointed if the default builds aren't Hamstorm level quality.

• Locked thread