Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
I can't wait for even more gfx fx to make it even easier to see wtf is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
So that is $400,000 that they could have used to fix other poo poo. I've got bad news for Anet but the esports ship has already sailed and it doesn't have GW2 on board.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Turncoat Mommy posted:

guild wars 2 is already recognized by the prestigious ESL organization like fuckin forever ago. the esports ship has been sailing with gw2 on board for a while now

Viewer numbers on twitch for the Cologne finals were on average around 3,000 with the finals getting around 9,000 viewers on twitch. The year before that was around 2k (?) I think. They aren't to magically increase those numbers. I don't have a problem with them offering cash but $400,000 is just flushing money down the toilet.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Kajeesus posted:

When people say "Friday midnight," they mean like 4-10 hours from now, and not 24+ hours from now, yes?

I believe it is around ~11 hours from now.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Your Computer posted:

What's the best course of action when it comes to excess materials for someone who doesn't have the :10bux: to spend on material and bank expansions? I'm honestly a bit peeved at it since there's so little space available and so many things that take up space (even more with the expansion), it feels like the scummy "oh, it's free to play, you just gotta pay if you want to keep your items" that you expect from mobile games. There's so much stuff that's account bound too, so I can't even sell it :geno:

e: even stuff like boosters. I was so happy with the Boost Enchantment Powder, but even with it I still have eight different types of boosters taking up space. Ugh, I'm so mad at video games :(

Store some on your alts that you don't play. I don't know if it is still possible but you could have made your own guild and constructed guild storage.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

RottenK posted:

unopened batwing brew prices are crashing pretty fast

i guess i should've sold the one i found several days ago, was hoping that the whales and special snowflakes will all rush for the bat shoulders and keep the price high

They are going to go up again after the event. Also it's like 3k to craft those shoulders and most people would probably just buy another legendary instead.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Is there anymore content after the first raid boss? If not that is one short raid wing.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Didn't beat him but seemed kinda easy. Only problem was optimizing builds and gear for max dps. Most groups seem to wipe once the enrage timer kicks in. I only did around 50 minutes of raiding though.

e: perhaps I just got luck with the group I was running with but dps seemed to be the only problem

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 18, 2015

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Watching some raid streams and I noticed that green circles seem to spawn on a repeat timer. Every 13 seconds but I count fast so whatever. It seems to be faster during his split phase? Well good luck to anybody who is raiding.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Rakeris posted:

Guess that's a no, soon then?

They scrapped raids and new legendaries. New endgame is getting scribing to 400.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
To join SFD you need to pay the butter tax. Send 100 stacks of 250 butter to Arus.

Nice try spy. Also rip wvwvw.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Good luck finding anybody to fight with that player limit.

They should have hired a couple of people with a clue with all that esports money.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Enrage timers are actually pretty generous. It's just that most people probably feel like they run into a brick wall with little progress at the start. Also ya'll should turn on cheat mode with double Mesmers running those Distortion wells until they fix that.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
I've seen people play venom share on Gorseval/Sabetha and it seemed alright.

e: somebody already said it but knowing the mechanics is the most important part.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 2, 2016

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Alacrity changing from 66% faster recharge to 33%. Chronomancer is DEAD.

Rip mesmer, well of precog changed to aegis, and chaos armor applies weakness.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Attestant posted:

So what new hot content is the gold maker of choice now?

Raids are actually a pretty good source of gold for around ~1 hour of play once a week. Fractals and gathering are also good money makers. Besides that there isn't much else I can think of. HoT severly reduced liquid gold and nerfed a bunch of older stuff like SW. T5/6 prices are also in the crapper.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

malhavok posted:

The big balance patch is today right?

Yup, I can't check but people are already complaining about some stealth nerfs.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's not out yet though?

I've no clue but there is some Mesmer already complaining about Mirror Blade/Blurred Frenzy getting a precast or aftercast.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Is water spirit not healing pet a bug or a feature?

Feature and a good one. Nobody cares if a ranger pet croaks.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Sorry my bad, one day I shall be great too.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

knowonecanknow posted:

My second attempt at raids and I'm excited. I've only ever ran my ele with staff should I just use my thief for the raid or at least 1st and 3rd boss?

You can run staff ele for all three in the first and second raid wing. Thief is OK but in the end it all depends on the group composition and experience in the group.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Hello Sailor posted:

If my activity level in the game is basically "tool around doing map completion for an hour or two", my skill level is "equip flamethrower kit, press 2 when it's off cooldown", and I'm a filthy poor, are there any viable options for getting my hands on ascended gear? I need it to compensate for my terribleness.

e: Also, is there anything to do with all this butter besides mail it to Arus?

Do guild missions and do lower level fractals (1-20) for ascended rings/trinkets/etc. Once you have those attune your rings and try for medium fractals (21-50) and try to get weapon crafting to 500. Craft a ascended weapon and keep doing medium fractals until you can buy/craft the ascended back. Hope for RNG to give you infused ascended rings that you can attune. Buy the potions if you need them to do champion fractals. Keep doing 3 daily champion fractals and you should get a ascended armor/weapon box drops every other week. Basically fractals (lvl 51+) are your best bet if you are casual and poor.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Cheapest and easiest is champion fractals. Drop rate is around 10% I think. You can raid for 10 weeks (2 Spirit Vale runs a week) and sell a ghostly infusion for a ton of gold.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah I was just teasing/mocking Arus about doing raids for ascended items. The raids wings have been pretty fun and I actually hope they fix lfg/add easy mode so that more people can try them.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

quote:

"You guys wanted depressed, low budget Iron Man rip off, right?"

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Visidan posted:

Big hoo hah on reddit over wooden potatoes new rant video, he's thinking about quitting the game over the legendary announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im3UMwYQHMw

Pretty funny. Anet is so hosed in the PR department. Better to clam up and not say poo poo but noooooo they want to be more open, hahaha.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Illuyankas posted:

Set the DR model in a devastated battlefield map, add gates throughout the city, do a White Mantle/bandits vs Krytan forces siege and try really hard to make Logan single again with some regicide

If they killed Logan he'd be single and there would be one less boring character. Do it Anet!

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
EST

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm not particularly sure why a large patch that's supposed to 'improve' the state of things isn't going to have details revealed until the day-of, but okay

No content.

Just like my posts.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Fifteen of Many posted:

I was under the impression the extra character slot was only initially included of you preordered, or if you buy the middle of the three tiers available for HOT. If I'm wrong that would be great.

When I bought the basic edition of HoT it only came with 5 character slots.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Magres posted:

I finished all the Central Tyria masteries by just doing my daily Fractals on a regular basis

Same, if you want to keep your sanity just do the daily high level ones.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

17-22fps

Get out Trump supporters and your dedicated graphics cards.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Kessel posted:

I thought my previous system was a potato but this is just tragic.

It's powered by dead by dead Asura bodies. Everytime one of these half-rat koalas dies my system gets one more second of life.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Please stage an intervention for Lonk. Next thing you know he'll be putting cheese curds and gravy on those.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Dulfy has the Construct and Xera fight up on her YouTube channel if you are curious.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Bernie voters spotted. Please build a wall around this threat and demand 10 Legendary Insights for each post.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Kessel posted:

where's the link to the guild clearing the first wing in nothing but blues, greens and a single day's budget

edit - found it. their rule was blue, green and at max 3 gold per player, including runes and food
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4glido/ivt_3g_budget_raid_wing_1_clear_in_masterwork_gear/

Isnt that all before they nerfed burnzerker, chrono, engi, and so on? I am sure it's still possible to do it but you'll probably need to play way better now.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
They did kill off the one that shall not be named (cause he is boring as gently caress) and now we just need Logan to die and everything will be a-ok in my book.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

quote:

The problem with GW2 and I've talked to people in the decomp and datamining projects for it. Is that each body variation and skin type has it's own textures, A-Net didn't design it like say, Skyrim or another sensible game, where each race has only a single 3d model, texture, normal, and then various detail maps stuck to it. They designed each race variation as it's own entity with it's own meshes, textures and normals, and details attached to it. I means each one looks unique and incredible(Seriously check out the sylvari),
but it makes projects to modify them hard. Because you're looking at modifying at minimum, 5*10*4(3d asset, texture asset, normal asset, and a detail map) files, assuming each race only has 10 variations. It's why they have so much trouble adding new armor sets, especially for the beast races in the game. 

Directly from loverslab. Also I deny everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
You are better off using signet for healing when you are doing solo play. It means you can poo poo out more phantasms and you have enough survivability with shield, distortion, etc.

• Locked thread