Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

UchihaHirou posted:

What are these T1/T2 weapons and armor that the article is talking about? Are they already in game? Is it the Mistforged Weapons from the past WvW Tournaments?

The armour is the Triumphant and Triumphant Hero sets, which have two of the top 5 heavy asura helms in the game

also you're the best, Merc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

a betapult, surely

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Erdricks posted:

My biggest problem is that I love my ele, but gearing for world events/map exploration is totally different than for raids/fractals/etc and I am way too lazy to keep switching gear skills and traits around.

Game needs build presets so badly. Bring back the town clothes button, but just make it an alternative set.

Could always do what I do, which is have an ele for every occasion

speaking of, I forgot asura existed for a while there but then I remembered

sorry

I'm not sorry

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Harrow, buy pieces of the less useful, cheaper alternative while you work your way up. For wvw credit buffs would be fine, unless it's significantly different from pve; I've done events in a tonic transform doing nothing but firing the birthday blaster, and got event credit purely on the boons and conditions from the field combos (the cakes are projectile finishers) and no actual damage. It's not good credit, mind you, and sometimes you don't contribute enough if there's enough people, but that's just a tonic and a toy gun. Your intermediate wvw suit would be fine.

And thanks, man. I will admit that a goon in the old thread named that one, by which I mean I shared a screen, they said the name, and I renamed it immediately - totally legit - but I have alts that exist purely because I thought of a name I liked and this is probably part of the problem, isn't it?

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 5, 2017

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Frush posted:

I read it too!

Really enjoying the engineer so far. Noone told me I'd get a flamethrower! It's amazing fun and I really hope it does well into end game. :flame:

Still confused about a lot though. Might as well ask!

-After your first personal quest is done, what do they want you to do until lvl 20? Roam around and do events and renown quests? I assume I'll need to know after that one too.
-Seems there was a big update a while ago but it's hard to get and idea of which builds are still relevant. Any up to date sources?
-Is it worth worrying about crafting now or should I wait until later and come back? Inventory space is killing me between having to hold stacks of tools and a million random mats
-Is there a better way to get leatherworking/Huntsman mats? Most of mine have been drops.
-What is 'Condition'? Equivalent to Stat chance?
-Is there a way to rebind some skill positions on the bar?
-I've seen combos/finishers mentioned in some skill tooltips, how to I utilize those?

- There's roaming around doing events and bosses and stuff, world completion, crafting, tomes of knowledge (basically a level up in a book) available from WvW and sPVP, a few others; and yeah each story step is ten levels after the next, not my favourite change tbh
- for low level pve stuff you really can pick whatever, but generally gear with either power or condition damage primary is safe for the whole levelling process, depending on what you're playing
- click the cogwheel icon in the inventory and use Store All Materials, they'll be in your bank (also you can access the bank and materials tab from any crafting station)
- generally it's farm or buy off the trading post, you'll be fine doing it as you go
- Condition Damage is the stat governing the damage over time effects like bleeding, poison and burning - you're having fun with the engi flamethrower so trying out condition damage gear will get you bigger numbers when you immolate mobs - Precision is Critical Chance incidentally
- not so much skill positions, but you can rebind keys so visually your heal will be in the sixth slot on the bar but can be 1, X, Mouse3, Shift-PgDn or whatever button you want it to be
- Some skills are Combo Fields, like flamethrower's 4 skill is a fire field, and some skills are finishers, like the bomb kit's toolbelt skill is a blast finisher; they do different effects depending on what finisher and what field you use - read this for more info

Basically have fun doing whatever you like doing, though I definitely recommend exploring everywhere. Also salvage kits have a right click salvage all function, the five starter zones have their first waypoint unlocked for free so feel free to try them out if you want a change of scenery, your stats are scaled down but your exp remains the same so you get progress per your level but don't effortlessly stomp everything (still easier ofc), and typing /wiki [question] will bring up the wiki page for your enquiry straight away

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Seconded

e: also you can still get credit on some events even if you don't have the poison mastery yet, sometimes the mobs will run out of the poisoned area and one tag gets you bronze credit and the mastery point

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Some of the t1 collections can be pretty fun. I'm sure the t3 collections are great too but the t2 grind immediately asks you to stump up 35 deldrimor ingots - unless it's an aquatic precursor which needs about 5 - and it's just too much pointless grind imo

E: Hot music wise I loving love the Rata Novus ambient music

Also chilling at Acan's

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 10, 2017

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Trebuchet King posted:

I'm working on Astralaria now, on part two--since it's an HoT leggo I can't just buy the precursor, and I liked part 1. I've got the axe haft and axe hilt parts done, now it's pretty much just doing the currency parts.

Dry Top and Silverwastes map completion gets you a hundo of each currency if you have the alts for it and haven't done much in them, and are super quick

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You do two story steps dealing with introducing your character's race and their priorities, each has three different paths at each stage based off char-gen choices

Third is deciding which order you join for the rest of the game, you do three missions where you pick between 2 orders at a time then make a decision

Then the order story where you do ordery stuff and hang out with your mentor, which varies from passable to my main man Tybalt who owns

Next you pick one of three subraces (which three are based off which race you are) and do some boring stuff with them for, like, three missions

Finally you go to an island and the storyline drives off a cliff and this is where the final free Black Lion key reward is so I don't remember what happens next

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Kassad posted:

The last two story arcs are helping Trahearne unite the orders in the Pact and the invasion of Orr.

Ah yeah, where you get some more choices to pick which set of three missions you do, and each one has a clearly superior choice; the friendly fire step and the golem with a giant fuckoff chest beam step respectively

And then Victory or Death at the end, quality storytelling

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Yep, one you gain access to by being Good at PVP and not with cash

the 0.01% area

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I could only stay for about 35 mins but most of the people willing to admit how many they found had found between 0-4, Johnny was on 8 and Arus tried to use a jump pad but broke it

it was great

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It's a shame, cause I enjoy most of the DS meta and don't mind the rest but I've got a stack of 100 machetes just from the free daily ones out of the leyline matter converter since the last time I did it

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You can also just craft 8 slot bags with probably the first few mats you ever get

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You people are crazy

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Considering the source I still feel justified in my statement

I could barely do it four times, and only one of those didn't need all of WvW done as well

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Never thought we'd see that character back

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Orr d'oeuvres

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

*Orrendous

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I read all the dialogue at least once, in case there's something only mentioned in conversation that's intended as a clue for the mission/quest, but I skip all spoken lines after I've read them and not being able to is a living hell with the new ingame cinematics

Say what you will about the old immersion breaking conversation dimension, you could skip it if you wanted

(I used to read all the books in Morrowind too, but there are only so many hours in the day)

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Nothing says you're good at a video game like the ability to fulfill a shopping list of daily meaningless tasks for multiple weeks

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Wonder if that's meant to be Livia's voice at the end

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I Cantha leave, it's not butter

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Second birthday gets you a gun that shoots cakes

Third and fourth gets you a gem store dye from a list for free, more recent the birthday the more recent and expensive the dye

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh, and you get insta level scrolls, 1st and 2nd are level 20, 3rd level 30 and 4th level 40

Can't wait to see what level the 5th birthday ones raise you to!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Pros:
Five character slots by default instead of two
More bag slots
Self respect
Increased size and girth of both penis and breasts
Developing, like, seven new erogenous zones
Slight telekinetic power
Metal legs

Cons:
Mapchat

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It's the concept where a guy in a conversation with or involving a woman replies in a condescending way explaining the exact point she just said

I've been revising my internetology recently

e: also agreed, gently caress reddit

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Who's ready for the expansion announcement last Living Story Season 3 episode?!?!?!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

malhavok posted:

drat, why are the abaddon weapons two tickets instead of one?

The collection reward for collecting all sixteen is still 7 tickets

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

new 1% space zone owns

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I checked that reddit page and they have a video of the hammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6STAefoONY

It's, uh... very different at night

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

After his SA probation ends maybe

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I wish Rox wore shades. Or had eyelids. Or lost her eyes in a terrible accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Throwing a vote in for the airship as the best nonspace 1% area; it's central, it's compact, it has an activities npc, the hissing got patched out ages ago, you can just glide off for krytan vista and forager dailies, it's pretty handy
E: it's not in a city so doesn't take an age to load

• Locked thread