Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

This game good yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Scarlets plant submarines will have their day.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

and so it begins because it's better than grinding the slog that is the xpac mobs.

HP = Challenge right guys?

E: I mean what I'm saying is I'd love to play with *any* of the new elite specs but I didn't spend the requisite amount of time poopsocking to be allowed to play them pre-expansion.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 24, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

In the end I can say that the HoT zones feel exactly like what the "GW2 is too casual/no endgame content" crowd was asking for, for better and for worse.

Depends on who you're using as a source for that concept though. I'm one of the people that felt GW2 had very little end-game content, but the casuality of it was not the downside. Outside of skins or pvp there was very little to set as an achievement once you had done the world pre-xpac, unless something is wrong with you and you needed to complete every cheevo on the list or something. Part of that feeling was that dungeons were, and still are, a completely uninteresting slog. Replacing that with a multi-week/month grind depending on your play time is not the solution to that. Its neither interesting, fun, or worth $50.

Raids look good. Story content would look good if it wasn't mastery gated, new elite specs would be great if people could actually play them without poopsocking for 2 weeks. All said and done this will probably push me over into playing PvP more now since I have zero desire to grind poo poo out on the PvE side. Mobs suck balls with too much HP and a shitload of burst damage, healing skills can barely keep up with the damage you take even in full knight/soldier gear, and Elite specs take way, way, way too many points to unlock.

People wanted something new to do with the expansion, which they were given, but ANet did a complete 180 on "Casual" straight to "Eat poo poo and grind, nerds". There's a middle ground that could have been reached that would have left a better taste in peoples mouths.

I'm all for "People investing time get some nifty rewards for it", which is what legendary/ascended style things are for, but certainly not at the expense of causing people to have an extremely long wait to try out the new shiny content.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I believe one of the devs said no agony requirement for raiding. So you shouldn't need to filleth thine sock on fractals.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

New build available: Connection Errors Detected.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Well good. Now that they fixed the mastery thing all they need to do is just reduce the point totals for elites from 400 down to 60 total and everyone will be just fine.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'd be totally fine with that because most of my characters have 60-100 saved up.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Well keep in mind I haven't played it yet as I've been traveling, but solely based on everything posted in this thread I'm feeling like I'm hosed as a casual player. My only hope is that Anet reverses this stupid rear end poo poo.

You know that when I agree that something isn't casual enough somethings wrong here. :lol:

E: Seriously though I think a lot of people said "gently caress it" to the new zone. I already did. I'm not going to run around with the non-existent zerg train to do 100 events to have enough mastery to be able to jump on a mushroom so my glider thingy can get caught in the wind to reach that hero point challenge.

ANet got my $50 this time, but I can tell you they've removed any desire I had left to use the gem store.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 25, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Any chance Anet fixed elites while I've been on a plane for 15 hours?

No. Order 12 pizzas and get grinding.

mind the walrus posted:

I noticed a bunch of :smug: posts on the GW2 reddit about how all the Hero Challenges are totally doable you guys just suck because you won't play with people :smug:.

gently caress you Anet I'm working tonight and have only 20 minutes at most to log in and do anything. Do you know what it's like to do that and feel like there's nothing in HoT worth investing in because you don't have poopsock time on you? Makes me not want to play the loving game at all because it feels more like a job to explore the new zones than it does a fun challenge.

TBF I just hopped in with a goon train and we knocked out almost all of aurin basin in like 30 minutes not counting the 9 times I respawned the same champ challenges on top of dead people. That was worth like 60 points or so. Its pretty bullshit but its not terrible and can be done in chunks. Definitely takes the fun out of map exploring though.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 25, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

In all seriousness though, can someone tell me what guild halls are actually useful for?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

salvage-o-matic is kinda pointless since mystic salvos exist.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Happy birthday fat man. Enjoy the copious amounts of food you will gluttonously stuff into your gaping maw as a reward for staving off coronary disease another calendar year.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Super Adventure Box will come back, designed by every single laid off dev from Wild Star.

Unlock Super Adventure Box by finishing the "I am Legend" collection and obtaining one of every Legendary weapon and shield in GW2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Is this game still bad?

• Locked thread