Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

at some point i would have wanted to make a legendary (not sure which one as of yet) but the collection process still costing about as much as buying a precursor is still probably one of the really disappointing things for me in general. i'm pretty fine with the other stuff, but the cost barrier just makes what could have been a really fun scavenger hunt kind of deal into a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Trebuchet King posted:

Is there a...map, I guess, or similar providing a nice route to round up enough (or as much as possible) of the mats for spiritwood planks/deldrimor ingots per day? I know for iron there's that canyon thing in the NW of Brisban but it'd be great if I could streamline, I guess, the process.

For Iron, I just hit seven waypoints that have a guaranteed node close by. A couple of these spots occasionally have another rich node near them that you'll see on your way to the guaranteed one. The wiki will point you to the locations of the nodes.
[&BEsBAAA=] [&BF4BAAA=] [&BMAAAAA=] [&BF0CAAA=] [&BKsAAAA=] [&BJMBAAA=] [&BGMAAAA=]

For the platinum, there are a couple guaranteed spots in Mount Maelstrom that I hit (the one by the ruins w/ the priory dudes, and north of Mark II Golem/in the water), as well as the one in Timberline Falls (in the underwater cave by the skelk). With the iron and plat combined, that's more than enough to kick out a deldrimor ingot every day. Just pick up any iron/plat that's near you on your way between the waypoints as well. I actually made an app with all of the waypoints that I can just click them to copy them to my clipboard to easily paste them in a whisper to myself. If you don't get too distracted by soft wood and other things, you can knock all of these out in under twenty minutes.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Trebuchet King posted:

Is there a...map, I guess, or similar providing a nice route to round up enough (or as much as possible) of the mats for spiritwood planks/deldrimor ingots per day? I know for iron there's that canyon thing in the NW of Brisban but it'd be great if I could streamline, I guess, the process.

Here's what I've been running pretty much every day for the past few weeks as I'm working on my Nevermore. To make one Spiritwood and one Deldrimor every day you need: 80 Soft, 30 Seasoned, 60 Hard, 150 Elder wood; 90 Iron, 40 Platinum, 150 Mithril ore. These routes take me maybe an hour? to fully run. I don't really keep track but 45 min to an hour seems about right.

First stop: Brisban Wildlands, Watchful Source Waypoint [&BFwAAAA=]

This should get you all or nearly all of the soft wood and iron you need. If you're still short, head to Snowden Drifts, Highpass Haven waypoint: [&BLUAAAA=]

I usually don't bother running the whole map, I just start at the eastern end and go until I've got what I need, which ends up being around the halfway point.

Seasoned wood is super easy, just go to Blazeridge Steppes, Terra Carorunda waypoint: [&BAECAAA=]

You only need 30 wood here so I didn't bother drawing the rest of the map. Just keep going south if you need more.

For Hard wood, Sparkfly Fen, start at Orvar's Glen waypoint: [&BMQBAAA=], and partway through jump to Mire Waypoint: [&BLQDAAA=]

This will likely give you all the hard wood you need and WAAAAAY more platinum than you need, but if you want to mix it up you can also go to...

Fireheart Rise, Sati Waypoint: [&BBYCAAA=]

The southern half of the zone is Hard wood and platinum, while the north half is Elder wood and Mithril. I basically only come to this zone if I came up short from the other zones or I'm gathering to make 2 planks/ingots at once.

Most of your Elder wood and Mithril come from Malchor's Leap starting at Pagga's Waypoint: [&BKYCAAA=]. Halfway through you backtrack to Wren Waypoint [&BKwCAAA=] to save some time. (Note: I don't actually gather the Mithril from these zones as I've had a giant stockpile of 1000+ mithril in my bank that I've been using. But judging by how many mithril nodes I skip over I'm sure you can easily get 150 in Malchor's Leap alone.)

And lastly to finish it all up, Straits of Devastation, Signal Peak waypoint [&BO0CAAA=] (or Bramble Pass waypoint [&BOwCAAA=] if it's contested).

These lines aren't super accurate but they give you the general idea of a pretty efficient route to take through each zone. Props to Cletus for running SFD's Gathering for the Cure way back when and showing me a few of these routes.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so let's say you've got astralia or hope or whatever equipped

if it's equipped could you also give an offhand axe/pistol the same skin, or would you need two of them somehow? Because the axe effects look really neat but isn't the effect only on one arm? It'd look cooler on both.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

legendary skins can be applied to any weapon and will apply the effect no matter what.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

wonderfulness

Wow, that's absolutely marvelous. Thank you!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Props to Cletus for running SFD's Gathering for the Cure way back when and showing me a few of these routes.

Did we ever actually cure anything

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Did we ever actually cure anything

My desires to keep playing this.

https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/672314254758969344

Lonk fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 5, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Super Adventure Box is never coming back!

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Super Adventure Box will come back, designed by every single laid off dev from Wild Star.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Super Adventure Box will come back, designed by every single laid off dev from Wild Star.

Unlock Super Adventure Box by finishing the "I am Legend" collection and obtaining one of every Legendary weapon and shield in GW2!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

(a) SAB is never coming back

(b) If SAB does come back, they better not lock it behind some kind of stupid mastery gate/grind.

fake edit: At this point, I can only suspect there is some cruel, troll dev at anet who sneaks random SAB textures into patches.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Erdricks posted:

(b) If SAB does come back, they better not lock it behind some kind of stupid mastery gate/grind.

C'mon, you know that's not realistic.

Adventure Box Mastery:
    Tier 1: You can now enter the Super Adventure Box!

Tier 2: Infantile mode now available!

Tier 3: Tribulation mode now available!

Tier 4: Super Weapons collection unlocked!

Tier 5: Super Weapons now purchasable!

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Generic Octopus posted:

Adventure Box Mastery:

12 million experience total. SAB rewards no experience.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Probad posted:

12 million experience total. SAB rewards no experience.

It is a Maguuma mastery track, so you get to do dragon's stand for the 765th time!

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Attestant posted:

It is a Maguuma mastery track, so you get to do dragon's stand for the 765th time!

The SAB portal itself has relocated to Rata Novus, and is only online after a successful Gerent meta.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

Adventure Box Mastery:

You jest but given the bullshit Anet has done with HoT, I can totally see this :smith:

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Generic Octopus posted:

The SAB portal itself has relocated to Rata Novus, and is only online after a successful Gerent meta.

This is maybe the only thing Anet could do to make me give a poo poo about the gerent in its current state.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gerent?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Boss of Tangled Depths, Chak Gerent.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Generic Octopus posted:

Boss of Tangled Depths, Chak Gerent.

Oh that's the boss that requires people to split up in lanes if one fails its over right?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Good news guys, I found somebody to draw our sexy GW2 characters for us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vhmoq/i_did_some_art_of_my_buddys_sexy_reaper_art/

e: this deviantart is a nightmare.

Uhh, that art looks earliy familiar. And the artist's name is tracy wong...

So my mom used to do photoshop stuff with a group called misfits (I don't loving know). They did tags with sexy drawn ladies for some reason, and some guy called popeye wong did a lot of the art that they used. My mom won a contest with it and has a pinup signed to her from the guy.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
SAB is returning a la Darkness Falls. Whichever server in your WvW matchup has the most keeps claimed gets access. This will be their plan to reinvigorate WvW.

But seriously, they should totally rip off DAoC and add a Darkness Falls like PvP dungeon.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Seriously, not one of you. I better not see a single one of you in SAB when it returns or I will cut you so bad.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

So in case you were thinking of levelling scribing, here are some tips:
*Run a crafting booster and an item booster for a guaranteed chance at critical crafting success, which will lower costs significantly. Your old enchanted reward boosts will give you crafting boost time if you have them. If you don't, you'll have to wait until your server has gotten as much critical crafting bonus as you can hope for and use the guild crafting boost from the tavern to pump your chance as high as you can.
*When you aren't refining materials for the occasional 25 ranks, make backpacks. They give some of the most money for some of the least cost. The 375-400 range was done for me with making 8 exotic scribing packs, which are of course account bound. Despite being least cost, this chunk of xp cost me about 800g worth of mats; thankfully, I had most of that stored beforehand!

Also, get used to clicking a LOT of buttons. Each piece of furniture you can craft at 400 such as the rad as poo poo gramophone that now sits in the GOON guild hall will require a grandmaster finishing kit. I have attached a stitched together image from GW2Efficiency that illustrates what it would take to use buy orders to make a SINGLE kit from scratch. TL;DR: it's about 100g of mats and a fuckton of crafting steps and different materials to acquire, all of which together will allow you to make a single cushion or something.

FInally, if anyone wants furniture/sigils or runes made, I can take requests and make them at cost. If you're feeling generous/obligated to make some form of payment, send a few resonating slivers my way because I will never not need them for decorating. I'm mostly done with the Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra decoration as well, but that one requires a gift of music from CM to make, so I won't be able to just poo poo those out with provided materials. Mail 'Vagrant Justice' with a description of what you'd like and money/mats attached. Use https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator to figure out costs! For example, I can craft and thus save you about 7g on the the Superior Sigil of Transference that increases your outgoing healing effectiveness.

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 6, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Crafting is the worst thing to happen to video games.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hold the gently caress up, isn't the gift of music a legendary component?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Priapus Unbound posted:

So in case you were thinking of levelling scribing, here are some tips:
*Run a crafting booster and an item booster for a guaranteed chance at critical crafting success, which will lower costs significantly. Your old enchanted reward boosts will give you crafting boost time if you have them. If you don't, you'll have to wait until your server has gotten as much critical crafting bonus as you can hope for and use the guild crafting boost from the tavern to pump your chance as high as you can.
*When you aren't refining materials for the occasional 25 ranks, make backpacks. They give some of the most money for some of the least cost. The 375-400 range was done for me with making 8 exotic scribing packs, which are of course account bound. Despite being least cost, this chunk of xp cost me about 800g worth of mats; thankfully, I had most of that stored beforehand!

Also, get used to clicking a LOT of buttons. Each piece of furniture you can craft at 400 such as the rad as poo poo gramophone that now sits in the GOON guild hall will require a grandmaster finishing kit. I have attached a stitched together image from GW2Efficiency that illustrates what it would take to use buy orders to make a SINGLE kit from scratch. TL;DR: it's about 100g of mats and a fuckton of crafting steps and different materials to acquire, all of which together will allow you to make a single cushion or something.

FInally, if anyone wants furniture/sigils or runes made, I can take requests and make them at cost. If you're feeling generous/obligated to make some form of payment, send a few resonating slivers my way because I will never not need them for decorating. I'm mostly done with the Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra decoration as well, but that one requires a gift of music from CM to make, so I won't be able to just poo poo those out with provided materials. Mail 'Vagrant Justice' with a description of what you'd like and money/mats attached. Use https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator to figure out costs! For example, I can craft and thus save you about 7g on the the Superior Sigil of Transference that increases your outgoing healing effectiveness.

lmao this is awful

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Alteisen posted:

Hold the gently caress up, isn't the gift of music a legendary component?

Gift of the Nobleman / 250 Orichalcum Ingots / 250 Bolts of Gossamer / 100 Opal Orbs.

The orchestra takes a Gift of Magic, too.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Gift of the Nobleman / 250 Orichalcum Ingots / 250 Bolts of Gossamer / 100 Opal Orbs.

The orchestra takes a Gift of Magic, too.

But that's insane. :stare:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
The SAB portal will be locked, unless you have a key crafted via scribe.

Such keys will of course be account-bound.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

The SAB portal will be locked, unless you have a key crafted via scribe.

Such keys will of course be account-bound.

Soul.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

On release, sure, but Anet will eventually cave to the casuals like they did with the hero point costs for elite specs.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Generic Octopus posted:

On release, sure, but Anet will eventually cave to the casuals like they did with the hero point costs for elite specs.
tbh HP cost for elite spec was way overboard. You'd have had to complete all HP from Verdant/Auric/Tangled (some are impossible without Leyline) then get 7 more from Dragon's Stand.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

CLAM DOWN posted:

You jest but given the bullshit Anet has done with HoT, I can totally see this :smith:

I wonder how many of the new legendaries will require hardmode SAB runs?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Okay, potentially stupid question, but besides precursors, what shouldn't I sell? I have craploads of mats and random loot laying around, and I feel like it's wasteful to not profit from them, but I'm irrationally worried that I'll casually sell something I'll need later.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Aesis posted:

tbh HP cost for elite spec was way overboard. You'd have had to complete all HP from Verdant/Auric/Tangled (some are impossible without Leyline) then get 7 more from Dragon's Stand.

I know, was joking. I didn't buy the xpac til they lowered HP costs.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Omi no Kami posted:

Okay, potentially stupid question, but besides precursors, what shouldn't I sell? I have craploads of mats and random loot laying around, and I feel like it's wasteful to not profit from them, but I'm irrationally worried that I'll casually sell something I'll need later.

If you can sell it then odds are that you can buy it at a later point for more or less the same price. Sell anything you won't reasonably use and put that cash towards stuff that will help you in the immediate future.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

ItBurns posted:

If you can sell it then odds are that you can buy it at a later point for more or less the same price. Sell anything you won't reasonably use and put that cash towards stuff that will help you in the immediate future.

Oh goodie, that's what I was hoping for; I know at some point I'll want to save up for one of those nutso legendaries, but even glancing at the farming chain scares the heck out of me.

Oh yea, for moneymaking purposes I should always disassemble the item and TP the mats, right?

Omi no Kami fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Omi no Kami posted:

If you're not intending to use the mats in the next 24 hours, sell them. Currently I'm slowly saving to make an ascended bow, so any of those mats I dont want to sell. But cloth? Definitely ill sell the cloth.

Oh, also dont sell the ascended gated mats like mithril, silk, or the leather. Its generally a good idea to just craft those recipes daily even if you wont use them. That way, if another goon needs ingots, and has the rest of the mats, you can help ans just get the mithril or whatever reimbursed.

• Locked thread