Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Patch is out.

Right click your salvage kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They renamed the vale guardian and made it a world boss in the new zone.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You can finally earn experience after 80 for spirit shards once again, which they disabled when the expansion launched for whatever reason.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anyone able to write some quick rundowns of which classes are buffed or nerfed this patch for those of us that don't main every single class and don't want to read through dozens of minor changes to skills and traits nobody uses or remembers? I can do a quick one for elementalist.

Elementalist status: heavily nerfed.

Notable changes
  • Lava font 6 second cd to 8
  • Fresh air 10% less damage
  • The mandatory 33% cooldown reduction traits still mandatory, but 20% now
  • Wash the pain away 33% less healing but 20% shorter cooldown
  • Healing from aura gained trait reduced by 33%
  • Sceptre fire auto attack slightly improved as one of the only buffs to the class

Overall, the builds haven't changed, everything just feels worse to play because of the cooldown nerf to everything, you now have a lot more dead-air time using auto attacks while waiting for skills to come off cooldown and things don't line up as well coming out of overload channels, staff probably hit the worst out of any of the weapons.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
... 9 months for a single armor set?

I really hope they are restructuring with the new head of the company because they have always been glacial when it comes to content compared to every other major developer and all signs point to management problems.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If I wanted to get viper/sinister ascended on a necro alt, what would be the most efficient way to go about it, which parts should be viper, which sinister and what would be the cheapest/most efficient way to get the viper armor? mythic forging a different set of ascended into viper?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
With a about a hour of spare time and all the exp boosters you can find you can fill out the gliding mastery by just doing fast, high exp activities, your choice from doing quick gold medal adventures, jumping in when it's time to boss rush one of the zones like tarir octovine takes 10-15 minutes when it begins and verdant bank night time bosses you can tag all 5 of them and collect the event exp and loot as they get downed.

The new zone is also Hots Experience: the zone, if you just go to the many events that pop all over every minute, the white mantle mooks spawn a dozen at a time and everything at the shielded cleric events drop loot and experience when killed and scales with players there.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

No, as someone who has now experienced both ways, the new zone is extremely unfun and frustrating without advanced gliding. I can see leyline not being required, but so far the only people saying "nah you don't need advanced gliding at all!" are the ones who already had it.

-The AB meta takes longer than that, that's an exaggeration
-I've compared having full boosters and doing bosses/events vs just killing mobs in concentrated areas. Circling around killing mobs repeatedly is waaaaaaaaay faster xp gain.
-Not only do I not know where adventures are other than 1 or 2 of them, I'm not good enough to consistently get gold medals on the few I've tried so that's not an efficient option for me at all

You don't need advanced gliding in the new zone, it helps a lot, but it isn't a requirement, if you can reach the zealot's arena you can reach everything important like the justiciar boss fight, staying on the ground occasionally taking rifts to random islands or jumping into the hole and opening the glider at the bottom.

All of the adventures are the little stick figure man on the map, you can't miss them, several of them are incredibly easy to gold every time or just take a run or two to learn the pattern to gold every time, a couple aren't worth the time, but you might as well at least silver everything for the achievements and collection requirements or just because some of them can be a fun change of pace for a little bit.

The ENTIRE AB meta takes more then 15 minutes, yes, but you don't have to do the various outpost events, you can just check dragontimer http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/events.php?serverKey=117&langKey=en check when the AB meta is about to start and join one of the many groups in LFG, there are usually 5+ maps at once doing AB and afterwards people loot a poo poo ton of treasure by hopping maps, if you don't care about the loot you can just stick around for the traitor and hero challenge after it ends.
I'd usually join a map early in the 10 minute preparation period and start a hero challenge boss train, knock out 4 or 5 before the gate opened for a bunch of loot and a lot of exp.

I got a lot of levels in early HoT doing the killstreak booster on the old veteran spider canopy, maybe your route beats all of this, but doing the high exp end events, a few fast gold adventures and leading a real fast champion hero challenge run can net you a lot of exp and loot.

In the end you really do want to unlock advanced gliding because HoT is night and day to navigate with and without it when your not falling out of the sky and can just lazily glide from the tallest point.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 29, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah, I know the icon, I just can't figure out how to get to most of them. This was one of my biggest HoT complaints that I posted extensively about here back in the beta weekends, and it hasn't changed at all. The map is super difficult to navigate. I'm not an idiot, but I just want to relax and have an easy time in videogames and trying to figure out how to get from A to B on the HoT maps is not that.

I never found finding them to be a problem, you just go to the icon to begin them, a couple of them are behind doors in tarir, but you only need to find them once and you'll know how to get to them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They are closed during the big event, because they don't want people catching butterflys while the world destroyer is on the warpath, the Tarir ones are always open when not in the big event, the verdant ones a couple of the easy ones in the south you need to show up when their event lines are finished, there is a small window to do the salvage pit on a active map but it takes 30 seconds for a easy gold.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I guess I'm just hopeless then :smith: I can never remember.

e: I guess what would be useful for apparently slow people like me, would be some kind of guide where there's a list of adventures, a little map showing where it is or how to get there, then any requirements for it? Like aren't some only open at certain times? I never learned any of this and never saw any kind of learning process or tutorial for this. I'm not someone who goes out of my way to put effort into learning this anymore, I want to have my hand held.

Did you try typing /wiki adventure in game? or /wiki the name of the adventure? it has pretty straight forward instructions and has pretty much everything you just asked for.

Adventures give a combined 54k exp daily and 126k exp the first time you get the bronze/silver/gold chests and exp boosts stack on them, they are worth doing for that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
After the gliding skills I went straight for the 10,000 bloodstone ore node, it gives 3 rubies a day which will add up over time, I'd probably skip glide skills 3 and 4 until I had a overflow of unbound magic if I had to do it again.

If you need rubies, check bloodfen LFG for jade construct events, you'll get a bunch of gold, unbound magic and 4-6 rubies a run.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 1, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On another note, I didn't play fractals for a very long time, I like the changes they did to streamline and fix the multiple year old exploits and tediousness of some parts, cliffside is faster with less cheesing needed, the chaos fractal is kinda neat and they finally figured out what to do with mossman by sticking him in a tiny room with flat walls and cutting his health by 90% and bloomhungers fight keeps you mobile so you don't just fall asleep during it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Crashes stopped for me when I got the 64 bit client but came back with the latest patch, I heard repairing the client can help which is something I'm going to try later.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think if you get lean gliding you need to make a rush for advanced gliding or your fun levels in HOTS are gonna drop, I know mine did because leaning forward would take you a shorter distance then not leaning and drop you in front of updrafts you should of made and if you got a habit of holding down W while moving forward it's not going to be a fun time.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
With the current american candidates, I don't think there is a better time then this year for another Evon Gnashblade vs Ellen election

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

nickhimself posted:

228g on the TP, though. Lol that's not gonna happen anytime soon either, so =[

You could make that much in a day or two in bloodfen hopping between jade and justiciar maps and just collecting all that unstable salvage that drops in abundance and is worth a lot, or following tarir octovines and looting 5+ maps worth of grand chests with a guaranteed rare in each and occasional expensive recipe.

Fractals aren't that bad these days for money either, one of the tier 4 daily chests handed me a +9 agony worth 10g on the trading post.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I came back recently and tried out the fractal changes and it's a nice change of pace from swamp x3 along with the cringe worthy fractals tuned down.

Things improve at 75+ because people are probably going to be maxed agony resist instead of the hodgepodge of random resists in the lower ratings, there is some agony outside the fractals to test people for resists if it's a consistent problem, and if they don't listen and stand in it you can kick em.

Or just replace em at the first wipe at the boss because it's fast to fill if you put at boss in your lfg.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
My suggestion is to pick one character as your main, or 2-3 if you can armor and rune share, and just craft that first ascended armor set and weapons, equip every other guy in ascended drops.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Lonk posted:

I will poo poo out any field I want and give zero shits. It's not going to ruin your ability to win if you know what you're doing in combat really. Most people just get obsessed with wanting might because they're the same idiots who think you need berserker gear or viper's or whatever the "meta" is now or you'll lose. Then again people think leveling is too slow in GW2 despite the fact it was always quicker than other MMOs and the game literally shits tomes out now. I feel like a lot of people are just impatient and need quicker and quicker satisfaction, but then again I need more SAB already soooo :p

Seems like anytime anyone talks about what is optimal and what is weak, if it happens to be something that you do you'll make these angry rants about the discussion even taking place.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Magres posted:

Tbh I wish guardian had a trait that just removed light fields from all their abilities or some signet or something. That or make Light Fields not be one of the absolute worst fields in the game

if the next guardian specialization turned all light fields into fire or dark fields that would actually be really good.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

nickhimself posted:

Welp, money issues for the crap I'm doing are basically solved. Gambled big on the forge today and went from 150g~ to 1600. I spent a handful more on further gamble ventures, but also had the extra gold to gear up my necro. Pretty fun and good evening

What did you gamble on and what made the profit, rare weapons into exotics?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I can't help but feel that is waaaaay above the expected return rate.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

shrach posted:

How many weeks?! You can't even Chronotank Slothsaor. That's just called playing Chronomancer.

Yeah... that sounded odd to me too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
... It's a alpine hat.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's a shame that jewelcrafter became a worthless profession after they added ascended jewelry and easy access to it, it used to be my favorite one and a good character gearing and cash maker.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Bloomhunger got the gently caress nerfed out of him.

Over 20 nerfs to everything he does.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

I heard that there are also some new skins that you can get in game and not through the gem shop? That's pretty cool.

New carnival weapon skins for the low low price of 50 100 or 150 gold each.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The legendary heavy armor seems to default to the look of the guy on the guildwars 1 box art.

The transformation is kinda stupid though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

JohnnyCanuck posted:

The over-HP'd trash mobs in the caves at the end of the story sequence were terrible terrible terrible.

The boss fight kinda has a neat mechanic but it needs to be retuned.

I thought the swarms of vets and elites was a little odd, it wasn't impossible to handle, but it took a bit more effort then I'm used to in these sort of things and imagine a lot of people would have trouble or complain.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Brain In A Jar posted:

It wasn't so much that it was hard, as it was really loving boring. It felt like every encounter outstayed its welcome by about 2 or 3 waves.

Well yeah that goes without saying, everything dragged on for awhile and the dialog at the end with Emo Braham was groan worthy.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 23, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
With all these new event filled maps opening up, isn't it spreading the player population a bit thin between them and everything else? or has there been enough people to populate everything still?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Fixed a bug that caused Wintersday ornaments to continue dropping from some chests after players had already completed the “For the Children!” achievement.

How long has that bug been around? two years? three?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I mean, you can help keep people alive with healing and damage prevention pretty well, but your not going to be able to just afk spam targeted heals on the life bars jumping up and down, you still got to get in the thick of things and deal damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've stopped playing for ages after getting burnt out on trying to keep up with a new zone worth of currencies and inventory clutter every month and trying to catch up on whats new, are the human gods the new bad guys instead of the dragons or whats the dealio with that.

• Locked thread