Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Merry Christmas, Arus' liver!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Most of my posts are less than five sentences because I read the forums from my tablet. That was good enough for SFD.

Brevity is the soul of wit :buddy:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is awesome info, thank you! Cletus was gonna show me some too, so sounds like I'll be able to work on that slowly then now.

There's also some reddit post with guides for how to get gold in every adventure.

Alteisen posted:

provided it doesnt crash at the end

Yeah this happening was probably the maddest I have ever been at gw2. Getting zero credit for a map I had done start to finish was really frustrating

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've never had DS take less than an hour and a half :psyduck: How do I find these magical 45 min instances?

It's pretty much luck, if you've got a trio of competent commanders who can herd cats in lane well and people who organize boss killing crews before the bossfight starts then you can get it done.

Honestly, given that you like leading wvw, try leading a goon crew through DS! DS seems kinda like a pve version of wvw to me, though I haven't played a ton of wvw.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I'd love to get a team of like thirty goons on to rock some DS. Split into three teams of ten to shepherd each lane and provide competent Might stacking for each lane and it should go really fast. At the trio of bosses section you could split each team in half and have five people to shepherd the ring zerg and five to handle the boss with the help of five pubbies.

We could also go for some T4 Verdant Brink and Tangled Depths. Meta Mondays!

If anyone else is interested, let's gather at 5pm PST on Monday and group up for some metas. Even if we don't have enough people to run the maps ourselves, it's fun to be on voice with people doing events with you

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 30, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

That time is impossible to make for regular work hour people on the west coast. Can you make it 7pm Pacific or later?

7pm sounds good, let's do it.

Meta Mondays - 7pm PST

Get on and we'll vote for what map we want to focus on trying to T4 (or, for Dragon's Stand, speedrun as quickly as possible)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Keep in mind that HoT maps are on their own timers, and (if I did the math right) 7pm Pacific is:

- Half an hour into VB day phase (of 75 minutes)
- Octovine event starting
- 10 minutes into an hour and 30 minute wait for the Chak Gerent event to start
- 30 minutes until active Dragon's Stand maps are forcibly closed

Yeah that looks like your math is right. We can do VB day then go for T4 night, then get a late start on a DS run, VB night ends about half an hour into DS, so if we get a move on we should be able to clear DS in time. Worst case that looks like it's going badly and we bail for a run at TD

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah they really really need to do something to address Bag Wars 2.

An Open All option would be a good start, as would some customizable multi-salvage tools. I salvage basically anything that gives wood and cloth and sell everything else, so let me set a filter to salvage all my wood and cloth poo poo and leave the rest to vendor.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'm REALLY surprised that link wasn't asurabutt.jpg

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hey Arus what's the chest piece you wear on your actual Arus character? The like jacket with the fur around the neck and stuff

It's cool and I want one

e: sweet ty

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 31, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I've been picking up Revenant in pvp and really, really digging it, having what amounts to a mana bar to juggle between your stances is really fun.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What kinda gear do you need to raid? I'm at exotics w/ ascended jewelry and want to do some spirit vale

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What are banners and what do they do?

(I'm looking at the wiki and only seeing the Warrior skills)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Banner is the one I was talking about. The #5 skill is a massive gently caress off aoe that will wreck any enclosed space. You also get a breakbar!

Turtle banner is the defensive equivalent.

Awesome, thank you!

Turtle banner is the best just for the bad shell puns

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 7, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Colin says they (anet) need to focus on polishing the existing game content rather than making a lot of new content, a couple times specifically calling it the Depth over Breadth strategy. This would be heartening news if he hadn't said essentially the same thing two years ago with it never panning out.

Nah default to cautious optimism

So what if it didn't pan out before, maybe it will this time :buddy:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
wait is sab actually coming back or is this just continuing to be the joke that will never die

cause sab jokes make me sad, i never got to play it :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:smith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
can someone post asurabutt.jpg

i need to link it to a friend to prove that asura do, in fact, have butts

e: nm got it but if someone wants to post it anyway that's okay too :buddy:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
im really really hype about gliders in central tyria, i love gliding around and im pretty much totally willing to forgive them for HoT being kinda lackluster if it means gliders in central tyria

you monster

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 8, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
One of ANet's official partners (DLGamer) sells digital copies of HoT for about thirty five bucks. I'd say it's definitely worth it at that price

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
They aren't the same people, but when you have a specific budget for the year, hiring more art people means hiring fewer coders

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

No kidding, check these babies out

I logged in to get a shield screenshot for Arus but either they didn't make a shield or that_shaman just couldn't find its code. really I could see it going either way :lol:

Those might be kinda cool in game if they have neat effects on them like the glowy poo poo seems to suggest

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Honestly I'm mostly pissed about the pricing on these shared inventory slots

Getting all five of them costs as much as getting HoT

E: On one hand this is outrageously loving expensive, on the other hand I kinda get it because if I got them I would never have any desire to buy extra sets of any of the gem store utility poo poo I have on my main character that I really like having easy access to. My girlfriend has two sets of gathering tools because she hates swapping her stuff back and forth and it's a similar cost to get 5 slots as it is to get another set of gathering tools. My rationalization that makes me slightly less mad is that they're pricing it around losing a future gem store sales on stuff. I'm still not buying them unless they drop to like literally half (or less) of the current price, but I kiiiind of get why they're so expensive.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 12, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm so relieved someone else has admitted to having the flutes, I thought I was the only one.

The flutes are the best

Sprite141 posted:

So they legit don't care of we break around the maps, just so long as we don't cheat our way to chests and poo poo it's all cool.

That's really loving cool, but let's wait and see how long that lasts.

I imagine they'll put up no-fly zones around areas where you can break the maps in exceptionally dumb/harmful ways.

It's a shame about fractals, I'd kill to have a glider when I have to run the Uncategorized one.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah it's not hard to break maps and get to interesting places. You can get on top of most of DR if you bug underneath it then log out in the right spot, there's some really pretty views up there.

The fact that there's just a vast ocean underneath all of existence reminds me of Dark Souls - it's implied that the entire world exists in the boughs of a ton of massive trees that grow up from a vast lake. Ash Lake is a really drat cool zone, getting 'underneath' the world like that is really awesome

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 13, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Xun posted:

Don't you need masteries to make fractals actually profitable though

Not even remotely

What the fractal masteries do, in order:

1) Get an extra daily recommended fractal scale in the 20s or 30s, and an extra shop with neat things
2) Get more +1 Infusions if you get hit with Agony a bunch. Can attune rings to have an extra infusion slot
3) Get a couple extra +1 Infusions from fractal encryptions
4) Be able to get a buff from things in fractals that saves you once when you go down

+1 Infusions are one of the least profitable parts of fractals these days, for reference

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 15, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

250 INCREASE IN FEROCITY AFTER SWAPPING TO AIR ATTUNEMENT WITH FRESH AIR TRAITED?????

Having a reason to not always take Water+Earth is kinda nice, auramancer is boring as gently caress

And tbf diamond skin, which is what everyone really hates ele for, is getting dropped from condi immunity to removal, which is a big deal

look im scrambling for reasons here, and praying to god this is part of some plan to make auramancer obsolete because i love ele but auramancer is boring as poo poo

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 15, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Rip celestial amulets.

Good Riddance.

E: oh thank gently caress they doubled the cooldown of Stealth Gyro, killing it will actually do something now instead of letting the Engi re-stealth five seconds later

E2: Oof Rev Sword 3 took a like 25% damage nerf. Rev really just took a gigantic pile of nerfs. Sword and Hammer both nerfed

vvvvvv yeah http://dulfy.net/2016/01/15/gw2-upcoming-changes-to-pvp-runessigils-and-amulets/

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 15, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I think those chrono nerfs were pretty overkill

50% Alacrity would have been fine

Like giving Chrono a hit to the groin with nerfs for pve reasons while leaving Burnzerker alone is complete nonsense

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

learnincurve posted:

drat, I was hoping to be allowed to stand back and use my bows as a main weapon and send the cat in while raining arrows in PvP. I'm approaching 60 and still have no idea WTF most of the words in this thread mean but I gather that this is a socially unacceptable play style :(

No that's actually a pretty solid way to pvp until you're against people who are really good

I'm in one of the like mid-range divisions and Marauder Longbow Ranger still completely crushes people in games I'm in on a regular basis.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Marauders is also really nice if you're up to making it. It's similar to zerker but sacrifices a little of all three stats to add a bit of vitality. I think full marauder will add close to 6k health so if zerker makes you feel too squishy I'd grab some.

Only trouble is that marauder gear is account bound as soon as you make it, so you have to make it yourself.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

WvW is awesome and you should do it

Are there any good guides to what's going on in wvw? I'll totally follow what the commander says when I'm in a group, but I like understanding why they make the calls they make,and I've never had any goddamned clue what was going on in wvw. I get that keeps get you lots of points, but one outposts and random supply dolyaks and stuff, I've got no idea what the point of them is.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
woo BURDs I now have phone alarms that yell at me to get my rear end on gw2 in time for raids so I stop being a forgetful idiot

I legitimately have no idea how I would keep my life together without my phone to remind me of things

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

learnincurve posted:

I was thinking PVP player with a zombie skin and a separate set of zombie skills. The main problem would be balancing the zombie bite, maybe something like for every 10 players/player zombies you kill you get one bite available for a set time. To keep it interesting events every few hours could be a thing with, something like blue zombies VS red zombies group events. Although for me repeatedly killing the same guy over and over without biting him as he gets increasingly pissed off at not being able to complete the quest for the best sword in the game would be reward enough. You would have no problem getting PVP players to come on to the island but the rewards would have to be something really special to get PVE carebears/targets to come play, which is kind of the point of zombie island/griefers paradise.

Guild 4 Dead 2 sounds fun as hell. I always have a really good time when MMOs do players as zombies type stuff.

My dream would be having the zombie battleground be something like procedurally generated ruined cities that you can glide around in and loot while zombie players try to stop you, with a couple different classes of zombie - something along the lines of a ranged spitter zombie that lays AOEs and can bring down fliers with some sort of skillshot, a light leaper that can readily traverse between buildings but isn't really tough enough to solo humans generally (but two would have a reasonable shot, and scouts would be able to mark humans and light them up for other zombies for a short period of time), and tougher melee fighters that can only traverse between buildings by losing a story of altitude or so. Best loot is in the lower levels, even basements, of buildings, with maybe some penthouses both sides know about that are high value softer targets, but likely to be guarded.

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 20, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Vargs posted:

Put in an Orr Guild Rush while also reverting back to the release version of Orr.

I would redownload the game to play this at least once.

What was up with release Orr?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For Dragon's Stand, look in LFG for taxis

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
To be fair about the 90 minutes thing, that's also 90 minutes if you happen to log in at the right time to catch the beginning of Dragon's Stand. Having to wait for the two hour map cycle to get to starting a map you like is really annoying, particularly because if you want an actually successful map you need to join an organized map that's taxiing people in and filling the map up, so you generally can't late-join a map that's going to succeed.

If you don't care about what map you play it's not bad because they start about every half hour, but if you want to do a particular map then the hoops you have to jump through kinda suck.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I get what they were trying to do with the new maps cause this way you don't have everyone just looking for taxis for maps that are 90% done already, but yeah it blows. I think a better way would have been to do Silverwastes style stuff and emphasize rewards for 'opening' maps, like in Silverwastes someone has to do the poo poo job of sitting on a map defending Amber and sitting at 1/4 until the bar gets to like 30% and people start actually coming in and helping. Give really good rewards to those people

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 23, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

This is beautiful and this person is a complete moron at cooking.

When things are over boiling, take them off the heat you dingus. Just yank the pot off the stove by the handle and it'll stop going crazy within a few seconds.

Johnny Joestar posted:

all i can say is that HoT really comes off as a 'first expansion' pretty hard, so it'll be interesting to see what they've learned for the second one.

:agreed:

And from what I remember people saying, the first GW1 xpac was pretty mediocre and the second one was really good, so here's to cautious optimism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

I have the worst best timing

• Locked thread