Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Are there any active goon guilds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
rip login server

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
And in between all of that, they even introduced the 13th trait for all trees that you had to either buy separately or go on a super duper quest to obtain.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I really find it hard to believe that people are only finding circle-capping karma trains in the borderlands/ebg.
Maybe if you are only on during way off hours or are thinking about EOTM...

Any time around reset, you can find a guild group to nuthug the outskirts of and get all the fights you could possible want

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

OneEightHundred posted:

That depends how willing players are to fight each other on a jumping puzzle.

The best and most fun fights I've ever had in gw2 WvW happened in the OS puzzle during the 4 months after launch. People queued EBG not to fight in stonemist, but to get access to the OS portals. The borderland puzzles also had some great flashpoint fights.

But yeah that is true, the new borderlands took too many bad aspects from EOTM. :(

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
You'll have my weaponless, gearless, skilless, and traitless Revenant as I spend a week going through the drat lvl up chests.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I got into ~an duel~ but then got interrupted. The person I was fighting stepped aside so I could fight the interrupter. But then someone interrupted the interruption, and the interrupted interrupter stepped aside so I could then fight the newest interruption. Once that was dealt with, the original dueler stayed around to continue the fight.

A day of high honor I say chaps wut wut :monocle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-FKnOADNr8

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

ItBurns posted:

I'm really confused as to what the specific impediments to getting AR are. By the time you actually need it you should have enough AR to make it irrelevant. If you don't like fractals then you don't need it because you won't be doing fractals.

Are people just completely dismissing it because they think it's a grind?

You need pink gear to put the AR in.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
New WvW game mode :

20 v 20 Warriors lined up musket style in first person action mode with rifles. Aimed killshot only.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Did they ever specify if these "balance patches" are split between sPvP and WvW/PvE, or will they be global?

IE, Vamp rune changes just for sPvP?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

xgalaxy posted:

Of course they are global. It is very rare where a balance change splits a skill PvE/PvP.
They don't want a repeat of GW1. Love it or hate it.

There already exists a significant amount of skill differences between sPvP and open world.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
How long was the average wait for those of you eligible for the "bitter veteran" extra character slot?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I was unaware that Norns had bandana hair like that. I guess I will finally make my first Norn for my Revenant.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Mercurius posted:

The only catch is that you need to use a self-style hair kit for the male version. Female one is a default hairstyle.

Ooh nice. I fortunately still have a total makeover kit from the 1 bl chest I opened this year. But if it is default on female Norn, I can save it.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The new Daredevil staff autoattack looks great, and just as great when running.

*Thief reflex* :
If only they changed all the staff skills to something not poo poo.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Wait a second.
How does this new system work for those with high WvW ranks that can only gain 1-2 ranks a week now.
e : Nevermind, misread WvW lvl for named ranks.

They didn't mention any retroactive counting of WvW ranks / unspent rank points, and the only item that WvW players could stockpile are being devalued.

e2 : So PvE players will get their already-completed skill/hero challenge points, but WvW players with a thousand levels under their belt will be treated as if they have none.
Yay...

treizebee fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 19, 2015

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Probad posted:

It's actually pretty cool that I won't have to drag my alts all over the pve map to get hero points, but I can see how I really deserve those points anyway and Anet is effectively stealing from me for not honoring my many wvw levels.

Well to me, it's more like Anet just missed out on a perfect use for the WvW rank points that serve literally no purpose except accumulate after level ~1,100 or something.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Visidan posted:

WvW levels do serve a purpose, as soon as you hit mithril all longbow attacks home in on you.

Child's play.
Real mithril's get chained moa'd.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Just to recap.

A fully tomed 2-80 character has enough points to unlock every single core trait line.
It costs ~400 points to fully unlock an elite spec (including the armor/weapon skin fluff)
A Maguuma Jungle hero challenge is worth ~10 points.

It takes 40 Jungle challenges to fully unlock an elite on a pure tomed character.

That's not...too bad. 40 is still a big number, but it's feasible even with a few alts. Those who miss out on launch week Jungle rushes for the challenges will be in a strong deficit depending on how obnoxious the Jungle challenges are.

e : loving lol to WvW players though. gently caress me, right.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Adhesive Gamin posted:

You could also stop trying to be a victim and just grab all the hero points like the rest of us.

Like the rest of you. Not the rest of us to me, which are the WvW players.

But sure, ok. I will go map complete for the next half year to get half the elite spec unlocked, despite not enjoying PvE. Then I will spend another couple of months earning ~200 ranks in WvW to get my one character his elite.
Totally victimizing myself here.

Please don't tell me how to play the game m8 buddy. o7

e : Btw, if it weren't for the RAGING VICTIMS like my lonesome self pointing out grindy crap like this, the original hero point change where you couldn't get enough points to unlock everything 1-80 would still be in the game.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 20, 2015

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
e : ^^^ bahaahaha

kater posted:

Why don't you like having goals?

lol are you serious

It's a game

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

ItBurns posted:

I am going to have all 8 elite specs unlocked within 24 hours of go-live and I have the meth to prove it.

What's your poison for the ninth.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Does anyone still remember the one, the only, the original Asura?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

OzFactor posted:

Okay good! I just didn't want you to log in tomorrow and sigh heavily.

Not so fast buddy

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Visidan posted:

The servers will be perfectly fine, everything around it is on fire.

When something breaks tonight, it won't be the servers.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Brain In A Jar posted:

I don't have my pre-order slot yet so now I'm gonna have to delete my mesmer alt to make a rev. This is a big problem and I will whine incessantly about it.

Don't delete out of desperation yet.

According to Tivac a few pages ago answering my question, veteran pre-order slots are doled out on fridays. So maybe you get your slot the moment HOT launches tomorrow.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I won't even pretend to try to copy and format that into the forums.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Heavy Lobster posted:

I can safely say that we vastly underestimated how difficult it would be to get the new hero challenges done.

Pretend I empty quoted this with a hundred smuggo emoticons.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Attention : Any Revenant who uses Mallyx, you are completely immune to conditions forever if you take the tier 1 trait that gives you resistance every time you use a Mallyx skill.

How so do you ask?

Just spam toggle on/off the Mallyx elite that has no activation cost.

lel.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Holyshoot posted:

Can you play the new profession right away when you buy the expansion?

Yeah. The expansion is all-encompassing. If you buy it, you have everything.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
But guys...

Video game goals something low hanging fruit something

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The halloween event.
The new borderlands.
Some new armor stats.
New guild stuff...but i dont think you can participate in the claiming of the hall.
New ways to spend your money in the bltc.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Here's a couple of rounds Lazy and I had with Revenant and Thief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqv608o-i9c

I can make s/p + p/p daredevil work I think.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I've just resorted to playing Revenant until this maybe probably not changes.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

PsychicToaster posted:

Has anyone unlocked Daredevil that can tell me if it sucks as bad as the Ben Afleck movie or if it's actually good?

If you liked the old days sword builds with acrobatics before they removed it with the trait patch, you might be content.

But don't hold your breath for staff, it sucks and brings nothing new.

And don't expect cool fancy awesome abilities compared to some other elites, although a leap dodge is pretty dope and will totally make all pistol offhand weapon sets viable, i swear it nice.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
It already is common. Just mix your berserker with a few valkyrie.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I'm happy with how my Revenant turned out. I don't like much of the heavy armor, so I tried to make it look medium.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Alteisen posted:

What gear? Maybe druid is just a bad fit with a condi build.

Druid is a straight buff to any Ranger build. However, you can't really lay down any condi hurt using staff or while in celestial.

Use your old Ranger condi builds that you like, weapons and utilities, and treat the celestial skills as a heal bar when needed. There are no three "mandatory" trait lines for a condi or a power Ranger, so Druid can squeeze comfortably in to any old build.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
You have to slow your roll when discussing RAGE WHINING the game to Nilgoow.

ItBurns posted:

Exploring the new zones and trying to find my way to all the hidden stuff is my favorite part of the expansion.

ItBurns posted:

required doing events in the zone that nobody intended to explore

You spin me right round spin me right round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Brace yourselves, I'm quoting video game journalism.

quote:

all feels completely backwards from what has always been one of the most accessible games in the industry.

From an MMORPG article that GW2 just tweeted out.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/10236/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-Review-in-Progress.html

• Locked thread