Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

goattrails posted:

Someone in the old thread talked about it being difficult to activate the scrappers function gyro to revive people.

I didn't have those difficulties in the raids we did. I just had to aim in the general direction of the downed/dead guys and I got the revive option as normal (except the "F" prompt texture was greenish instead of yellowish).

That's because I'm an idiot trying to target a mesmer in the middle of an Arah bossfight while also throwing grenades. Turns out I'm bad at clicking things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Jerkops posted:

Unlikely for those reading this thread but I wonder if I'm the only one here who logs in (when I remember to) for the chest, has a pang of ennui and logs out again immediately after

That's how I felt for a while, but then my friends started playing again and we had a lot of fun with the beta weekend. Now I'm having fun leveling a necromancer even when I'm playing solo.

If nothing's grabbing you, take a break. It's not like you're losing out on a subscription fee!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
There's always altaholism, if you haven't played every class / played every race / run out of ideas for pretty princessing yet.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

In the last beta, did anyone come up with a fun Scrapper build that didn't utilize the drones much? I didn't like any but the spinning one and it breaks my loving heart.

I just used my usual 3 Kit build: Rifle + Zerk/Valk/Knight/Cav gear + Grenades, FT, EG, Mortar. Explosives and Firearms for the extra vuln on explosions and Juggernaut.
Then I swapped in some scrapper stuff, used Hammer with Recovery Matrix, Mass Momentum and Perfectly Weighted.
It's nothing special, but I enjoyed it. It worked well enough for a 3-person Arah P2 run. (Stealth drone was occasionally amazing for the stealth sections.) You could get it really tanky if you swap some traits around.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm glad the Halloween event is at the same time as HoT launch so we'll have something to do while waiting for ANet to bugfix the new content.

Or they'll prove me wrong and an MMO will have a successful expansion launch for once!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Krakatoah posted:

Would you mind if I joined starting over with you? I want to give this game another spin since the expansion is coming up soon and I hear Engineer's had quite a lot of changes...Could someone go over them for me and maybe other changes to other classes I might give a spin even though Engineer is likely to be my 'main'.

There have been so many changes, both large overhauls and minor tweaks, that you're better off just approaching the class as if you've never heard of it before than trying to compare it to what you played before.
Obviously the core class is the same, but if you stopped playing before any of the major trait overhauls, that alone will be a lot to explain.

Or you could give us a more specific time period and we'll try to catch you up to what's changed since then.
/r/GuildWars2 has a useful wiki page for returning players, too: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/wiki/returningplayers

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Degs posted:

As for engi, I was wondering why he felt just substantically weaker than my ele. Turns out when I left he was in full MF gear and I never reselected stats for his gear. Wheeeeeee grenades for daaaays

I also got the dire ascended pistol from a dungeon pvp track. Is there a way to make it better?

Engineer does great with condi builds, and pistol/shield (or pistol/pistol) are the weapons of choice. Dire fits in pretty well with that, though not as good as Rabid or Sinister would.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Harrow posted:

I said earlier I want the Chronomancer runes, and I do, but weirdly enough I think they might actually be better on Necromancer, since Chronomancer can give out a good amount of Quickness as it is.

Scrapper runes would also work well for a tanky Reaper build, since you're going to be in the thick of combat. The stats are the same, anyway.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Reposting 'cause I don't want to drop 50 bones on this if nothing's really changed for me :(

(also I still can't pick a class to play which makes me not want to play at all, I am literally retarded)

If you literally don't have a single character at level 80, then there's nothing in HoT for you. Pretty much all the HoT-exclusive content requires being level 80.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Oh well. Thanks for saving me 50+ bones :shobon:

You're welcome! I hope you find a class that clicks for you. You're missing out on a lot of content in the base game alone...

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Harrow posted:

Yeah, it's absolutely the only option. I do wonder if they're planning on giving us something to spend those extra 150 points (that I admittedly don't have yet) on or if it's just "hang onto them for the next expansion."

Considering map completion would leave you hanging around with 200+ points before HoT, I'm guessing they're happy to let the hero points sit on your character until the next elite spec.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Xae posted:

Pretty Princess Chat: Necromancer Edition

What goes well with the Reaper's Hood?

The plain, worn fabric of the hood clashes with most of the robes available.

Any suggestions?

Alt Chat:

Revenant or Druid for the most supporty guy possible?

I haven't seen the reaper's hood, but the Flame Legion Vestments look downright ragged.
Unfortunately, they also make your arms fiery (and tail, if you're a charr), which doesn't necessarily work well for a necromancer.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Patch is out. ~650 MB

quote:

Bug Fixes:
General
- Fixed server crashes.
- Fixed client crashes.
- Fixed a crash in guild mission instances.
- Changed the total cost to fully unlock elite specializations from 400 to 250. For players who have parts of the track trained, hero points will be refunded for the difference between the old cost and the new.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the client to appear frozen for extended periods of time when attempting to play a cutscene without having fully patched the game.
- Fixed a bug in which some attuned ascended rings from the Mystic Forge were misnamed.

Verdant Brink
- Fixed an issue in which the water dolyak in the cannon event at the Pact Encampment could sometimes enter a state where he could not be interacted with, stalling the event.
- Fixed an issue in which Scout Acan would not acknowledge some players who successfully glided by him.
- Changed bosses in the Nightthistle hero challenge in Verdant Brink to no longer be random.
- The Coztic Itzel hero point challenge has moved to the location of the former Mordrem Flamerider hero challenge.
- Turned the Mordrem Flamerider hero challenge into a commune point and moved it to the old location of the Coztic Itzel hero challenge.
- Updated the hero challenge near Itzel Village in Verdant Brink so that earning it is more clearly understood.

Auric Basin
- Fixed a bug that would give players achievement credit for Vinetooth even if Vinetooth was not defeated.
- Updated the Toxic Bacon hero challenge in Auric Basin so that earning it is more clearly understood.
- Fixed an issue preventing the chak lobber brood from spawning.
- Players wielding Enchanted Armors who are inside the Skritt Challenge area when the auction closes will no longer lose their transform.
- Fixed the Exalted at Westwatch and Southwatch who arrive at the beginning of Trial by Fire to play their scene and stand station at the challenges.

Tangled Depths
- Removed experience from mushrooms in the “Collect spore samples and turn them in to Kott’s Assistant” event to prevent experience farming.

Heart of Thorns Story
- Fixed a bug in which the Veteran Chak Blitzer in “Chapter 13: Buried Insight” was dying prematurely and not triggering a story cutscene.

Guild Halls
- Fixed an issue that prevented Aetherium Boosts purchased from the influence trader from applying their full effect.
- Removed the Badge of Tribute cost requirement from War Room Restoration 1.

Adventures
- Fixed a bug wherein The Ley-Line Run had mismatching time thresholds between Daily and All Time.
- Bugs in the Branches, Flying Circus, Shooting Gallery, and Beetle Feast adventures are now available more frequently.
- Increased the threshold for gold, silver, and bronze in the Sanctum Scramble Adventure.

Ranger
- Pack Alpha: Fixed a bug in which this trait was not applying its recharge reduction to some of the new pet skills on the Bristleback, Smokescale, Fire Wyvern, and Electric Wyvern.
- Druid—Terminate Celestial Avatar: Updated description text on this skill.
- Druid—Astral force no longer degenerates out of combat.

Necromancer
- Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.

Mesmer
- Chronomancer—Gravity Well: Reduced damage of final strike by 20%.

Revenant
- Infuse Light: Reduced the duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Phase Traversal: Added a 5-second recharge.
- Crystal Hibernation: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Soothing Bastion: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Surge of the Mists: Reduced the damage by 15%.

Guardian
- Dragonhunter—Procession of Blades: Increased the cooldown of this ability from 20 to 25 seconds.
- Dragonhunter—Test of Faith: Reduced the duration of this trap from 9 seconds — the tooltip incorrectly indicated 8 — to 6.
- Dragonhunter—Dragon’s Maw: Increased the cooldown of this ability from 60 to 75 seconds.

Thief
- Deadly Arts: Improvisation: Fixed an issue that prevented this trait from recharging physical skills when stealing from an enemy.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 28, 2015

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

J3ng4 posted:

You get these from the frog dudes like everyone says. Also the recipes don't just require normal Gossamer Padding or whatever they use Oiled versions which required Linseed Oil (a new crafted material). I made a set on my Mesmer last night and as of right now I would NOT suggest it unless you have ~110g+ as the new materials are expensive as gently caress right now. You can get the Inscriptions from doing the Story Achievements and random drops.

Apparently you can farm Linseed Oil by doing one of the HoT story chapters, I think the first chapter? (Not the prologue, the one after.) One of the paths in that chapter gives Linseed Oil as a reward. (So says the wiki.)

Generic Octopus posted:

The major barrier to entry is getting the craft to 500; after that just craft the ascended mats every day until you've got what you need. If you actually buy everything from the tp it's daunting, but in practice if you have a bunch of poo poo lying around from years of play it's not even a hassle.

All the time gated stuff is a pain, but yeah, it's not really that bad once you get crafting to 500.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 28, 2015

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

ItBurns posted:

People either missed this or are ignoring it because ~lol meta~ but no, sinister is excellent on a handful of classes and passable on a few more.

Amazing Tier:
Dhuumfire Reaper
Sword/Torch Berserker

OK Tier:
Burn Guardian
Pistol/Pistol kit Engi
Trap/Spirit Ranger

Bad Tier:
Mallyx Rev
Burn Ele

lol Tier:
Thief condi whatever
Mes 'seriously confusion isn't good in PvE' mer

Taking a closer look reveals some common themes among the better options, namely that they have great direct damage and good access to burning. The other classes either don't have good damage on their condi weapons (thief, rev) or have conditions that aren't as good in PvE as they are in PvP (mesmer, rev).

The new Viper's stat set (Condition Damage, Power, Precision, Expertise (condition duration)) could supersede Sinister for some of these builds. From what I've seen, you trade a little bit of Condition Damage* and Precision for more Power and Condition Duration. It's pretty attractive if you have direct damage. I'm planning on outfitting my Reaper with Viper's weapons and trinkets, which when combined with the condition duration foods (which have been nerfed) will give ~50% condition duration. Add in Runes of Grenth for 100% Chill duration!

*I'm not entirely sure of the numbers, but the 4-stat sets have ~85% main stats compared to the regular 3-stat sets. So an Ascended Sinister pistol has 125 Condition Damage/90 Power/90 Precision, while an Ascended Viper's pistol has 108 Condition Damage, 108 Power, 59 Precision, 59 Expertise.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if you saw but training the first rank of dragon hunter unlocked a collection for an ascended long now you can choose that stats for.

Do we know which stats you can choose? Usually you're limited to the default ones, but being able to choose Sinister or Viper's would make it worth using...

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Uziduke posted:

Are you sure its ascended? On my warrior when I unlocked zker I got a exotic torch.

You get an exotic weapon when you start training, which unlocks a Specialization Collection that gives you an ascended version.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Specialization_Collections

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

forkbucket posted:

Wouldn't you be able to use the mystic forge thing to change it like any other ascended weapon?

:aaa: I didn't know that's a thing!!

On the other hand, all of these collections require Level 4 in each of the HoT masteries, as far as I can tell.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Your Computer posted:

What's the best course of action when it comes to excess materials for someone who doesn't have the :10bux: to spend on material and bank expansions? I'm honestly a bit peeved at it since there's so little space available and so many things that take up space (even more with the expansion), it feels like the scummy "oh, it's free to play, you just gotta pay if you want to keep your items" that you expect from mobile games. There's so much stuff that's account bound too, so I can't even sell it :geno:

e: even stuff like boosters. I was so happy with the Boost Enchantment Powder, but even with it I still have eight different types of boosters taking up space. Ugh, I'm so mad at video games :(

Are you talking about crafting mats? In that case, refine them if possible, which will at least give you time until your material storage fills up with refined mats.

If it's stuff you can't salvage, can't sell on the TP and can't sell to vendors... well, destroy it if it's nothing useful. :shrug: If it's things that could be useful, get a 15, 18 or 20 slot invisible bag and stick it in there.

If it's stuff that you can use, then use it! Especially boosters. The bonuses are so minor that it doesn't really matter if you have them or not. (Except crafting boosters. Those are useful if you're leveling a crafting discipline.)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

AzureSkye posted:

You don't get mastery credit in any halloween content unless that just got changed.

They said they wouldn't/couldn't change it while it's live, since it might mess too many things up. Something to do with how XP is granted, I guess, they didn't really give details. So it hasn't changed, still no mastery XP from the Halloween stuff.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Are there known issues with Guild Wars 2 on the Nvidia GTX 970? That's the only recent upgrade i've made and Guild Wars 2 is now unplayable on my PC. It ran fantastic on my previous card, GTX 460. The load times have also massively increased, over 1 minute.

I just upgraded to a GTX 970 too. I never had trouble before this, but now I'm getting black screens and occasionally full crashes. It happened once (or twice) before HoT, too.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Harrow posted:

Stop temping me to finally get an SSD. I drop enough money on my silly gaming hobby as it is.

...I'm gonna get an SSD before the year's out, aren't I? Just pretend this :10bux: is on fire. And also there are a lot more of them, and they're also on fire.

Seconding getting an SSD. I have one just for my OS, and it makes a huge difference for boot times. There's an SSD megathread in SHSC, but they're going to tell you the same thing Arus is: A Samsung 850 EVO (or 840 EVO) is your best bet.

(I should totally upgrade my SSD...)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

LemonAIDS posted:

Just beat the story and I felt like some parts were unique to being a Silvari. Are there any differences in the story if you are/aren't Silvari?

Yes, a lot of the story is different based on your race. Obviously in HoT, it's going to be way different for sylvari compared to everyone else.
It's one of the subtle, cool things in GW2.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I would think that once you unlock it you can use it on any (heavy armor) character.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

brainSnakes posted:

Are any of the new stat setups cool? I've been as happy with my assassin's gear on scrapper as I was power rifle, so I haven't really looked into them. I did find some book to let me craft minstrel chest pieces in some ship wreck pod, though.

Marauder's (Power, Precision, Ferocity, Vitality) and Viper's (Power, Condition Damage, Precision, Condition Duration) are both looking really good. Minstrel (Toughness, Healing Power, Vitality, Boon Duration) was popular in PvP until it was banned, afaik.

They provide an interesting balance between the old 3-stat sets. Marauder's is basically Berserker x Valkyries, for example, while Viper's is great for hybrid builds. The added condition duration and boon duration on the other sets are really nice for some builds, too.

Here's a full list: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3pwdzu/new_stats_and_specialization_runes/

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Rakeris posted:

Man ya'll making me want to level a necro now just for reaper.

I did, it's worth it.

But then again I love shout builds just for the sheer silliness of them.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Edit: screw my Rev and a hypothetical Guardian, I'm power-leveling my necro :stare:x100

I did exactly this and haven't looked back. Reaper has some incredibly good traits to complement some really powerful skills.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Trilin posted:

Is there any deal with Berserker or are they just not as flashy or fun as the others?

What do you give a class that already has everything?

Shab posted:

Are there any build guides out there for leveling a necro from scratch via PvE? For I am a wee noob babe in woods afraid of PvP.

Pick a couple weapons. Staff is great for ranged combat, AoE and conditions. Axe is great for mid-range power/vulnerability. Dagger can be mainhand (life steal) or offhand (weakness and condition transfer), and is commonly used with a scepter mainhand for long-range conditions. Warhorn is a straight-up support tool, mainly used for swiftness. Focus is chill, boon strip and vulnerability.

Non-minion utilities: I personally like Blood is Power and Well of Suffering, with either Poison Cloud or Signet of the Locust in the third slot. Lich form or Plague for the elite skill. There's some other great utility skills, like Spectral Walk.

Minion utilities: Idk, I don't like minions. Pick a few, they're probably not terrible. And you can make them explode, I guess.

For traits, Soul Reaping boosts your shroud, which is pretty useful! (And also works great with Reaper!) Death Magic is useful for minions. Corruption works well with any Corruption skills, obviously. Spite is good for conditions and boon stripping, with signets thrown in for extra measure. Blood Magic boosts marks, so if you're using staff, pick that trait line.

Mix-and-match, play around with things, have fun. I personally chose Axe/Dagger and Scepter/Focus for my weapons. The default shroud felt slow and boring and I only used it when I had a ton of enemies around or my health was going low. The Reaper's Shroud is so much better.

Edit: This is coming from someone who powerleveled a Necro (in PvE) for the soul purpose (heh!) of playing Reaper, so I went with what seemed useful and similar to Reaper. I do not claim any deep understanding of Necro beyond shouting at things and hitting them with a large sword.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 1, 2015

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm doing a hybrid power/condi (i.e. viper's) build. Right now I'm in all Carrion gear and it works fine, but i'm going to upgrade my weapons and trinkets to Viper's.

A power/crit build (Lots of power and ferocity, some precision) also works great, considering how easy it is to get >100% crit chance with Reaper. Throw in some Vitality (Valkyrie, or Marauder) and you're pretty much set.

As for runes... I don't know, Grength or Ice if you want to do chill stuff?
If you're good, Runes of the Scholar are still the way to go, especially since the bonus is based on your health. Trigger reaper's shroud while your health is above the threshold and you'll get the damage bonus the entire time.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Chill is less useful in PvE now, enemies with breakbars (which is anything that you'd want to chill up their cooldowns) now ignores the effects of control conditions, where they didn't in the Defiance system.

Other way around, actually. "Soft" CC like Chill definitely does affect break bars, but not as much as hard CC does. Try chilling a rolling devil, for example. AFAIK soft CC didn't affect Defiance at all.

Plus the Deathly Chill trait turns Chill into a damaging condition with pretty great scaling. On the other hand, it's competing with Reaper's Onslaught, which is amazingly good too.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Ah, OK, I see what you mean. I agree with you on the runes -- you get an extra 20% duration bonus to Chill anyway as a Reaper minor trait, so boosting Burning or condition duration in general is a better idea.

4 Runes of the Nightmare + 2 Runes of the Trapper gets you an extra 10% condition duration at the cost of 75 condition damage, compared to 5 Runes of the Nightmare. Or you could throw on a Black Diamond (viper's jewel) for the Expertise, not that it would help much.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 1, 2015

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
What kind of nice things do you want? Your best bet is to find something you like on the wiki, then find out how to get it. There's galleries for all the weapons (check the subcategories) and galleries for armor. (Check the side bar for your race + armor class.)

After that it's just a matter of farming the necessary resources.

Edit: Fixed weapon gallery link

Solumin fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 2, 2015

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

E: this only really counts for verdant brink. Auric basin and Dragon's Stand require you to be in an organized map. Twisted depths is a whole other can of chak that i havent mastered

gently caress Twisted Depths. I cannot figure that map out and I kind of hate it right now.
Maybe it'll be easier once I get Nuhoch Wallows? Who knows.

I like Auric Basin a lot, but at this rate I'm never going to get the last 2 hero challenges. One of them Leyline Gliding, and the other requires successfully clearing the map's meta event. :negative:
(There's one more that requires Wallows or Leyline Gliding. I'll get it soon enough.)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

If this is the one west of the falls, you can get there with an experimental rifle. Check dulfy for the video.

I knew about that, but haven't grabbed a rifle because I'm lazy. :v:

That, and dulfy suggests having multiple players tackle it... Though maybe I can solo it as a necro!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I think the only thing they'd need to do to tune mastery experience to something not rear end is to just tone the requirements down to what a typical level's worth of EXP is and then scale up gradually from there rather than starting at the relatively huge numbers and going up to insanity.

The masteries are equivalent to a couple levels each. You need 254,000 experience to gain a level when you're at level 80. Level 1 masteries are 508,000, or 2 levels. Level 2 masteries are 4 levels, level 3 are 7 levels... OK yeah, that's a lot of experience. The last tier of the Legendary Crafting mastery is 20 levels worth of XP! So really they could cut the XP in half and it would be more fun, probably.

Farbror posted:

Unrelated to HoL really, but I can't find good info on this on the wiki and I'm dumb.

I've still got masterwork jewelry and trinkets on my level 80. Where do I find ascended or, even bette, exotic stuff for these slots?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinkets

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Fractals are fun if you just started doing them :shobon:

One fractal at a time is much less overwhelming than having to run 3 in a row or whatever.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I'm relatively new to this game, and I'm about to get my first character to 80 (a warrior). What are common mistakes new/firsttime 80s make?

Also TIL that a commander tag costs 300 gold. gently caress, I just wanted to lead a train around the labyrinth.

I don't think you can really make mistakes in this game? I don't know, as long as you're not doing anything like, say, selling all of your mats right before you start crafting things.

You could get the Mentor icon from that one Mastery instead of a commander tag.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I have a few small goals I want to reach, like pretty princessing, crafting certain gear, or doing certain content. Sometimes I want to level an alt.

If friends are playing (I'm not in the goon guilds) then I'll do what they're doing. (And if I seriously wanted to play when none of them are interested, I know I can hit up this thread and find people.)

Otherwise? Well, GW2 is free. There's no obligation to keep playing if you're bored. I've already got my money's worth for the base game.

Play other games. Don't burn out on GW2.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Reaper. Two gigantic health pools, plenty of healing, and insane damage. Not to mention pretty great utility: GS 3 gives 12 stacks of Vuln and refills your life force, GS 4 is an area blind, GS 5 is a big pull that can grab multiple targets.
Not to mention the sheer joy of yelling "YOUR SOUL IS MINE!" or "NOTHING CAN SAVE YOU!" as you cut down swathes of enemies :black101:

From what I've heard, Ranger is ~ok~ in HoT, and the new pets are really cool.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I'm closing in on 80. What should I do first to get on track to opening up Reaper?

I'm proud of you.

Only thing you need to do to unlock Reaper is to train everything else in the class, which you will be able to do with all the hero points you earn when you reach level 80.

Laphroaig posted:

11/04/2015 – November 4 Release Notes

Necromancer
Reaper— - Deathly Chill: Removed the 50% health threshold on this skill so that it now does the same damage at all times. Adjusted the damage ratio. Decreased the base damage from 40 to 10. Increased the level multiplier by 25%. Increased the condition damage multiplier by 87%.

I'm quite possibly the only Reaper using this trait, and I can't tell if this is a buff or nerf or just a simplification. The base damage used to be 194 (290 if below 50% health) at level 80. The extra condi damage multiplier is nice though, that brings it up to +30 damage for every 100 condition damage -- that's nearly double the damage from burning, though Chill doesn't stack so whatever.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Considering I keep crashing in the first 5 minutes of the game, I'm not sure my issue is RAM.
(The issue is probably my graphics card :sigh: sometimes I make it an hour or two in though, and I've only had a real "GW2 has crashed, send error report?" deal once in HoT.)

malhavok posted:

I like that trait too and i can't make heads or tails out of that either.

I understand a fair bit of it, but I don't have enough numbers to figure out exactly what the change is. Or if "adjust the damage ratio" is something separate or detailed by the subsequent sentences.

I was writing up a whole post about math, but the wiki's been updated: Base damage is now 202, with +30 damage for every 100 condition damage. (Or, 30% of your condition damage is added to the chill damage.)
300 condition damage will put you at the same damage chill did when the enemy was below the threshold. In fact, at 1500 condition damage (a pretty solid number) you'll be doing ~the exact same amount of damage per second.
So yeah, it's basically a slight simplification, a nerf if you don't have condition damage, and slightly worse downscaling.

Edit: Assuming the wiki is correct.

Harrow posted:

I'm very glad that I chose male asura for my Necromancer, because he seriously nails all of the shouts.

The male charr also does a great job, he's very threatening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm running a condition build but I still agree with the above. Reaper's Onslaught is the way to go unless you're really focusing conditions, and even then getting another Soul Spiral quickly is pretty awesome.

The only reason I can think to take Deathly Chill over Reaper's Onslaught is when you're fighting a boss/champion with few adds and you have some condi damage. There you might find the +15% attack speed doesn't outweigh the extra chill damage, maybe.

Reaper has some incredibly good traits.

• Locked thread