Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I did it, I finished reaper :unsmith: Now I can shout at people even more!
(The trick was to run a straight line from Lion's Arch down to Malchor's Leap, picking up any hero points I came across.)

Plus I only have 4 PoI left on Verdant Brink. It really is such a neat map!

On the other hand, I crashed 3 more times, the last one triggering a chkdsk. So... that's not good.
I'm beginning to think it's an overheating problem, but I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Well I guess I can rule out memory leaks and overheating as causes of my crashes.
Launched GW2, loaded my reaper, got my daily reward, opened the trading post and got a black screen. Probably playing for... 30 seconds at most? So definitely not long enough for either of those things to be a factor.

I guess I'll start turning down graphics settings.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Cyron posted:

Ok I keep hearing good things about minion master reaper, any one have a good spec for it?

Quorum did a big post about his minion master reaper build:

Quorum posted:

So I was asked what I'm currently running on my ratpeople minion-master reaper, so here it is:

In short, specialize in:
Death Magic, taking the top choice each time.
- Flesh of the Master makes both you and your minions tougher, and it scales your toughness bonus based on how many minions you have, and as we will see, the idea is to end up with all the minions.
- Necromantic Corruption buffs your minions' damage, and also lets them cure your conditions! This is very good, as you will have lots of minions.
- Death Nova makes your minions kamikaze when they die, which is way better than them just splatting. It also summons MORE MINIONS when you kill enemies. This is good, because more minions means more dead enemies.

Blood Magic, taking the bottom choice each time.
- Blood Bond lets you siphon health from your enemies when you make them bleed. This is good, because your staff 2 (with its very low cooldown) inflicts lots of bleeding in an AOE!
- Vampiric Presence gives both you and your allies health-siphoning powers whenever you hit foes. Your minions count as allies. Now your minions are healing themselves.
- Transfusion gives you extra healing on one of your shroud skills, but to be honest this choice is less important and if you really like one of the other choices you can probably swap out.

Reaping, duh. Go with 1/1/whatever you want.
- Augury of Death lets you shout more, and makes your shouts siphon even more health. This is amazing because you will be shouting Rise! at literally every occasion.
- Soul Eater makes Gravedigger (your GS 2) faster, and it also siphons health. Notice a pattern? With this reduction, if you hit a low-health enemy, you will siphon its health and also be able to gravedigger again immediately. You are now a health-siphoning gravedigger-spamming monster.

As for weapons, I go with Greatsword/Staff. Greatsword provides amazing melee-range damage, and the Gravedigger-spam thing is just godlike. Staff provides you with AOE support and damage capabilities, a condition clear, and Mark of Blood, which makes your enemies bleed (triggering the signet of vampirism thing) and applies regeneration to your allies. Remember that your minions will be in a cluster around your enemies, so they'll all get healed on top of the health-siphoning they're now doing. Go wild.

For utilities, I have slotted:
- Rise!, which is literally the best thing forever. It summons shambling horrors, 1 plus an additional one for every enemy in range. These horrors are not just adorable, they also come in huge numbers, stacking your toughness into the sky. Not just that, they tank for you, taking half of incoming damage as long as they're attacking a foe! You love these guys. They are your best friends. Hammer this constantly, especially if you're in range of lots of enemies. Remember, because of that trait in Reaping, this shout will also heal you!
- Bone Minions, because there's two of them, which is the main edge over Shadow Fiend. Plus you can blow them up for a blast finisher.
- Bone Fiend, because he hits hard and at range.
- For healing skill, Blood Fiend, because it's a surprisingly effective constant heal that also deals damage and adds to your toughness, but you can slot a more active heal if you really feel like you need it (you won't),
- For elite, Flesh Golem, because fleeeeesh goooooolem.

Strategically, what you're mostly doing is running around with all your minions. When you see a big group of enemies, run into the middle of them, pop Rise!, then back off and provide support with your staff's AOE Marks while your minions soften them up. Then, dash in and get in the thick of things with your greatsword. Wreck face. Apply Reaper Form as necessary, rinse, repeat.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Which is exactly why ANet dropped the XP and gold reward from them. That was the point.

I'm hoping they'll revamp in and return the gold rewards at some point in the future. Having fewer people running dungeons means they don't have to deal with as much whining, I expect.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

SlothBear posted:

Holy hell. Support sent me another recipe thing to learn within an hour or so. The item descriptions may be misleading but the support is incredible.

They also gave me the Mad Memories skin that didn't get added to my wardrobe years ago.

There was a thread on Reddit a week or two ago about the same issue you had, and one of the devs involved with the legendary crafted responded. So they're definitely aware that it's an issue, which is probably why support gave you a new recipe.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon because it's pretty stupid!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Lonk posted:

Canach loving zinged a crippled child. 10/10 would/did play on all my alts.

"I'm not saying it, nature's saying it." :smuggo:

Canach :allears:

That mission bugged out a few times for me, and that line always made me feel better.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You're probably missing a couple utilities, grandmaster traits and the elite skill, but if that doesn't bother you then don't worry about it.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Has anyone tried the HoT story Extreme Mode? I've heard literally nothing about it, besides the achievement in the HoT Act 4 section.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It's not poo poo advice but if you end up doing high-level fractals you might need to get a new amulet, but I'm not sure about it.
Edit: Not sure if you'll be able to reuse the infusion slot or not.
+20% MF is pretty significant, +15% karma is basically worthless. Play the game long enough and you'll be swimming in it. I've been playing off-and-on for two years and have ~1.3 million karma. Don't worry about karma.

Getting an ascended amulet first is a good idea because it's a huge stat boost, but you'll be more than fine with an exotic amulet for now.

Why are you banking luck? Artificer just lets you combine it for easier consumption, but that's a moot point now since you can right click -> consume all.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Am I the only person unable to access dulfy? Every time I go to the website, I just get a "Sucuri WebSite Firewall" page.

EDIT: Raid announced. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-17-2015/

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Not a Step posted:

How do I make mesmers fun to play? I have an 80 mesmer I leveled mainly through crafting, mostly because every time I tried to actually play her I'd get bored and park her back in LA in favor of someone else. Mesmer just feels really slow for some reason, and whatever I pop a phantasm on seems to get focused down and dies two seconds later. It would be great if I could actually learn to like mesmer though, because I play with my wife and the portals would really come in handy. Is there some secret to making mesmer fun that I don't know?

Also someone tell me about berserker. I've got a warrior close to 80 I could try pushing into HoT if berserker is amazing

Play Chronomancer, from what I've heard.

Mercurius posted:

Marauder and Crusader use the old exotic crafting stuff, all the others that are bought with map currencies use oiled versions of the old exotic stuff which as noted use 5 linseed oil per component (so panel+lining or hilt+blade is 10) which is expensive as hell currently given you need 200 flax seeds per 10 oil.

Apparently you can get 5 bottles of Linseed oil from one of the challenges in the 2nd (?) chapter of the HoT story. I do not know if this is repeatable.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Here's more info about the rewards from raids: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/raid-rewards-in-guildwars2/

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Generic Octopus posted:

Nah that's a mash of light armor.

Looks like the Trickster's armor with Carapace armor shoulders. Could be wrong about the boots though, and I'm not sure if there's even a helmet in the picture.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Hefty posted:

Whoops, you're right.

I had the same reaction you did though. It looks really out of place for so-called legendary armor, and it's right next to the section labeled "Legendary Armor"... Thankfully, it isn't actually legendary armor.

mike12345 posted:

I'm glad I like the minimal look from the cheaper armor sets. The expensive ones are too baroque most of the times, too much ornamental stuff and bling. (e: assuming these are expensive or rare drops whatever)

Plus the minimal armor won't look as bad when it's stretched out on your Charr :v:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

tarbrush posted:

Was expecting Asura butt

You know, I realized I should have done that right as I clicked the submit button.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I didn't get this particular experience but fuckin :lol:

This happens constantly throughout the personally story, especially the Orrian chapters. (Like levels 70-80 leading up to Zhaitan I guess?)
You get this emotional scene where someone dies/someone's wife dies/all hope is lost and then CONGRATS YOU GET LOOT.

ItBurns posted:

I finally scrounged enough Ley Line Crystals to get this guy.

Very nice! :eyepop:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I'm looking to get into crafting, and I have one alt of every profession, which is more than enough to cover each of the 9 crafting disciplines. Therefore, are there any disciplines where is it valuable to double up on?

I'm pretty sure there isn't, since your characters would just be competing for mats. Time-gated crafted items (e.g. Lumps of Mithrillium) are gated across your entire account, too, so multiple crafters don't help there.
Plus, recipes are unlocked per-character, so if you find a particularly cool item you want to craft, you'd have to decide which char with that discipline will learn it.

Nothing wrong with repeating a discipline if you're just trying to get a few extra levels though.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm actually way confused because I remember this announcement said there would be a mastery track for each raid, but the article doesn't say that at all.

So either I'm going crazy and somehow read into that post way too much... or it was edited at some point? IDK.

I would expect raid masteries to be like the fractal masteries: they add extra stuff that makes the content more interesting/deeper but is not required to be successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Morshu posted:

So anet posted this image on their twitter for their style sale or whatever, but I noticed that kickass rifle that the norn in the middle is using

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT94ahhWEAEv3wG.jpg:large

Does anyone know what skin that is? I don't recall seeing it in the wardrobe.

That's definitely the Pact Fleet Hammer and Pistol skins, but that rifle? Never seen it before, and there's nothing like it on the wiki.

It doesn't look flashy enough to be a Black Lion weapon set. Maybe it's one of the new uniques that was added with HoT?

• Locked thread