Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I'd just like if they replied to issues posted on their official forums. It seems like there are more posts of "Look what dev X said on this reddit thread" on the official forums than responses from devs on the official forums. Isn't the point of having official forums having an official place to discuss and address things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

GI_Clutch posted:

I'd just like if they replied to issues posted on their official forums. It seems like there are more posts of "Look what dev X said on this reddit thread" on the official forums than responses from devs on the official forums. Isn't the point of having official forums having an official place to discuss and address things?

For an MMO, the official forum is more or less just a place for awful MMO players to bitch and whine. Its basically there to contain those types of players. This lets other forums have slightly less of those people. Other companies, like Blizzard, have been using Reddit and Twitter more and more it seems too.

Like the Reddit subreddit isn't great, but its still miles better than the official forums.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

mike12345 posted:

the shield doesn't flow with the rest (color- or shape-wise), that zephyr skin or whatever it's called is also a noob indicator (to me at least)

It reminds me of Glint. I hate most shield skins, to be honest.
Any suggestions for a shield that won't break the bank or cost gems?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
What about the herald shield?

Edit: I mean the basic version you get from unlocking the specialization, at least. The collection for the improved version doesn't seem to be very expensive to make but it's gonna take a while to get all the masteries you need.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 10, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The drytop beetle shield is pretty swell, Herald is probably the best class for using all those crystal weapons, themewise.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

mike12345 posted:

the shield doesn't flow with the rest (color- or shape-wise), that zephyr skin or whatever it's called is also a noob indicator (to me at least)

list other 'noob indicators' please

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Tangled Depths is so bad that when I try to zone into it from Dragon's Stand it assumes I made a mistake and automatically ports me back.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

ItBurns posted:

Lack of pumpkins in your Guild Hall.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
CoF P1 Speed zerky only! ZENITH SKIN = KICK

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
The zenith shield owns

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Kenshin posted:

The zenith shield owns

*opens raid_blacklist.xls*

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ItBurns posted:

Lack of fashion sense, which can fall into using those skins most of the time.

If you don't look Fabulous, you can't join my raid.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I refuse to do the living story while Rytlock is walking around in his welfare collection set.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
The guild armor and weapon skins are baller. Is goon or sfd high enough level to get em?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

The only noob indicator worth a drat is if they haven't changed their pet's names from the default

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Illuyankas posted:

The only noob indicator worth a drat is if they haven't changed their pet's names from the default

:agreed:

Edit: I kinda want to take my second ranger and rename his pets a very slight misspelling of the default names just to gently caress with people. Or swap it with a default name of the same type but different species and see if anyone catches it.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
I kinda want to make a white human female ranger using the Royal Guard outfit, Zenith weapon skins, and only use default named bears.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Raskolnikov posted:

New colors to match my new shield.

I'm glad you could get that mask to work for you. My mesmer uses bead weapons and has a yellow theme to her, and that mask's silver lining cannot be dyed. Otherwise it would have been perfect. I eventually had to switch to a full face mask, and now I want to change her whole setup!

Maybe I should use a few marauder parts for some more hp. I mean, nothing wrong with some more hp for a mesmer of all things.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Tried Trap DH with GS and LB in sPvP. Holy poo poo the burst damage :stare:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Are raids open yet? I know I of all people am the epitome of casual friendly playstyle, but I am just itching for something challenging like GW1's elite dungeons/zones.

Getting the new elite specs and trying to theorycraft new builds is starting to get me into maximum sperg mode, and I loving love it. Now if only I wasn't so poor as to not be able to afford anything. :(

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Some time mid-month, along with :siren: BIRDSTAFF :siren: and the other, lesser legendaries.

My iPad autocorrected birdstaff into all caps :lol:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Has anyone tried the HoT story Extreme Mode? I've heard literally nothing about it, besides the achievement in the HoT Act 4 section.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Question about Ascended Amulets.

I recently hit 80 for the first time (as I've mentioned before), and in my Youtube bingeing, I came across a "Gearing at 80" or something similar video. Basically, the video suggests getting an Ascended Amulet as one of your first ascended pieces, particularly if you can get the 20 Laurel + 250 BoH version (which I can).

My first 80 is a Warrior, so I assume I should get one of the Berserker stat set amulets, but the video suggests the one with the Utility slot and getting either the Magic Find or Karma Increase Infusion (+20% MF and +15% Karma respectively). Is this good advice, or poo poo? For reference, I have currently a +51% MF account wide, and a shitload of banked Luck (not sure if I will ever have an Artificer).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Are raids open yet? I know I of all people am the epitome of casual friendly playstyle, but I am just itching for something challenging like GW1's elite dungeons/zones.

Getting the new elite specs and trying to theorycraft new builds is starting to get me into maximum sperg mode, and I loving love it. Now if only I wasn't so poor as to not be able to afford anything. :(

Try and read at least the previous page before asking

Kassad posted:

And the first wing of the raid is meant to become available "in mid-November", so probably next week

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It's not poo poo advice but if you end up doing high-level fractals you might need to get a new amulet, but I'm not sure about it.
Edit: Not sure if you'll be able to reuse the infusion slot or not.
+20% MF is pretty significant, +15% karma is basically worthless. Play the game long enough and you'll be swimming in it. I've been playing off-and-on for two years and have ~1.3 million karma. Don't worry about karma.

Getting an ascended amulet first is a good idea because it's a huge stat boost, but you'll be more than fine with an exotic amulet for now.

Why are you banking luck? Artificer just lets you combine it for easier consumption, but that's a moot point now since you can right click -> consume all.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Question about Ascended Amulets.

I recently hit 80 for the first time (as I've mentioned before), and in my Youtube bingeing, I came across a "Gearing at 80" or something similar video. Basically, the video suggests getting an Ascended Amulet as one of your first ascended pieces, particularly if you can get the 20 Laurel + 250 BoH version (which I can).

My first 80 is a Warrior, so I assume I should get one of the Berserker stat set amulets, but the video suggests the one with the Utility slot and getting either the Magic Find or Karma Increase Infusion (+20% MF and +15% Karma respectively). Is this good advice, or poo poo? For reference, I have currently a +51% MF account wide, and a shitload of banked Luck (not sure if I will ever have an Artificer).

Don't bother with an artificer for stacking luck, just right click the luck stack and hit consume all. I don't think combining luck even gives exp. But yes the MF infusion is recommended.

As for the stats, zerker is great for a power based warrior. I don't think marauder is available as an ascended amulet, and I'm pretty sure warrior is tanky enough to not care about it. If you think you'd want something a bit diferent like soldiers or knights for power + defense for some reason later on, you can always use it in your armor or weapons. Or hell, you can always give the amulet to an alt. It is account bound, not soulbound.

Edit:

efb

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
MF Infusion it is.

And looks like I'll consume all that Luck too. MF percentage going through the roof today.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
New gemstore items:
http://dulfy.net/2015/11/10/gw2-gemstore-updatelyssas-regalia-and-gathering-flutes/

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Noble Count outfit is classy as gently caress.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Am I the only person unable to access dulfy? Every time I go to the website, I just get a "Sucuri WebSite Firewall" page.

EDIT: Raid announced. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-17-2015/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Someone post details/pics of the new gem store items here please!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Lyssa outfit and new infinite harvesting tools.

Play flutes, summon bugs (???) to gather stuff for you.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

finally, the outfits charr have been craving...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm not sure asura are the worst race anymore

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
That picture makes me cringe at my main character being a charr.

Ewwwww.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
So, still no pics of the legendary armor?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm not sure asura are the worst race anymore

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Waiting for bobblehead charr pics in that outfit

Schpyder posted:

:agreed:

Edit: I kinda want to take my second ranger and rename his pets a very slight misspelling of the default names just to gently caress with people. Or swap it with a default name of the same type but different species and see if anyone catches it.

My asura ranger has had a devourer pet called Juvenile Brown Bear since 2012, you occasionally get pubbies stopping midrun to turn and look a second time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
After 3 years, my mesmer finally has a new outfit. This time in Cletus-mode, with no cultural, gemstore, or dungeon armour and without using a piece from the same set twice.

Waci fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 10, 2015

• Locked thread