Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

loving Karl coming to nerf our specs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I read it as one bag slot and was excited. It'd be cool if it was a bag slot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

By this point you should have enough novelty gadgets to spread among your characters as is, I am just going to buy the one slot for my salvage o matic. Sure, maybe the ranger has the magic carpet, mage has the snowball, rev the tree tonic, oh and warrior can have the harp. It's just giving them their own flavor.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

How in the world would you read that article and think that gliding was required to beat the shatterer? It's just something you can do. And it's pretty smart to make the plebs watch us glide, i bet xpac sales go up a lot once they see how cool it is.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I was responding to Rasputin. Locking the meta behind it is meh, I'd rather it not be since it's pretty meaningless and nobody is going to buy the xpac in order to complete one meta.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

MooCowlian posted:

There's actually a big blow up on reddit right now about how metabattle is curated, and basically it turns out that there's about half a dozen people total who give enough of a poo poo to edit it at all, and with WvW being as dead as it is, it seems like there's just no-one there to fix anything. They're non-experts running it for free with a community that overwhelmingly doesn't bother. The people who might feel qualified to write and edit meta builds are the ones who really don't need to use metabattle, and whenever a non expert edits it they get shot down for making sub-optimal builds.

They just have a really rough time getting anyone to actually edit the wiki.

Yeah the community is being a bunch of shitlords because they fast tracked some builds to approved because nobody was testing builds and they sat in testing status forever. So if a build was from a known source like DnT, they were going to automatically add it to the meta. Which is fine, that doesn't mean it's the best ever, other builds can be submitted and tested, people are just being idiots because they want metabattle to organize and fund testing of builds.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Meh, if I was playing a game for a story, I'd just play Hatoful Boyfriend. I play GW2 for the guild missions.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Magres posted:

What was up with release Orr?

Twice as many mobs with more CC

It was terrible

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I've done it 3 or 4 times now and it was fun every time :shrug:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Shab posted:

Revenant is really clicking with me, the first class to really do so despite having some 150 odd hours into GW2. It's too bad I wasted all that time getting two characters to 60 before giving it a try :negative:

Well good news, it's getting nerfed on Tuesday! How bad? We don't know since we only have partial notes on changes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Schpyder posted:

Hey gooms, I just got another alt up to 80, so you know what that means. It's HoT HP train time! I'd like to get as productive a one going as possible, so please let me know what time would work best for you all. I'm thinking maybe like 9 PM EST tomorrow or Wednesday?

Oh good, I need to get my berserker set up since warrior is the true class. Either night works fine but I guess I prefer tomorrow.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

"Thank you for purchasing HoT, Rev will now be nerfed into the ground and warrior back on top."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I hope Keyz keeps making ele videos because it is a great help

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Half of my dragon's stand map just got disconnected about 1 minute into the looting stage, thereby missing out on all the pods. I try to remain positive ANet I really do, but yesterday the map failed because of a new build and now this. If you are going to design a system to lock out people who try to mooch at the end, then you SURE AS gently caress BETTER INCLUDE A SYSTEM TO PORT DC'S BACK INTO THEIR MAP. But that's probably just too difficult.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

my logitech g502 has served me very well. a few extra buttons but nothing crazy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't eaten it

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I just like that I don't have to adjust much to be a druid healer for open world stuff. I mean sure, I'd put more effort into it if I was healing raids, but now I can be the same ranger I was, but can instantly turn into a healer to help out the group and boost my participation. I just wish Ranger had better break bar destroyers, I haven't really found one I like a lot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I have all classes to 80 and, 3 years later, constantly waver on which to main. So good luck! It really is a great game though, despite the thread's recent bitchiness.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goattrails posted:

I've been burnt out on guild wars 2 for a couple of months.
Did anyone organise regular dragons stand runs? I never managed to get on a winning map for that event.

I've only had 1 map fail in the 10 or so that I did. Of course one time I DC'd after a success, which caused me to rage since you can't get back. And the one that failed did so because a new build was announced halfway through and a bunch of people left or couldn't get back in. The end part seems impossible to fail, while the leadup events give a ton of time. As long as the three tags are communicating then you should be fine. But if you don't have a tag in each lane or they aren't organizing for one, get out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hah, more wings today
https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/699631485603737600

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

tyblazitar posted:

Everyone here seems to just accept it as hard fact that raids are something the vast majority of players aren't even interested in, even quoting numbers like 5%, is this based on any real statistics or just "well most goons don't raid, so that must be true for the entire player base"?

I wouldn't put it at 5%, but history with raids has shown that it is a niche interest. The numbers they have found with WoW is that 20% do normal raid activity and up to 75% participate in LFR. So maybe if they had a non-poo poo LFG/LFR tool it would increase participation.

I agree with Cletus though, ANet has a history of abandoning the content they are working on, so this will probably be the only raid.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I don't think he was defending HoT, more taking a jab at Arus for being carried (on very many, strong shoulders)

We all know Arus is part of the secret raiding guild that checks your gear

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well here is something we should be proud of, apparently goon bad reputation is now linked to us loving around in GW2 and not just EVE. From a Black Desert reddit thread thinking that a goon is exploiting:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's a Dev SET HIM ON FIRE

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I took Carnegie's course and now I am so much more confident when speaking about the FPS fluctuations that happen on my Windows 10 computer.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Dreggon posted:

today i got Raid Loot™, it was a trinket that will slightly increase my damage on an alt character that i don't really play

Make sure to update the spreadsheet so we can keep track of alt raid teams and their gearing

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Alteisen posted:

Boob plate.

All the boob plate in the world shall be yours. But you shall never, ever, see a butt.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Probably feel like the living story update will be the next thing to get people back into the game, so prioritizing that. I can understand it, it's not like someone who quit is going to come back to grind to a legendary. Well, they shouldn't anyway.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

MooCowlian posted:

And yeah, I am pretty pissed that they're cancelling legendaries, I was kind of looking forward to potentially having some new interesting weapons. Right now this poo poo feels like the straw breaking my camel's back for a comically disastrous three years. Maybe the being pissed off here is clouding my judgement but since 2012 they've done a tiny number of things that are actually good and I still want to like this game so badly.

Quoting this so you will feel like such a fool when the living story about robo scarlet comes out and it's amazing

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

How about instead of new legendaries, we get new armour sets

Sure, some new outfits coming right up

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Xenix posted:

Apparently DHs make people so mad in PvP that even after you block them, they are so frothing-at-the-mouth-angry that they have to find another account to yell at you. This was a shortbow ranger in a ruby match tonight:

Well to be fair, he was right, you DID take this to the forums

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

oh yeah, how long is SAB here for? I'm not playing GW2 really at the moment but I'd hate to let it come and go without finally experiencing it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's probably for the best. If the two lesbian sylvari scissored, they might accidentally start a fire.

In other news, apparently they have finally unlocked rangers sword auto attack in the update. If true, that is fantastic.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 15, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/720960002379407360

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Bieeardo posted:

Has anyone else been seeing phantom candy corn nodes scattered around public zone maps recently? I've spotted a couple in Queensdale and Kessex Hills over the last few days, but they vanish upon approach.

I think SAB has been loving with my head.

Naw it happens, I would see them in Orr all the time

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I disagree with that. The last straw that sent me off from GW2 for the time being was grinding for the longbow skin from the xpac. It was such a frustrating grind, with each step a new surprise in how much more bullshit i needed to gather. Oh, and better hope you get a good map and don't get dc'd. There is a ton of good stuff with the xpac, but making every new map an event map was a mistake.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Any trip reports from d/d ele's

With the chest reward changes, sounds like I need to spend a lot of money on keys!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah I was in tangled yesterday just making my way to an adventure, and the couple events i got caught up in showered me with keys and sparks. So much more than when I was grinding them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Before HoT, I found myself bored with the Ranger because, for doing general pve poo poo, you were best just running GS/longsword. But now with Druid you can mix it up a bit, plus when doing HoT events you can hop into ascended mode or whatever and heal folks. It adds enough difference to combat to keep me engaged when doing long events. It can be a challenge healing idiots during the bosses phase of dragon stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ehhh I was able to get the full elite spec unlocked during the hp train on characters with like 10% world completion, and those trains just did the first two regions of hot.

• Locked thread