Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

ruffz posted:

I finally got this poo poo to reinstall after downloading at 250kb/s and below for like a day and a half. Logged off after about 5 minutes when I realized I had no idea how to play my Mesmer anymore. Looks like I need to set aside a few hours just to look at the skill menu.

This seems to happen a lot with people returning to the game. Honestly the best thing you can do is just play. Run around a map and do some hearts, or do some world bosses, or even jump into some pvp (pull a build from metabattle.com). Don't overthink it, just play and the details will work themselves out over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
time to fill destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dACwQa-1-DU

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Sorry m8 you look like broiled rear end, the fact that every piece matches is your first mistake.

You're edgy now. Nice, that's a big improvement over this

I hope it's not temporary

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
So seriously why aren't those new skins in-game rewards?

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
For 20,000 mouseclicks you too can have snowflakes float around your character.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

malhavok posted:

You can just click consume all, its the cost that sucks.

wow, loving casuals

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
I played some pvp and had fun... not sure how to react...

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You've been playing the wrong MMOs. GW2 goons will talk about anything. Trust me. Anything.

What's brown and rhymes with snoop?

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

UchihaHirou posted:

Looks like it's still the berserker meta.

Meta. Meta never changes.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Game is still good

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Lonk posted:

afaik the answer is yes, as long as whomever you bring in isn't like a total turd or anything. That whole accepting responsibility thing. I believe that was kinda the go-to rule in both guilds if I recall correctly? Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Not being a turd is a requirement? How did Alteisen get in?

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
I'm sure they'll get their poo poo together eventually. It's still a game that we all loved at some point, for one reason or another. Rather than feed my growing disappointment, I'm stepping away for a bit.

I caught a horse in BDO today. Named it Aiyyi. Now I just need to figure out how to butcher it.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

ItBurns posted:

If anyone is new and/or one of the posters who are depressed because they forgot how to have fun, here's a list of Things to do in Guild Wars 2: It's A Casual MMO Stop Taking It So Goddam Serious Online

Instanced PvE:
Daily Fractals (3 tiers, $$$$ and ascended items)
HoT Story (unique skins and collections)
Story cheevos (unique items and mastery points)
Raids (unique items and mastery xp)
Dungeons (they still exist and you can do them!)

Open-World PvE:
VB/AB/TD/DS Meta events (Cool skins and mastery XP)
HoT Adventures (map currency and mastery XP)
SW/Drytop Farm ($$$ and unique items)
Map Completion (legendary items and mastery XP)
Insights (mastery points and fun puzzles)

PvP:
PvP Season (unique nameplate floater)
Farm reward tracks (skins, $$$$)
Get a literal Mini Tybalt
Get a guy with a cannon or that awful assassin hero from GW1 seriously why would i pick you over Razah what are you smoking

Collections:
PvP Backpiece Collection (unique item)
Fractal Backpiece Collection (unique item)
Specialization Collections (unique weapon skins)
Legendary Collections (unique items)
Herta

Gathering/Merchants:
Daily Pact Supply Network Agent (insane $$$$)
Gathering on rich nodes ($$$$)
Gather in the Guild Hall (unique skins and $$$$)

And plenty more!

F.A.Q.

Q: I play for 16 hours a day because I'm unemployed????
A: No clue! WoW?

Nice try, Anet

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Here's a fun Scrapper build I've had success with lately. Very survivable allowing you to defend a point and also brings a lot to team fights for pressuring enemy points.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtbhtoCGpCEqilJjS8ZKgAIc7Smwi+vr7+G-TJBFABq/AAEvMQS7PAwFAAA

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Kessel posted:

this is a good build that is squarely entering the meta. final salvo is really, really good. it also has a lot of alternatives - you can slot hoelbrak runes, paladin amulet, blood sigil, any combination of these and the current build to exploit synergy works.

Yeah, final salvo almost feels broken. So much stability.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Harrow posted:

Yeah, knew about that already. Does everyone still hate the new WvW borderlands, too?

I'm not really at a point where I'm interested in raiding in GW2 but popping in for some casual PvP sounds fun. I think I lost all motivation to play for a while when it started looking like the whole new way of getting legendary precursors was just as grindy, just in a different way, so doing something not PvE is probably good for me.

I quit for about 4 months and just came back for pvp. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Coming back after a long hiatus... just unlocked all the skills for chronomancer.

The builds on metabattle are categorized into raid or pvp. For now I plan on just continuing with the story and HoT map exploration. I'm looking for a good open-world chrono build that will get me used to the profession and will serve as a stepping stone towards one of the raid builds. Any advice?

• Locked thread