Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I was hoping to have my good laptop fixed in time for this but what the hell, let's see how the backup handles it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I only unlocked Dragonhunter to unlock the collection...

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

So it'll be a little while before I actually can check for myself, can someone post a screen of the dragonhunter gauntlets? I feel like the glove slot's been the hardest to fill on my guardian's ensemble.

edit: Re: zone completion, I try to do all the waypoints the first pass through but everything else I'll leave behind for later as I level.

Trebuchet King fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 27, 2015

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Yay, love them patch notes. My thief is <11 tomes away from 80; I'm gonna do the personal story stuff as it unlocks so it might end up being like 8 or 9 tomes? Then much less intimidatingly on to daredevil!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Wait, is lunatic guard an outfit or an armor set?

edit: hoooooly poo poo that next weapon set, I want the greatsword and the sceptre and the torch

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Hefty posted:

Thanks! The shoulders are stalwart, which anet has been saying they'll eventually make available again for a couple years now. Chest is from the glorious pvp track. The boots are from a level ~30 crafting set, I think. Most of the other options look like clown shoes on Norn.

My dye game is non-existent though. I'm only using abyss and midnight ice right now (or ever because I'm boring) so suggestions are welcome.

That's some Daft Punk lookin' threads you got there, som.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Hrm, I wonder if viper would end up being better for a burn guardian than sinister...

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I feel like the collection-precursoring makes some solid sense if you're starting from zero, with none of the other three components either (gift of fortune, et al). Something to work on while you're farming karma for obsidian shards or whatever.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

do i want to know cbbe is? i'm assuming not.

I finally got my second character to 80! It's the first of the characters I'd planned on before launch to make it to cap, my human thief.

I'm assuming berzerker will be fine as a prefix as I get all the gear slots updated to 80, but as I work on getting exo+ gear are there any cool builds based on other prefixes? Otherwise the only other thing I feel really unsure on is what weaponset I should have equipped alongside the staff.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

It'd be, if anything different, Chronomantrix.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

God I can't wait to get my good laptop back and run the 64bit client on it and revel in the gloriousness of it all.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Is there a decent rundown of the thief traitlines? More than just "acrobatics gives you this, deadly arts this, etc," but something a little more in-depth? Points out highlights, explains why bad traits are bad, etc.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Thank you very much Generic Octopus! When I looked at that first one all the trap stuff was what caught my attention so I was a little confused why it was matched with the other traitlines like it was. Thiefiness is much more clear-cut, now, thanks!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Schpyder posted:

Welp.

It wasn't just the PSU. :sigh:

Time to order a new mobo, CPU, and RAM and hope I can get it to POST and the drives and GPU are alright. See you guys in a while I guess. :sadwave:

Oh no, do you know what caused this?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

One of the schools I'm addressing an envelope to for work is "Orr Elementary," and all I can picture are little kids shrieking "Death...good!"

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm closing in on my first 28 day login reward and I'm wondering what the better investment is, legendary crafting gear for when I decide to do one or laurels to convert to gold?

Even if you want to craft a legendary I'm pretty sure laurels are still better by way of the T6 mats.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

If it weren't for the stupid penishook sticking out of the belt on the heavy bladed pants I could see using them but I am way too freudian to be able to get past that.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I got up a tree close to the top and then there was a lone pumpkin on a gold ledge with no further pumpkins in sight. It was a little bit higher than the platform next to the arena tower, but not enough higher I could have glided over. It was a fun diversion!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Rakeris posted:

Guess that's a no, soon then?

uh, the opposite in fact. there's raid talk over at least the last five pages or so of the thread, and the previous page is mostly raidposts.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

At this point I just want some legendary armor previews so I can determine my appropriate level of desire to raid.

The heavy boot department as it presently stands is pretty weak.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

the joys of vocal inflectionless communication!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

it's like you got eschergirls in my SA.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Is there a...map, I guess, or similar providing a nice route to round up enough (or as much as possible) of the mats for spiritwood planks/deldrimor ingots per day? I know for iron there's that canyon thing in the NW of Brisban but it'd be great if I could streamline, I guess, the process.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

wonderfulness

Wow, that's absolutely marvelous. Thank you!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

where did you get a gif of me

one punch man, it's on hulu.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

One of the neat things about GW2 is that you can join multiple guilds so that's not even something you have to worry about :buddy: Arkridge and Thyrork and I are in GOON, and Kenshin/Dreggon/Mizuti are in both GOON and SFD. There are probably some bird people in just-SFD too but since I am not in it I do not know about them??

e: oh and Sekkira plays but she's not in either goon guild, she's a rebel like that.

in case you are wondering who arkridge is it is me. it is i? either way I'm on my way to hang out with an african grey in the early stages of ~*bird puberty*~

That does remind me incidentally; is it possible to get your account name changed? I've been thinking of trying to unify my e-persona a bit more across all the poo poo I've signed up for over the years.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

It is bad luck to diss birds, man. they are smart as heck and there's a reason there's so many bird omens and poo poo.

hope u don't get ~*bird curséd*~

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Lonk posted:

If birds are so good why don't they invent cool poo poo like bikes, Pogs, Hi-C Ecto Cooler and the SNES?!?

I have thumbs, dammit!

they just trained us to invent it for them.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

What causes the bee aura, anyways?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

If it had clothes on it might actually be kinda neat but naked that is some p. solid nightmare fuel.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

That story was massively triggering for me.

Are you the bomb?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just gonna drop this here.

should be "what a savings" if you're going to properly reference that glorious film.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Somebody didn't spend enough time in LA

oh right, i forgot about that guy. my point still stands, then, just directed at anet instead. :colbert:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

do you think that would even qualify as japery?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

poo poo, i needed to be productive tonight

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Alteisen posted:

Yea I'll never understand the grognard way of thinking, most big grinds in GW2 are optional, waypoints are a wonderful convenience tool, you don't have to fight for mobs, mats or pets.

Why does this sub group of an obviously tiny rear end minority continue to demand to be pandered to and offer the worst possible ideas forward.

i suspect it's similar to the reason cranky old white men get angry when you talk about taking the confederate flag down...other people aren't allowed to get what they want.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Illuyankas posted:

Toonies are pictures of cartoons cut out of comics and newpapers that Canadians use as Currency (except images of Simpsons characters, those are solely used for Barter)

you're my new favorite human being

i don't know how i'll bear being demoted

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

ApeHawk posted:

I'm glad Canach and Caithe, the two cool people who just wanna chill and kill, aren't associated with Destiny's Orphans.

yet

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

well, these are precursors, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i was going to point to storm/meteorlogicus, but i guess they jazzed up storm? didn't it use to be the boring basic sceptre with wavy blue bits on either end?

• Locked thread